It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The election, exit polls, updates and returns

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
The conservative ideology just isn't that attractive to the new voters. It's a matter of demographics and
out dated ideologies.

Then again, they can all go sign a pledge of allegiance to Grover Norquist, demand that Obama follow the constitution while they selectively ignore separation of church and state, have Fox News viewing parties, attempt to obstruct progress, make fear/corporate driven war plans, hate on anyone with skin darker than a "farmers tan", bitch and moan, and pretend that they run the world....oh wait, they already tried that.

I once respected, and even voted, Republican. Now, I cant stand the fringe riffraff that dominates the party.
edit on 7-11-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

You may want to rethink your avatar.

Maybe a guy with a machine gun instead.

I understand your barricades mentality. The people you seem to listen to - if your Michael Savage reference is any indication - have built their entire careers on scaring people into living just short of full-on societal insurrection. I cant even imagine what those vultures would do for a follow-on act if Mitt Romney won. Probably scorch-earth his administration if it didn't perfectly follow their ever-changing dictates to the letter, but I'm glad we'll never know.

Maybe you're the kind of person who needs stressful drama in your life, and maybe the Internet and politics prevents you from being a holy terror within your neighborhood, but we (I include most normal Americans within this "we") just want to get on with stabilizing our nation in ALL the ways that a nation needs stability - economic, social, foreign policy, and a shared vision of our future as a community. It's been a hellish decade since the attacks of 9/11, and we're tired of this constant, feverish drama that you folks seem to feed on and gain your personal strength from.

This nation is not going to plunge into civil war, and it's not going to put up with a virulent rightwing insurrection either. Were much more united than you'll ever believe us to be. Especially if you refuse to listen to responsible views on who we are and what we think. We don't make a lot of noise and most of us have other interests besides keeping track of daily political ups and downs. But don't confuse us with people who are oblivious to what's going on around us. And don't think that when you kids empty gun shops and Walmart ammo counters, that you're scaring any of us with all that blatant activity. We know who you are too. You're no mystery to us. Hell, you live across the street from us, and next door to us. We've known you our whole lives. We know exactly what you are and aren't capable of.

This Internet thingy allows you to spout off as if you've just rappelled down from a commando chopper with no actual life history or cultural conditioning, but the truth is that you're just as normal and commonplace as 80% of the people I'll run into today, and no more dangerous than any of them. And we "liberals" (I prefer Progressive, but you'd probably disagree with my term for you as well) aren't weak, and we're not afraid of you. And we've never been afraid of you.

So have fun in your sandbox here, but don't delude yourself into thinking that all this tough talk impresses anyone on this side of the debate. It doesn't. We've heard it all before, and for decades now. We'll see what happens over the next four years, and hopefully the paid players in this dramedy will see the benefit in shifting a bit closer together - if only for their own professional survival. And if one of you commandos pops off with a display of how heroically opposed to whatever transpires you are, the nation's troops will erase you without more than a news cycle worth of notice by any of us and we'll just move on toward fixing this mess we were handed. And without breaking a sweat about it one way or another.

It's your choice, but I'd see what kind of happiness I could find within what lies ahead for all of us if I were you.
edit on 11/8/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join