F-19 Secret Stealth.......Made in China?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Ok cool you looked....Well I'm talking about the model originally from testers!

(well it's the diecast version that ERTL copied from testors for their Force One line of planes in 1989)

But now that your here lets talk a little bit about this mystery plane. Did it exist?
Told you....Made in China!

On another note, I know this has been discussed multiple times here on ATS. The newest "big" thread was years ago so why not bring it up again?

So I was cleaning out my 3 year old's room and I came across an interesting find. I've read about F-19 model design before but never seen one. Well how the hell did my son end up with one? I didn't buy it for him, I would have remembered that. So this mystery plane ended up in my house somehow. Here's some pics on the pool table of it...
Packaging

Starboard side:

Tail Number:

Rear Shot

Great looking RCS!!!:

Port side

Front shot

Close up of Engines

Front and cockpit

Close up of cockpit

And the bottom

Well we've all heard the stories John Lear says about the F-19 being built alongside the F-117, blah, blah, blah. But what if, just maybe, this isn't b.s? What if they really did build this plane. Some AWACS controllers have reported hearing the F-117 on bombing runs talking to another pilot when they are flying solo missions. Who was he talking to? John Lear will say anything to anyone if you pay him enough, but what if he was telling the truth when he says that the F-19 was built on the other side of the hanger that the F-117 was built in? I'm wondering what, if any, role the F-19 would have had during that time. If the F-117 was being built to be a small bomber, then they wouldn't need another one so we can mark that off. The F-19 models themselves looks pretty good for stealth and even got some weird comments from other companies, and all the way up to the Congress. The SR-71 retired without a replacement. Hmmm. Personal disclosure, I've never seen it before in real life so don't ask!

But, rumors have been circulating since 1980's about an aircraft like this being actually built and flown operationally. How is it that they could keep it secret all these years from the world? The F-117 talking to another aircraft was during the first Gulf war, while he was on a bombing run. So perhaps it's built for EW purposes considering the F-117 didn't have much to do with EW. Maybe they are brothers, attached at the hip for missions, the stealth capabilities of both aircraft allow the combo to fly into enemy territory and let the F-117's drop bombs while the RF-19 provide Air to Air support and EW capabilities. Makes sense to me.

Here's some ATS threads on the F-19 (the good ones). Bottom line is I know there's a bunch of them. But they are either old or there's only a few people left on ATS from them. So let's have a new conversation.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com... (research project never got anywhere)
www.abovetopsecret.com... (Aurora Research Project)

Here's some posts around the web:

the other reason that the f-19 became popular was also when the F-117(at the time it was considered "Top Secret") made Headline of a crash in the National Forest at a night exercise.
A civilian nearby claimed to have photographed something. The film was taken by the government and the area sealed until the area was cleared of debris. News media used the model as a possible make of the Government cover-up as real or fake. The maker of the F-19 model was questioned by the Federal Government on how he came up with the design. His reply was he took the Sr-71 drone and made some modification to the design and came up with the F-19.

The TRUTH is that this IS a very real aircraft. The "F-117" is just a decoy, a bit of misdirection to hide the multitude of very real clandestine aircraft that the government has been flying covertly for many years.

Here’s a good write up on the Stealth Fighter program and the fact that designation F-19 was in Janes. Also some information on when the model came out and the US reaction. www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil...

With the desire on the part of the Reagan administration to keep stealth black, little more was published about the stealth fighter until later in the decade. Even the 1984-85 edition of Jane's All the World's Aircraft, which included a very brief entry on the aircraft, made no new revelations about the aircraft except that it believed its designation was F-19. This designation was widely believed accurate for several years, although at least one report uncovered the fact that the designation was inaccurate.

In 1985 the stealth fighter made headlines and national news in the form of a plastic model kit (which turned out to save almost nothing in common with the real thing). At the request of his boss, John Andrews at the Testers Corporation created a speculative model of what the "F-19" might look like. The design was well thought-out, complete with curved surfaces, inwardly canted rudders, and blended engine intakes. Technical data was obtained from unclassified sources such as those used in preparation of this article and a government study likely used in producing the F-117A, the Radar Cross Section Handbook. The only truly unusual source used was a thumbnail sketch by a pilot who claimed that he saw an unusual aircraft over the desert one day.
Release of the model caused a political and media uproar. The kit was spread over newspapers and network news programs. An assembled copy of the kit was even passed around a hearing in the House investigating missing stealth documents. One representative demanded to know how a secret aircraft that even congressman were not allowed to see could be reproduced by a model company. The government was particularly disturbed by the fact that the kit was a best-seller, especially among Lockheed workers at Palmdale, California (where the F-117A was built), which seemed to lend credibility to the model's configuration. In the end, however, the model was merely an intelligent guess.

