It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shurat HaDin: 'Turkey Should be Tried, Not Israeli Officers'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Shurat HaDin: 'Turkey Should be Tried, Not Israeli Officers'

www.israelnationalnews.com

"It is the Turkish government which needs to be tried for the deaths of the Islamic terrorists on the Mavi Marmara and not IDF officials," asserted Nitsana Darshan-Leitner, director of the Shurat HaDin Israeli Law Center.

The comments came in response to Tuesday’s news that a Turkish court decided to begin an in absentia trial for four former Israeli military commanders over their role in the 2010 killing of nine Turkish citizens taking part in the flotilla aiming to reach Hamas-ruled Gaza.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+22 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
First off, I put this in the BAN forum due to the conspiracy of the world not holding Israel accountable for the murder of another American citizen, this time in international waters so I believe it belongs in this forum as there are people within Israeli society who are trying to convince the world that these peace activists were terrorists which is certainly a grand conspiracy that the world community allows this to happen.

This statement from Nitsana Darshan is one of the most outrageous comments I have heard coming out of Israel in a long while, and believe me I have heard many.

First off he labels the peace activists as "Islamic terrorists" while many on board were not even Muslim. Nine people were executed including an American-Turkish citizen who was shot at point blank range in the back of the head while their ship was illegally boarded in international waters which can only be explained as piracy.

The Israeli Law Center should immediately demand his resignation unless they want to associate themselves with this extremist and his views. In cases like this you are guilty by association.

I would like to see justice served for the victims of the barbaric murders suffered by the hands of the IDF commandos who participated in this raid as they are the real terrorists, not the peace activists.

I hope a high ranking Israeli official will speak out against this statement otherwise it will showcase the delusions that are shared within the Israeli government and it's affiliate organizations.

This article is pure propaganda and needs to be delegitimized.

www.israelnationalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Just incase some cant remember, here is a video of the assult by the IDF

While looking to find the above video, i found another video trying to hilariously justify the IDF murders.

Here is the posters comment

The 'Free Gaza' Flotilla had publicly insisted on their non-violent intentions, however their violent attack on the IDF soldiers was clearly premeditated. They had knives, metal rods, firebombs and other items ready to use.

What a joke! Through everything I have seen and read on this incident, nothing justifies the action of the troops that were dropped on the boat. It does not even matter that they were IDF, no nation should conduct a military assult in this scenario.

First they kill people, now they want the case dismissed. I dont know what else to say...
edit on 6-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Thanks for sharing the videos

I would have thrown the pirates off too if I had the chance after they murdered my fellow shipmates in international waters after they illegally boarded my boat.
edit on 11/6/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

And for the posters comments:

The 'Free Gaza' Flotilla had publicly insisted on their non-violent intentions, however their violent attack on the IDF soldiers was clearly premeditated. They had knives, metal rods, firebombs and other items ready to use.

The IDF are lucky that these peace activists did not have guns as most peope travelling the high seas usually arm themselves do avoid piracy. There was no proof of firebombs and all the other materials they claimed to be "weapons" were common items to find on a boat that is on a long journey.

In fact it was the IDF who were dropping flash grenades or something similar on the boat as they boarded.
edit on 11/6/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Israel has a history of dismissing any verdict rendered by the ICJ (International Court of Justice)

Recent example:

Israel firmly rejects ICJ fence ruling

Israel is mobilizing its efforts to contain the damaging diplomatic effect of the decision by the International Court of Justice at The Hague on Friday against the security fence being constructed in the occupied territories.

Link

I fear this situation will be the same.

They certainly have deflected everything from Humantarian infractions, to issues surrounding their nuclear weapons.

I am trying to be as unbiased as possible, but its getting pretty damn hard.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

The people in power of Israel certainly like to label the victims as the bad guy, while trying to portray the illusion that Israel is the victim. They have been doing this for decades. To be fair, Israel has had it's share of enemies so I'm not saying they are the aggressor in every single situation, but in reality they are a terrorist state who labels anyone who disagrees with them as terrorists or anti-semites.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
So basically, "We killed your civilians and you should be tried for it."

Seems Legit.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

So basically, "We killed your civilians and you should be tried for it."

That is a very accurate way to explain it.

If I were to have posted this in a different forum your statement would have made the perfect title for this thread and the article as well.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Turkey should not be on trial, but neither should be Israel.
Ship was trying to break blockade and stopping it is legal even according to UN. Israeli forces AND "peace activists" both acted really stupid and situation escalated to a direct confrontation.
The ship should have stopped when ordered to and "peace activists" should not have attacked armed man representing a legit military force, and Israel should not have choose Hollywood-style helicopter dropping of few commandos who are trained to kill and not for crowd control.
This was serious business but the sides treated it like a game.
By the way, there were lots of real peace activists on the ship. They did not arm them-self with cold weapons before the boarding.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Ship was trying to break blockade and stopping it is legal even according to UN.

Oh, how ironic. The blockade itself in the first place is illegal according to the UN.

And like Israel listens to the UN anyway. They always ignore them or get the US to veto them.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
There were no terrorists on that boat. There were several determined humanitarians, and a hull full to the brim of nothing but food, building material and hope.

