It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The election, exit polls, updates and returns

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Obama wins Colorado.

At this point, Obama doesn't need Ohio or Florida (or Virginia for that matter)...he has enough without them.

So people not giving up on Florida or Ohio...it doesn't matter...Obama has won.
edit on 6-11-2012 by xedocodex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthalien50
Trump is losing it! I do not believe this is good sportsmanship.

He just doesn't want to pay taxes.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MaurinQuina

Romney won the red states, which happen to be the poorest states, and the states that receive the most federal aid and tax dependent.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif

Gotta love the Electoral College. You can win the popular vote and still lose the election.

What a country!

Just like Bush did in 2000.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I think this shows two things.

1. Our country is still very divided.
2. People will always vote for the candidate that gives out freebies.

What did you expect? You can't take something from someone and expect them to work for it. This is 21st century america. If anything the people of this country should take this election as a warning of what is to come. Gary Johnson and Ron Paul don't stand a chance either. They're in the work for it, anti welfare group. That simply won't work in america until we're slapped with a rude awakening.

Those of you out there that are seeing this election for what it really is, im glad. Maybe someday we'll help each other rebuild.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

lol. Yes, everyone that voted for Obama is on welfare

And didn't you know, Obama invented welfare!! It's not like it hasn't been around for decades or anything!!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
While I don't support either candidate, I don't understand why they are calling Ohio and Iowa when there are only 12,000 votes and 60,000 votes separating them respectively, and only 80+/-% precincts reporting. And in Florida, it has been too close to call (almost ala 2000) all night. At one point I counted only 193 votes separating them, there. And with 91% reporting, only 48,000 votes or so separate them at the moment that I can see.

Are exit polls that accurate?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
They are calling Colorado for Obama. If true, it's a done deal. Ohio, Florida and Virginia no longer matter.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Obama has now pulled ahead in the popular vote.

Obama: 49,403,677 votes
Romney: 49,387,821 votes

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

I never said that everyone who voted for obama was on welfare. I am saying that the majority of the vote will go to the person who makes living easier. Think about it. If one candidate coddles and makes people feel comfortable with government, and another says you can choose to work hard and live off of the money you make, what do you think people are going to choose? Obama tells people that they need government, that they can't live without government if a natural disaster or other crisis hits. This goes way beyond welfare. It's about dependency on government to live and how spoiled we've become.

edit on 11/6/2012 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/6/2012 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Well, it's time for a Fat Lady

Stick a fork in her, she's done ya'll.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Welp. This sucks. I mean, I didn't cast my vote for Romney OR Obama... I think they're both scumbags.. but I'm a little unhappy Obama won.

He can't be elected again, even if he wanted to. He can be more reckless now as a result of having less to lose.
Romney at least would needed to have been a little more cautious in the decisions he made because he would have wanted as high of a chance as possible to be re-elected for a 2nd term.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Cheers.
edit on 6-11-2012 by Qemyst because: won, not "one".

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

I've never heard Obama encourage a welfare state, he's quite right wing.

Obama tells people that they need government, that they can't live without government if a natural disaster or other crisis hits.

What do you expect to help those people? Charity only goes so far. The private sector works on profits NOT good will.

There are some things the government is better at doing, regardless if you like it or not.

Are you angry the founding fathers mandated a state controlled post office too?

It's about dependency on government to live and how spoiled we've become.

The USA is spoiled? lol? How (first world standards)? You must be sheltered.

Corporations rape us daily and no one cares. Our pay is the lowest it has been in decades. Corporations making billions pay no taxes. Our infrastructure is falling apart. We have a large homeless population. A large un-insured buried in medical bills population. A huge population that cannot afford dental care. A large buried in student loan debt population.

I could go on and on.

edit on 6-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Update: Obama is now ALSO leading in the popular votes.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Two popular Tea Partiers may lose.

Bachman and Allen West are in very very tight races right now.

50/50 in both races right now.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Hooray its over finally...

On the bright side (depending i guess who you are) as someone covering it here on TV said, at least now the Democrates might be able to get some stuff done since the Reps cant afford to spend all their time road blocking everything just because they can like they have for the last 4 years. If they did, I think everyone would get REAL ticked off at em, and even as crayzie as alot of those GOP are I dont think their that suicidal as a party.

So maybe some of that change might actually happen this time.

Edit:- On an aside, anyone know what Gary Jhonson(?) is it, the libertarian(?), has in terms of votes did he make it to that 5%... sure hope so.
edit on 6-11-2012 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The margin is great enough now in all the states called for Obama with the exception of Ohio and Iowa now that even if Romney were to come from behind and take both them and Florida, it wouldn't change anything provided the numbers are accurate. Seems Obama is the victor.

Fascinating outcome.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
So....is this what happened all over the country?

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/06/have-to-vote-for-dems-nyc-poll-worker-tells-gop-senate-candidate/?test=latestnews]unbelievable......[/ url]

Some "win". Well, if this stands, I sincerely hope all of you enjoy your freedom while it lasts. it won't for long.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Face it, welfare is a payoff to the animals so they don't disrupt the normals' system and make life unpleasant for civilized people. Free stuff or we'll riot. Who do you think the FEMA prison camps are for? Not for political scientists, but for criminals who loot after they discover they have to "work" for a living.

Could the place be Bizzaro USA, where people are paid not to work? I guess upper classes don't really work either. oye.

My 2 cents is that the Federal Govt should make their OWN money from natural resources, not taxes. People who wist to contribute to whatever charity are free to do so, but noone should be compelled to pay for another's living expenses. What bothers me relevant to that, I notice how many robberbaron families got rich off of our nation's natural resources, in contrast to men who literally built something, like rail roads, bridges, buildings, infrastructure...

Just rambling.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Romney has called Obama.

It is officially (again) over.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join