Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The Number 27

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hey all, my first thread here. I wasn't quite sure where to put it so Gray Area it is!

I realize the Knee-Jerk reaction on this topic is "You're looking for it". First let me tell you I don't see this number anymore (at least barely), but have been curious ever since. Anyway, just bare with me. Onto the thread we go;

I'm not quite sure what to make of this "Number 27" thing. Indeed, I used to see it everywhere; clocks, license plates, movies, etc. I had one other friend who also saw it everywhere. I began to think, as some might surely point out, that I was subconsciously looking for it (i.e. I would be more likely to notice 27 on a license plate because, perhaps, my periphery would find it and draw my attention to it). So, I decided I would give no significance to it.

Though it isn't quite that easy. I'm starting to wonder if it is possible that there is some significance; of what that may be, I am unsure. Perhaps good, perhaps bad. The best I would describe is that 27 indicates an "event" to occur, which one may or may not influence or be part of. That is, at least, my opinion.

Anyway, as I said, I forgot about the number for some years; but it began popping up again. It really started to bug me because I thought it was done with. Then I realized that my birthday (Dec 15th, 1989), actually works out to 27 (Dec 15 1989 = 12 15 1989 --> 12+15,1+9+8+9 = 27,27). As you might imagine, this had me a little spooked. I decided I would look a little further into it, do other calculations, search on the internet, etc. I've heard of the 27 club of musicians (I'm not sure what I think about it). I am no Doomsdayer, but I figured that, after doing my birthday, I'd see what happens when I calculate December 21, 2012. This is how I did it;

Dec 21, 2012 = 12 21, 2012
i) 12+21, 20+12
ii) 33, 32
iii) 3^3=27, 3^2=9
iv) 27x27, 27x9 (multiply both results of iii) by 27)
v) 729, 243
vi) 7+2+9, 2+4+3
vii) 18, 9 (add together)---> =27

Am I looking for things that aren't there? Does this perhaps have any significance?
I've searched endlessly for some kind of answer, but alas, nothing. Just more Questions..... Perhaps the dedicated Folk at ATS can help me do some digging?

Also, Here is a site exclusively dedicated to this phenomena (with apparently many more people seeing that number) and the many instances it pops up in various subjects;

Mystery of the Number 27

I am aware that you could probably do this with any number, but something in my gut tells me to check it out further.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I just had to be the first post to this...IT'S MY NUMBER!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
27's my number too. It's my birthday number and it stands out the most for me out of any other number 0-100. I feel it's a number of "dreamers" -- don't ask me why. lol

It's also the most common lotto number for my country's major national lotto.

Other than all that, I don't think there's anything else on my side. I think you're just reading too much into this but what do I know. The mind creates reality though, so if you feel it's of some major significance, then that's probably what you're going to see from it.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I have always been stuck with 13, as far as I can remember in much the same way you described with 27. Can we still be friends

edit on 6-11-2012 by Thescripter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

tis a number of dreamers. tis also the number of the spirit..

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It's my lucky number! The house I grew up in a house that was 27 , I was born on Oct. 27.
edit on 6-11-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Just a few other things I found;

The pressure at the center of the Earth is 27,000 tons per square inch

The Moon is approximately 27% the size of the Earth.

27% of the Earth's crust is silicon.

There are 27 bones in an adult human hand

About 27 tons of dust rains down on the earth each day from space, making a total of almost 10,000 tons each year

Near the Sun's equator, it completes one rotation every 27 Earth days.

Hurricanes require a special set of conditions, including ample heat and moisture. For a hurricane to form, there must be a warm layer of water at the top of the sea with a surface temperature greater than 27 °C (80 °F). This is why most level five hurricanes occur over warm tropical oceans. Also, a level 5 hurricane has a barometric pressure of 27.17 or lower.

On December 27th 1831, Darwin set out on board the Beagle.

No significance at all?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

I see 27 often but its the day of the month I was born so I tend to lean that I'm making the association based on that.

new topics

top topics

join