The thugs that attacked that boat ought to hang thier heads in shame, as should those who commanded them. On a wider angle, the blockade, wether legal or not is surely immoral.

Making the whole of Palestine, and the Gaza strip suffer, simply because of the actions of a group of psychotic revolutionaries and so called freedom fighters, and terrorists, is not acceptable. It matters not one single jot why the blockade is there, it only matters what its result is. The only important result is that the people it effects are starving, freezing, dying, and all because the Israeli government cannot tell the difference between a terrorist and a victim.

May God have mercy on thier souls. They are unlikely to find any here on Earth.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
Oh, how ironic. The blockade itself in the first place is illegal according to the UN.

Why would you lie about that?
Remember, the UN Report of the Secretary-General’s Panel of Inquiry
on the 31 May 2010 Flotilla Incident stated:

Israel faces a real threat to its security from militant groups in Gaza. The naval blockade was imposed as a legitimate security measure in order to prevent weapons from entering Gaza by sea and its implementation complied with the requirements of international law.

Why do some people post rubbish, when it is so easy to check the facts?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
Making the whole of Palestine, and the Gaza strip suffer, simply because of the actions of a group of psychotic revolutionaries and so called freedom fighters, and terrorists, is not acceptable.

Very true, so why do Hamas do it? They are the ones causing all the problems there.
edit on 6-11-2012 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

I am not saying that Hamas and others are not responsible for an awful lot of suffering. But what I am saying, is that regardless of thier activities, the Israelis have no business blockading the region, and putting non combatants in danger in so doing.

Two wrongs do not make a right at all.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

the Israelis have no business blockading the region,

The UN and International Law disagrees with you

and putting non combatants in danger in so doing.

The terrorist supporters of hamas are the ones who put the non combatatants in danger.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

See thats funny, because by that token, the US should have turned Afghanistan to smoking glass, Iraq into a nuclear wasteland, and every tin pot dictator ship on the Earth into a total picture of devastation. Britain should have carpet bombed Derry, and every centre of paramilitary power in Ireland, and Spain should have done the same to ETA freindly regions of thier nation.

And of course, they bloody well SHOULDNT have done that, because that would be outright murder of civilians. By the same token, turning an entire region into a concentration camp is not a fair or indeed proportionate response to the level of threat posed by Hamas in the area. There is no REASON why the area cannot be supplied with food and medical supplies, other than the to enact the torture of the innocent. As the Israelis well know, the terrorists are the only ones who can get medical supplies and food, and they get it wether there are boats comming in or not.

Its the non combatant civilians that are taking the brunt of this, even though it is not them who launch bottle rockets, shoot IDF members, or make bombs. The reason this blockade is so wrong, is that appart from anything else, the IDF have the men, machinery, and intel to do a much more surgical job of removing terrorists from the region. The Mossad are very capable of disposing of such people, and there is no reason why they would choose to do otherwise, aside from wishing to hold an entire group of people hostage as punishment for crimes they have not personally committed.

There can be no legitimate arguement to support this decision, since it is the least humane way they could be dealing with the situation.

Hamas is not on the blockade boats. It is not the organisation which chopper drops marines onto humanitarian vessels, and misidentifies humanitarians as terrorists. Hamas is a vile organisation, but it is not responsible for the level of response to its activities. That is the sole responsibility of the Israeli government, who should damned well know better due to thier unique history.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

There is no REASON why the area cannot be supplied with food and medical supplies,

It is....

Hamas is a vile organisation, but it is not responsible for the level of response to its activities.

Yes it is, and it is responsible for what goes on in Gaza.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

The UN and International Law disagrees with you

Are you sure?

You must have missed General Assembly GA/11180, 30 November 2011. They passed six MORE resolutions on Israel.

General Assembly Adopts Six Resolutions, Concluding Debates on Question of Palestine, Wider Middle East Situation

Urging Israel to heed calls by the Secretary-General and the international community to release the funds, he said Israel’s actions were not only illegal and immoral, but also counter-productive to the goal of genuine and lasting peace. Israel must pay due attention to the views and sentiments of the 166 countries that had voted in favour of the draft resolution on the right of the Palestinian people to self-determination. Israel should also stop all provocative actions, immediately and unconditionally improve the situation on the ground, stop the construction of illegal settlements, lift the blockade on Gaza, address humanitarian needs and improve the atmosphere for negotiations. The Quartet must compel Israel to stop its intransigence, particularly regarding settlement construction, he added, emphasizing also the equal importance of political unity among the Palestinians to progress in the peace process and Gaza’s reconstructio

The terrorist supporters of hamas are the ones who put the non combatatants in danger.

The Gazans are trapped in the worlds largest jail cell, and the Israelis bomb hospitals, schools, and UN outposts so where do you expect anyone to hide, let alone Hamas. I don't agree with all their actions but they are the elected leaders of that part of land.

To say they hide that they hide beyond civilians is very hypocritical of you considering the proven documentation of Israelis using Palestinian children as human shields, it does not help your faulty argument whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Which nation is running the blockade hellobruce? What government is controlling the lives of those in the Gaza strip right now? I will give you a clue. It is not a Hamas controlled Palestine.

And that mall... yeah, because that particular tiny example is TOTALLY indicative of the situation throughout the whole Gaza community... Oh wait, no it isnt.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join