I have my thoughts about what, if anything, was built around the same time to replace the SR-71. Was it the F-19? I don't think so. But maybe it was. Does anyone out there in ATS land have any theories?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Careful that thing might have lead paint and fall into a million pieces

Interesting read!

edit on 6-11-2012 by CorpratizeMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I dont think that F19 was to replace the SR-71, I think the one to replace the 71 was a version of the 19 called "spectre" with a longer neck and wings angled down - the craft was similar to a Star Trek Bird of Prey (a Klingon ship).

That F19 was the advanced form of the F117-A nighthawk since the designation of the F19 was "Stealth Fighter"... and the SR-71 is not a fighter, and altho the 117 isnt one also, its smaller and easier to imagine a fighter from, maybe a hybrid of the F117 with the F18 Hornet.

But that was all before the F22 craptor, so planes were pretty cool and actually good back then.

EDIT: actually when I think about it, a mix between the 117 and the f18, would make a SR71-like "fighter version"
... so the 19 is the "fighter version" of the SR-71.
there - my final opinion

Altho... the SR 71, and F177 are lockeeds, and the F18 is a douglas... would be a very weird hybrid
edit on 6-11-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have one of these planes in my model collection. What happened, is that Testor was trying to jump the gun prior to the F-117 becoming public. Everyone knew there was a stealth aircraft, but nobody knew exactly what it looked like. This was the design Testor decided on. It turned out to be totally wrong, but a cool looking plane nonetheless. If my memory serves me correctly, there were a couple different "designs" from various companies at that time as to what they thought the plane would look like, and guessing on the "F" number.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I saw this on this site.

photoshop?

www.wizinga.com...

and apparently that was found on this site.

www.amarcexperience.com...

didn't know we had an aircraft graveyard like that.
edit on 6-11-2012 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Yep. That is the boneyard at Davis-Monthan. Here is a larger aerial view for your perusal:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
I saw this on this site.

photoshop?

Yes photoshop. The image appeared during 2009. The original Google Earth images from 2009 don't have the two 'F-19' aircraft. There was debate on some of the military enthusiast forums during 2009. The original GE footage just shows the normal aircraft at the desert storage base.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
this is my favorite version of the plane

wasn't their a Clint Eastwood movie where he piloted one of these planes?

www.imdb.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PandaLord

Firefox?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I don't think it was ever made. They grabbed the F-19 designation because it was next in line. Great design they came up with though. I remember thinking how cool it looked, and being disappointed when the F-117 was unveiled because it didn't look anything like the F-19.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PandaLord

It's funny that always reminds me of the Clint Eastwood movie Firefox.

Makes you wonder if there is actually a test plane like that. Too many coincidences.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Being an Ertl Force One collector, this was fun to see pop up again. Thought I would share a photo of mine from my collection. I could only find the French version.

They were produced in 1987. The Ertl Force One F-117 (a poorly modeled die-cast) was later released in 1989.

edit on 11/7/2012 by DesertWatchdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
I saw this on this site.
photoshop?

Here's the exact spot, on GE. Picture is rotated 90 deg., i.e. the top is east, ect.

32° 9'3.66"N, 110°50'1.20"W

Slide the history slider back to 5/30/2005. Perfect match, less the fake "F-19's".

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
My mind equals BLOWN!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I am kind of impressed with this thread. That the F19 exists is something many people believe in. It could be phased out by now, or it could still be operational. Do you remember the drone that crashed(long story) in Iran? Obama asked to get it back, and Iran offered to send him a toy mock-up they made similar to that plane. Reducing top-secret technology to a children's toy that everybody knew about. It was a pretty effective propaganda-move. What if this is kind of the same? When the F19 was launched China didn't have a chance in competing with the technology. But, what if they made a mock-up of a top military project in order to cut the funding for the secret F19-project? Sometimes the best attack is to make your enemies secrets public.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nidstav

The story goes that the F-19 was secretly made for the Navy to fly off their ships. But no one has ever seen one on a carrier, despite carriers going into areas where they take all their aircraft into port on the carrier.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I think I had an old PC game F-119 stealth fighter. I don't think that design would be very stealthy, too many curved edges. Look at the F-117 and it's made up of flat panels which was the design from that time.
Would it even fly I'm not too sure. Looks cool in black though! The stall speed on that thing would be 300kts+, LOL.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I always thought there was something really weird and highly suspicious about the 'official story' (when would there NOT be, when 'official stories' are in question..?) about the whole Stealth Fighter business.

