It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I donate $1000 to the Shriners, do the Children get more than $10 of that? If so, Prove it, pleas

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Where does all the money go, that people donate to the Shriner's Hospital?

I'm going to assume that only 1% goes to the children. Can any real Shriner's pull out the accounting books and tell me where all the money goes, exactly? If more than 1% goes to the children, then please prove this to me.
Thanks. Because I heard that barely any of the money donated to the Shriners, actually goes to the children. Can anyone straighten this out for me, and prove otherwise?
- Where does all the money go? Break it down, please.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by magickmaster

This is why I refuse to donate to any charity. It's much better to go out there and do it yourself. If you don't live in the area then find a way to contact someone that does. Someone that's trusted of course.

If it's a hospital, try to contact it directly. If it's an organization then call them. If they take your money while lying to you then they can be sued for fraud.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

If you donate it to the Shriner's Hospitals, then 100% of it passes through to the hospital. If you simply donate it to your local Shrine Club, or Shrine Temple, then they can distribute it as they see fit.

If they are holding a fundraiser for the the Shriner Hospitals, then 100% of anything obtained during that event goes directly to the hospital.

For your proof, you'll have to go read the 501(c)3 laws that regulate not-for-profit organizations, and fundraising activities.

My local Shrine Temple was once involved in a lawsuit with a subgroup within the organization for this very thing. They little car club had a fundraising event, and the Shrine Temple wanted to keep some of the money for hosting the event, but there was some print materials that mentioned the Shriner's Hospitals, and because of that it would have been unlawful to keep a single cent for the local organization.

There have been other occasions where the Hospitals have sued outside fundraising organizations for using their likeness or name in a fundraising activity and then keeping a percentage of the funds, and this was also unlawful, and they had to cough up all the money to the hospitals.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorserider

If you donate it to the Shriner's Hospitals, then 100% of it passes through to the hospital. If you simply donate it to your local Shrine Club, or Shrine Temple, then they can distribute it as they see fit.

If they are holding a fundraiser for the the Shriner Hospitals, then 100% of anything obtained during that event goes directly to the hospital.

For your proof, you'll have to go read the 501(c)3 laws that regulate not-for-profit organizations, and fundraising activities.

My local Shrine Temple was once involved in a lawsuit with a subgroup within the organization for this very thing. They little car club had a fundraising event, and the Shrine Temple wanted to keep some of the money for hosting the event, but there was some print materials that mentioned the Shriner's Hospitals, and because of that it would have been unlawful to keep a single cent for the local organization.

There have been other occasions where the Hospitals have sued outside fundraising organizations for using their likeness or name in a fundraising activity and then keeping a percentage of the funds, and this was also unlawful, and they had to cough up all the money to the hospitals.

Your post is 100% Hogwash. I asked for an accounting of where the money goes, in the organization. How much goes in the pockets of Masons, how much for administration, for salaries, for expenses, how much is hidden in suspense accounts, off ledger accounts, and offshore accounts? These are real questions, and if you want to play games all day, we have plenty of time, around here.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This is a formal breakdown of one Shriners location for how their money is handled. I'm sure there are similar breakdowns for other locations and their local process for administering the charity side of the work they do. This ought to give a basic idea though. The Shriners are, in my experience, among the best for donations being used for what they were intended and the stories of normal folks greatly helped by them seem to support the spreadsheets. Just my opinion for that last part.

Shriners Hospital for Children - Program Report - Tampa, Fl.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Money is saved up to keep up with maintenance, to build new buildings, and all expenses needed to operate the various hospitals. There's also a board of directors who manage the hospitals. Have you asked them. I'm sure if you asked in a polite manner of not necessarily the specifics, but general areas where the money goes I'm sure they'd answer you.

One should never assume, particularly when your attempting to defame. It often backfires. The problem is that we don't need to prove anything, it is for you to prove your case, your assumption.

I could find the answers, but I'm not a Shriner and my focus is with the RARA, CMMRF (ICVBM), and the KTEF.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Highly suggest you do some background research into the true nature of the secret society in question, and decide against the support. It may make it to the charity, but if it doesn't - and whos guarantee do you have - this is what you could be supporting.

On Masonic Charity. The world's largest non religious charity scam. On the Shriners and Jesters
www.abovetopsecret.com...

(Masonic) Jesters,human sex trafficing and multimillon dollar fraud case.,

Royal Order of Jesters testify about Illegal Drugs, Child Prostitution

Royal Order of Jesters Prostitution Updates (Photos),

If even a whiff of these allegations surround most charties, most moral people would run. Don't support it imo.
edit on 6-11-2012 by Northwarden because: typo

link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Money is saved up to keep up with maintenance, to build new buildings, and all expenses needed to operate the various hospitals. There's also a board of directors who manage the hospitals. Have you asked them. I'm sure if you asked in a polite manner of not necessarily the specifics, but general areas where the money goes I'm sure they'd answer you.

