It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orangutan Shot 104 Times

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The Orangutan thought to be around 15 years old was rescued by conservation workers who found a staggering 104 pellets lodged in her vital organs eyes and ears

Horrifying x-rays show the extent of her cruel treatment, after which vets performed vital surgery to remove 37 pellets from her head and a further 67 from the rest of her body.

An x-ray shows more than 30 pellets lodged in the head
Though this Ape is now making a remarkable recovery it will probably not be released back into the wild as it would be too easy a target for angry farmers who view orangutans as pests

Despite being protected by law, orangutans live in rainforests which are being destroyed through logging and conversion to oil-palm plantations.

uk.news.yahoo.com...
www.ibtimes.co.uk...
This is really quite saddening

Cran

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
holy cow! and the poor thing lived!!!???
this is horrible!

i guess if humans can kick out other humans from their home at gunpoint,and have their home demolished to make way for a new walmart,i guess this doesn't surprise me too much.
it just makes me ill.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
that's not very nice. i'm glad it survived.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

I knew the story would upset me but I read it anyway. What an amazing animal - just shows how strong the Spirit is and the fact that she would not just lay down and die. What a beautiful animal!!

Glad to know she is being cared for and that she will not be released into the wild - being blind would make her vulnerable to her entire environment. What an amazing lift to my energy is the story of this incredible animal! Thank you for posting.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Geez poor thing and beautiful. What a bunch of thugs.
It's amazing she survived the ordeal and it's great that she's in a place now where she will be treated properly.
edit on 6-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Glad to know she is being cared for and that she will not be released into the wild

She will return to the forest and live in a large holding cage
Safe and semi wild still

Cran

top topics

join