learn more

Briton Killed in China Had Spy Links

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Briton Killed in China Had Spy Links

online.wsj.com

He had been knowingly providing information about the Bo family to Britain's Secret Intelligence Service, known as MI6, for more than a year when he was murdered in China last November, an investigation by The Wall Street Journal has found.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bbc.co.uk
www.telegraph.co.uk
www.guardian.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The Curious Tail of Neil Haywood, A British corporate spy Assassinated in China.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I have been following the story of Neil Haywood for months now, I find it shocking that ATS is not obsessed with this as well, we have a British spy who was assassinated in China by one of its highest ranking politicians wife’s.

I wrote a thread with loads of information about this guy a few months back, but the article from the wall street journal is a very good source for anyone wanting to find out more.

What I would say however is that if people check out my previous thread on this subject and the connection to “Hakluyt”, the mysterious corporate intelligence firm then this article takes on a very interesting light indeed.

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

British spy who was assassinated in China by one of its highest ranking politicians wife’s

That doesn’t bode well for the quality of training MI6 agents go through

Unless the wife doubled as a body guard?

Interesting none the less.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
I have been following the story of Neil Haywood for months now, I find it shocking that ATS is not obsessed with this as well, we have a British spy who was assassinated in China by one of its highest ranking politicians wife’s.

I can imagine a love triangle.
Spies, Chicks, Sex, Money etc etc etc.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Can't say anyone is surprised, although the timing of the article is interesting, just as China is electing a new leadership..

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Cyanide is a pretty bloody nasty chemical, but as a poison, it is perhaps not the most effective way of killing someone covertly. For a start, the physical traces left on a body are now well documented, and any comprehensive examination of the body, the blood, the organs, will show a sign of it. Particular amongst the simple tests, is a strong smell when the viscera is bisected at autopsy.

Of course there are more in depth methods of testing for the chemical. One of the things that prevents it being used as a murder weapon more often is that in most places, it is a pretty carefully restricted compound, so only those who work around such chemicals are able to aquire it with ease.

If this was a politically motivated killing, then it is very odd that the perpetrator was even named, let alone arrested. I cannot see how this could be a deeply routed assasination. The circumstances say to me, that if it were, it would have been a slicker job, would have involved a much better chemical, one that does not have any obvious pathological markers for the pathologists to find. Such things exist, and I have no doubt that the political establishment of China has access to these, not to mention to people who are expert in their use in sensitive situations.

I think this was a personal killing, though Christ alone knows why or what connection the murderer had to the deceased.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
hmmmm

I think the use of cyanide indicates this as being a personal killing for personal reasons. i dout the fact that he was an MI6 informer was very relevent firstly as some one said befor if it was the chinese government the poison would have been somthing a bit harder to trace plus i dout that Mrs Bo whould be any where near that hotel room if the govenment wanted him dead. they would just send a ninja (jks)

He balatently did somthing to dishoner the Bo family and pushed mrs Bo to the edge the fact he has MI6 connections is irrelevent in my opinion

Peace

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by incandecenttruth

I agree with you I think. The motivation must have been personal to some degree. However, my only remaining question, is where did the perpetrator get the cyanide from? It is not the sort of compound that one keeps around the house ordinarily, mind you, who knows, perhaps things are different in China.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Actually guys if you read my other thread on this same matter you are right, it was in a way about personal matters and as far as we know it had nothing to do with his status as a SIS asset.

So far it would appear that Mr Haywood was messing about with currency for Bo Xial’s wife and when he threated to expose her, something that would be politically very damaging for the family, she had him killed.

On the issue of the use of cyanide, what is most interesting is that the Chinese authorities tried to cover this up and had Mr Haywood cremated before any autopsy or toxicology was done, they claimed the cause of death was alcohol. Only thing is….. Mr Haywood was t-total.

Again like I say the other thread I have on this explains quite a lot.

Also we know that Mr Haywood worked for Hakluyt a corporate intelligence firm founded by and with links to SIS. It is possible that he was passing information to SIS through Hakluyt, which in its self is very interesting.

new topics

top topics

join