It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boys Meets World’ Sequel Series in the Works

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Ok, you guys can make fun of me if you want but I used to watch all kinds of shows with my kids as they grew up, rugrats, spongebob, even the powerpuff girls lol.
But this show here, was my sons favorite, he would not miss a single episode of it and I also found it kind of entertaining, so if a spinoff is actually made, Im gonna check it out.
By the way, yes I still watch cartoons, Phineas and Ferb is one of my favorites and I also read the Naruto Manga and watch the episodes.

BMW

One of television’s most beloved series from the 90s, Boy Meets World, may soon be returning to TV, in a sequel series focusing on Cory and Topanga’s daughter. Now this is the part you care most about: Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel are in talks to reprise their roles as the still-married couple. According to TV Line, The Disney Channel is currently in the early stages of developing the sequel series, appropriately titled Girl Meets World, and has reached out to Savage and Fishel to secure their participation in the project. This certainly is mind-blowing news for anyone who grew up during that time. But can it work? Absolutely.

Next to Dallas, Boy Meets World may be the most memorable series being sequelized to date. However, they were not the first. Back in 2001, the iconic, cult Canadian teen drama franchise Degrassi returned to the television screen with Degrassi: The Next Generation – which itself was the fourth sequel of the series, following The Kids of Degrassi, Degrassi Junior and Degrassi High

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
NO!! This is one that must be left alone.

The reason why degrassi works was because it focuses on the lives of high school students on a whole and not around one specific character.
BMW focused on Corey himself and I just don't see it being the same if it's based on someone else.
Maybe I'm just being silly because I liked the original so much

I thought about it for a second and yes, I am being silly lol.
don't knock it till you try it!!

The rugrats spinoffs also did well and kids these days like any kind of TV anyway.
edit on 6-11-2012 by jonibelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jonibelle

The rugrats spinoffs also did well and kids these days like any kind of TV anyway.

Didnt know there was a rugrats spinoff but then again I didnt really like that show that much, I watched it but it was kinda weird at times.
Oh and another favorite of mine was Dexters Laboratory and Samarai Jack

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Holy crap!

Boy Meets World was one of my favorite shows growing up, it's actually on my TV now. Not sure how I feel about this spinoff though, they'd have to keep the same style of humor and bring back memorable characters like Shawn and Eric.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

There was Rugrats all grown up and a couple of movies, no?
I absolutely loved both of those!

I found myself youtubing Rocco's Modern Life and Powerpuff girls clips the other day.
I'm only 21 having a little one and reflecting on all these makes me feel 40 lol

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonibelle
reply to post by Juggernog

There was Rugrats all grown up and a couple of movies, no?
I absolutely loved both of those!

I found myself youtubing Rocco's Modern Life and Powerpuff girls clips the other day.
I'm only 21 having a little one and reflecting on all these makes me feel 40 lol

Ohhh yea... I remember rugrats all grown up but hey.. 40 isnt so old

new topics

top topics

join