It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman who drove on sidewalk must wear 'idiot' sign

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
She stands out there for an hour wearing that sign and then she goes on with her day both days. Do you know how fast 60 minutes go by these days?! WAY too fast.

Then life goes on and she doesn't even remember the humiliation she just endured. The idiot drove on the sidewalk so who knows how well her brain works to give off a sense of humiliation.

After this blows over, I wonder what she'll do next.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

this woman made a mistake. have you ever made a mistake ?
punishment ok, but when you start getting uncivilised, the spiral is going downwards.

she should be checked, if she is able to drive a car responsibly. if not, she should loose her driving licence, and pay a fine.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Maybe we could actually brand rapists and pedophiles so people know to stay away from them?
You don't want to do something like that. It's not simply that they would get harassed, because they could probably use some harassment, but some guy would probably murder them or at least badly assault them, landing himself a ticket to jail.

The idea of branding people like this (for public humiliation and punishment) reminds me of old time "justice", where people would be set up in the centre of town in stocks so that the populace can fuel their hate by tossing stones and food at them.

I'd like to think we're passed all that...

As for the woman in the story, the punishment fits the crime. It's a creative and funny way to teach someone a lesson, but it suits her because it wasn't nearly as serious as the above mentioned crimes. The judge is a pretty cool guy.

edit on 6/11/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jonibelle

She did lose her license for 30 days, longer would have been better imo; but you are right, 2 hours over 2 days is not long enough.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

I had this big long list that I was going to type up for you but something tells me you would just ignore it anyway by the tone of your post.

My problem with cameras is not that they catch someone doing something wrong or that I will be caught.

My problem with them is....
who determines right and wrong and how will it be abused in the future.

The setting up of society to feel it is normal to be recorded 24/7 is the first step towards total control.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I really like this punishment. Public humiliation is a big fear to many...not all but many. I know it would embarrass the # out of me that I sure in hell wouldn't make that same mistake again. Sure she could be different but some people just can't be helped.
edit on 13-11-2012 by HawkeyeNation because: misspelling

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

After watching the video of this woman's violation, several questions need to be addressed based on the observations:

I didn't see any children being loaded or off-loaded. In the first segment, there is a child sleeping behind the driver. So, how long is this bus sitting there, waiting to block traffic? Could it be possible that repeated abuse of the power to regulate traffic by the bus driver provoked the subsequent behavior of the woman? The complete lack of children anywhere other than on the bus also begs the question of how "unsafe" the driver's actions were. I'm sure everyone has been confronted at one time or another with a traffic signal along their commute that refused to change even when there was no cross traffic. What do we do in that case? We either alter our route or we take a right turn followed by an immediate U-turn and turn right again with the signal. For my part, after being detained by a bus driver three or four times in a row with no children embarking or disembarking the bus, I think I'd verbally confront the driver and report him/her to the school board and traffic commisio An - but that's just me. Most people wouldn't take the time including, apparently, the woman driving the jeep. There's more to the violation of this woman's rights than just the sentence imparted to her. Just my take on it.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
If the driver was abusing her privilege of stopping traffic, the best thing to do would have been to call 911 give the location and bus number and report a possible medical issue on the bus. Maybe you could say that it looked like the "sleeping" child was passed out and you are concerned due to the fact that the bus has not moved in a very long time. Going on the sidewalk in this situation was reckless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join