It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

In light of your failure in recent years to nominate competent candidates for President of the USA and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective immediately. (You should look up 'revocation' in the Oxford English Dictionary.)

Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths, and territories (except North Dakota, which she does not fancy).

Your new Prime Minister, David Cameron, will appoint a Governor for America without the need for further elections.

Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. A questionnaire may be circulated next year to determine whether any of you noticed.

To aid in the transition to a British Crown dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:

-----------------------

1. The letter 'U' will be reinstated in words such as 'colour,' 'favour,' 'labour' and 'neighbour.' Likewise, you will learn to spell 'doughnut' without skipping half the letters, and the suffix '-ize' will be replaced by the suffix '-ise.' Generally, you will be expected to raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. (look up 'vocabulary').

------------------------

2. Using the same twenty-seven words interspersed with filler noises such as ''like' and 'you know' is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication. There is no such thing as U.S. English. We will let Microsoft know on your behalf. The Microsoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take into account the reinstated letter 'u'' and the elimination of '-ize.'

-------------------

3. July 4th will no longer be celebrated as a holiday.

-----------------

4. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers, or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you're not quite ready to be independent. Guns should only be used for shooting grouse. If you can't sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist, then you're not ready to shoot grouse.

----------------------

5. Therefore, you will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous than a vegetable peeler. Although a permit will be required if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.

----------------------

6. All intersections will be replaced with roundabouts, and you will start driving on the left side with immediate effect. At the same time, you will go metric with immediate effect and without the benefit of conversion tables. Both roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.

--------------------

7. The former USA will adopt UK prices on petrol (which you have been calling gasoline) of roughly $10/US gallon. Get used to it.

-------------------

8. You will learn to make real chips. Those things you call French fries are not real chips, and those things you insist on calling potato chips are properly called crisps. Real chips are thick cut, fried in animal fat, and dressed not with catsup but with vinegar.

-------------------

9. The cold, tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all. Henceforth, only proper British Bitter will be referred to as beer, and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as Lager. South African beer is also acceptable, as they are pound for pound the greatest sporting nation on earth and it can only be due to the beer. They are also part of the British Commonwealth - see what it did for them. American brands will be referred to as Near-Frozen Gnat's Urine, so that all can be sold without risk of further confusion.

---------------------

10. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as good guys. Hollywood will also be required to cast English actors to play English characters. Watching Andie Macdowell attempt English dialect in Four Weddings and a Funeral was an experience akin to having one's ears removed with a cheese grater.

---------------------

11. You will cease playing American football. There is only one kind of proper football; you call it soccer. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which has some similarities to American football, but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like a bunch of nancies).

---------------------

12. Further, you will stop playing baseball. It is not reasonable to host an event called the World Series for a game which is not played outside of America. Since only 2.1% of you are aware there is a world beyond your borders, your error is understandable. You will learn cricket, and we will let you face the South Africans first to take the sting out of their deliveries.

--------------------

13.. You must tell us who killed JFK. It's been driving us mad.

-----------------

14. An internal revenue agent (i.e. tax collector) from Her Majesty's Government will be with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all monies due (backdated to 1776).

---------------

15. Daily Tea Time begins promptly at 4 p.m. with proper cups, with saucers, and never mugs, with high quality biscuits (cookies) and cakes; plus strawberries (with cream) when in season.

God Save the Queen!

Ps: This was sent to me, so i though i share it with you.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Dear Queen Elizabeth II,

Last we checked you tried to revoke our independence in 2 wars: the American Revolution AND the War of 1812. You have still failed to do so. Come get it!

Sincerely,

America

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Ha ha your post made me laugh.
Thank god a thread not about the American elections.
As for the U.S. English,it does my head in- I bought my phone in the U.K. and it was made in South Korea so why the hell does the spell checker think I want my words changed to appease the Americans on ATS?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
To be honest, if we could just keep the football thing and adjust the tea time thing to include 4:20 i might be ok with all of this.

God save the Queen cause the rest of us are #ed...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Seriously, a fun read. The Andie MacDowell line was quite humourous.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
your Sovereign Majesty Queen can keep walking west until her hat floats. See if this sovereign citizens cares

edit on 6-11-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
your Sovereign Majesty Queen can keep walking west until her hat flots. See if this sovereign citizens cares
It seems it's not just the letter u that they miss out.Does 'flots' mean floats?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The British are coming!!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight21

Ha Ha thats a pretty good comeback...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

you killed our men raped our women and screwed everybody over with your powertrip psychopathic inbred family. frig off and go rule a cat litter box. you can't even take care of that 'cause you'll use ten slaves and kill eight of them 'cause you can't even take care of yourself. frig off elizabeth II "oh i wave at people all day i'm the queen of the world" crazy azz inbred...
edit on 6-11-2012 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure

Seriously, a fun read. The Andie MacDowell line was quite humourous.

Hey! ...Let's give it a try...can't get any worse!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

i mean don't get me wrong england would be cool without all these retarded laws and if you let people own guns there would be less human trafficking, but your royal family pretty much runs it so you can just keep people dumbed down mad as hornets i am how presumptious

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Just Saying

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Ter de ueen av Englan',

Oi regret ter inform yer dat de Oirish populashun av de united states 'as grown. Yer 'av taken our 'omelan' an' our numbers dare can not compare ter yisser army, but our populashun 'ere is more than adequate. Add ter dat de populashun av peoples dat enjoy celebratin' bein' Oirish on St. Pattys Day an' yer are oyt numbered. We therefore respectfully decline yisser offer wi' de followin' statement from our people, "gud answer, but naw, tanks for playin'."

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

hysterical..

that was the funniest thing I've read in a while..

well except those "vote" signs

as if both parties aren't bought & paid for..

S & F

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Dear Q.E.

I propose Scotland breaks away and comes here, I'm sure there's some jagged cliffs up North that would be a welcome spot to lay ashore ... we also want Bond. James Bond.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

hey you don't see or hear the thunderbolt, the one that gets you

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Don't give that little creep Alex Salmond any ideas!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
She obviously doesn't know how much oil North Dakota has.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join