One should never assume, particularly when your attempting to defame. It often backfires. The problem is that we don't need to prove anything, it is for you to prove your case, your assumption.

I could find the answers, but I'm not a Shriner and my focus is with the RARA, CMMRF (ICVBM), and the KTEF.

So if money is saved for all these things, then it goes into an account to be saved, and this account must accrue a lot of interest, correct? So, how much of this interest goes back to the children, or does any of it, or does all of it? Also, what about the principal? How much of that Principal goes to the children, IF EVER? Or do they just get the interest from that principal, only?

I'm sure someone who knows the truth around here can answer this for me.....

link   

You want me to make stuff up? There are no offshore accounts, there are no secret ledgers. Each local Shrine Temple or Shrine Club has a budget and completely transparent accounting procedures, and every member of the organization has a chance to approve the expenditures or transfers before they happen. They file a tax return just like any other corporation. It is entirely transparent.

HEre is my local Temple's corporate structure. Every name on there is a person I could call on the phone right now, and they do not have mansions or yachts, LOL!

Their pictures are in these pages every month.

There are few special legislative perks for the Shriners. In Florida, the Shriners and the Fireman are the only ones statutorily permitted to stand at intersections and collect money. Everyone else is breaking the law when they do it.

More Info

Sorry, but I won't make up lies to tickle your fancy. There is no conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Third party organizations do keep track. Here are two links that can be used to gauge how your donations are being spent: www.charitynavigator.org... and www.bbb.org...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiteNGale2
Third party organizations do keep track. Here are two links that can be used to gauge how your donations are being spent: www.charitynavigator.org... and www.bbb.org...

Who keeps track of the interest and the principal?
Answer: NOBODY!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Your post is 100% Hogwash. I asked for an accounting of where the money goes, in the organization. How much goes in the pockets of Masons, how much for administration, for salaries, for expenses, how much is hidden in suspense accounts, off ledger accounts, and offshore accounts?

Someone already posted that for you:

Program Expenses 85.0%

Administrative Expenses 11.6%

Source

Some of the top members of the board are compensated pretty generously, but 85% going to program expenses is pretty good for a charity.

In comparison to a poorly managed charity:

1. American Tract Society

Administrative expenses: 68.0%

Topping the list of America’s worst charities is an organization that spent more than $1.6 million dollars on its administrative expenses in 2007, over twice what it spent the previous year. The American Tract Society, based in Texas, distributes religious literature to spread its message around the world. With a history of low ratings from Charity Navigator, the group’s administrative expenses have consistently outpaced the amount of donations coming in.

www.mainstreet.com...
edit on 6-11-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

OP... Did you start a thread to get answers and information or just a troll trap to attract Shriner members and Pro-Shriner people to abuse and harass?

Several of us have been trying to answer your questions, despite every argument you throw back. The fact of the matter is, they don't report their numbers for fun. They are required to by the nature of the organization. Charities don't get to hide figures and woe be the ones who have thought they'd do it anyway and take their chances. That usually ends VERY badly. The Shriners are long standing and very well established. Their good works are also long running and well documented.

Their finances are, by matter of law, available for people to look at. Again, this isn't done as a good idea....It's done in compliance to U.S. laws of Charity organizations and reporting requirements.

Is that a bit helpful?
edit on 6-11-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Your post is 100% Hogwash. I asked for an accounting of where the money goes, in the organization. How much goes in the pockets of Masons, how much for administration, for salaries, for expenses, how much is hidden in suspense accounts, off ledger accounts, and offshore accounts?

Someone already posted that for you:

Program Expenses 85.0%

Administrative Expenses 11.6%

Source

Some of the top members of the board are compensated pretty generously, but 85% going to program expenses is pretty good for a charity.

85% of what? Principal? or Interest? or both?

If it's 85% of principal and interest, then it would be good, but unfortunately, nobody can come on board here and guarantee that, now can they?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

If it's 85% of principal and interest, then it would be good, but unfortunately, nobody can come on board here and guarantee that, now can they?

What are you talking about? They wen't into a spending deficit for the last year that is available.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Interest on investments would be considered revenue:

REVENUE
Total Contributions $222,674,207
Program Service Revenue $4,622,016
Total Primary Revenue $227,296,223
Other Revenue $343,115,279
TOTAL REVENUE $570,411,50

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

What are you talking about? They wen't into a spending deficit for the last year that is available.

Where does the money come from, that goes to the children? Principal and interest, or just interest?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Where does the money come from, that goes to the children? Principal and interest, or just interest?

You are not making any sense here.

Are you taking out a mortgage?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

He is just looking to EXPOSE the evil deeds of masons.
It's already been proven, he's just too blinded by hate to comprehend.

Sad really. Almost pitiful.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join