First there are rumours about this very cool-looking, aerodynamically superb, almost a bit 'saucer-shaped' stealth fighter, called the F-19. They even made a computer game based on it! A really good game, too - I certainly have fond memories of the exciting moments spent playing that game. It was called "Project: Stealth Fighter", and the computer platform was Commodore 64.

Project: Stealth Fighter in Lemon64

(It says "F-19" in the first of the three cover images, but that's a long story - the point is that the name of the game really is "Project: Stealth Fighter", so don't let that bother you)

There were also other versions for other computers, like "F-19 Stealth Fighter" for the DOS and Amiga, but the strange thing about those games was that you could at first choose between the F-19 and F-117A..

F-19 Stealth Fighter in LemonAmiga

.. and then only choose the F-117A in the 'sequel'.

Nighthawk F-117A Stealth Fighter 2.0 in LemonAmiga

It's like they faded out the F-19 this way. Very sneaky. Of course, the name of this new game is "Nighthawk F-117A Stealth Fighter 2.0". No more F-19. Why not? It was good enough to be flown in previous games, why suddenly erase it from existence? I mean, it doesn't matter whether the plane actually exists or not, it could still be fun to fly in a computer GAME.

But no. Is there a reason for this? Could it be they wanted to replace the image and memory of F-19 with the F-117A, so whenever people think about "Stealth Fighter", they would always think of F-117A instead of F-19?

In my opinion, the sudden appearance of the F-117A was really odd. It looked really clunky and impractical, and not very aerodynamic at all. It didn't look "cool" to me, and something felt really wrong.

Then the public was told that there WAS NO F-19, and that the REAL stealth fighter is the F-117A! Everyone was supposed to think and talk only about F-117A, and forget the "silly" F-19 dream.

But we ARE talking about secret technology. If I was building a secret airplane, and facts about that airplane somehow leaked to the public, and someone made a computer game based on that leaked information - I know I would do exactly what 'they' did.

I would introduce a DECOY plane, state that THAT is the real thing, and guide and direct all possible attention to it, while categorically denying that there is any truth to the rumours of the actual plane.

Then I'd be free to plan, design and build it in peace, while everyone would ridicule people who would even DARE raise the question that the F-19 might be an actual, real plane.

I always figured that the closer the Earth technology comes to the otherworldly technology, the closer to the typical "UFO" or "Saucer" shape that tech would seem. F-19 is a lot closer in shape to the typical 'saucer' craft shape than the clumsy-looking F-117A.

I am not going to even talk about the later Stealth Bombers that were featured in numerous movies, computer and video games, etc. I am sure that the secret technology is just that - SECRET. The publicly announced technology is probably - at least logically thinking - just decoys so that the public would feel like they know something neat, when in fact, all they know is just delusions designed to derail their interest from the real secrets to useless tech.

I don't have any real information about this topic, I merely wanted to add my experience about this whole topic throughout these years - in the hope that it might be worth something to someone. Something always felt wrong to me about that whole "F-19 -> F-117A"-switcheroo.

I mean, why design something so beautiful and obviously aerodynamically near-perfect, and then scrap it completely and then change the name and then create something completely awful-looking, both visually and aerodynamically? WHY would anyone in their right mind do that?

No one has ever really explained these decisions, or given any satisfactory, logical answers to these questions (and I doubt anyone will, because there is something fishy about the whole thing).

Something is not right - it's all based on an intuitive feeling - and the intuition tends to be right. Everyone's intuition. But people don't always make the distinction between intuition and other things - that leads to mistakes.

The point is - I am convinced the F-19 is real, and that they simply covered it up with these awful decoys, and the public and the media swallowed their lies instantly and without question. Especially the computer and video game magazines tend to trust the "authorities" blindly.

Yeah, it's wise and intelligent to trust the entities, corporations, governments and military-industrial complexes that have always lied to the people. (

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I've still got an unbuilt model of the F-19, as well as a MIG stealth plane. They're somewhere in my wardrobe at the moment so I can't tell you what the MIG number is.

I always felt, like an earlier poster said, that the F-117 was a disappointment when we saw it. I want to see a real F-19!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The Russian plane is a MIG 35 'Ferret' apparently, and the models are made by Italeri. I have a photo of them but I can't work out how to embed it here.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join