It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll Intimidation has BEGUN!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

I guess I don't understand how foxnews.com selected the image for you personally to attach to your post. I was operating under the assumption that you did your own research and navigated to foxnews.com in order to find relevant information. I also assume you could have gone to any number of other websites with a different story on the same subject as well as different pictures.

Furthermore I would also assume that what happened last election season at that specific polling place would influence the Black Panthers to NOT repeat the same actions that have previously brought criminal charges against them. I would assume that the Black Panthers would want to change the negative image their previous actions have earned them. Based on these assumptions it would be logical for one to assume that after the internet backlash and viral video from the previous incident would guarantee corporate media presence there this election season as well.

That's just a bunch of assumptions though I guess. At least I didn't purposefully ignore any of your statements in order to fulfill my own agenda, right?

edit on 6-11-2012 by anoobgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Wow,

I waited patiently for a link, photo, video, and I get to link to Fox News?

The world went to hell the moment the number of people who believe Fox News is a legitimate source of information reached critical mass.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by anoobgirl

I am from Racine too and voted this morning but did not see any form of intimidation. I was in and out within 5 mins.

What polling station did you go to? I will drive by after work to see if they are still there and snap a pic. What kind of matching attire did they have on?

edit on 6-11-2012 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

I drove by the community center by the National Guard base. They were all wearing black of some sort though I didn't stop long enough to determine if they were in fatigues like the Black Panther guys. They were however very large and of the same race. Had I intended on voting today I would have chosen a different polling location then try to push past them to the front door. That's just me though. Also it was earlier this morning.

Then again that's near the sort of neighborhood that you don't stop at stop signs late at night, if you know what I'm saying.
edit on 6-11-2012 by anoobgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Since we shouldn't be worried that the black panthers are there as "poll watchers" I can' t help but wonder if the
Aryan brotherhood, or skin heads would be of no concern as poll watchers? The mere fact that a know hate group is standing there would indeed cause concern...and if the black panthers were just there to watch polls...why the need for the uniform showing who they are?....why not wear normal street clothes?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by anoobgirl
While I did not plan on voting today I made a trip by my local polls just to check everything out.

What I discovered was appalling and shameful. There was a large group of what I would guess to be 20 or so people standing outside the entrance, complete with matching attire, confronting people that were approaching the polls. These polls are located in Racine, WI.

I would love it if the ATS community would chime in here if they witness any poll intimidation in their home towns and maybe give a generalized location?

I called my local corporate media outlet to report the issue and according to them it is not on the agenda today. So I wont be able to use them to find out if this is an isolated incident, or if there is more going on here.

Right, so you were intimidated, and you decided NOT to gather any photographic evidence of it? Good call

Sorry, but I'm calling partisan BS.

I don't care which side someone is claiming is intimidating others, if there is no actual proof of it, it's BS.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

This is intimidating?

Unlike in the 2008 election, members of the organization labeled as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center were not wielding billy clubs or forming clusters.

www.foxnews.com...#

If that's intimidating, then grow thicker skin.

Also:

Zack Stalberg, president and CEO of the Committee of Seventy, a Philadelphia government watchdog group, said his group had received no complaints as of midday Tuesday regarding the presence of New Black Panther Party officials at polling stations.

Much ado about nothing IMO.

Would it be helpful if a blue helmet person from the UN Peacekeepers be stationed where a Black Panther or other radically inclined group member is conspiciously present at a polling station...

If either dressed up person was stationed there (Panther or Peacekeeper)---
that in itself would be unsettling to me.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I explained earlier that I had my children with me. I'm not about to enter a confrontation where I feel threatened, with possible risk to myself of my family, to gather photographic evidence to back up an experience I wanted to share with people here. That's the job of a journalist or reporter, hence why I called the proper people.

I have also purposefully left out details of which political party one would assume these people represented. I don't support either party, nor do I support either candidate. I just happened to be curious and drove a couple blocks out of my way to investigate and upon observing what I saw, was curious if it was an isolated incident based on the experiences of fellow ATS members.

Thanks for taking the time to read the thread before posting tho.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

reply to post by detachedindividual

I explained earlier that I had my children with me. I'm not about to enter a confrontation where I feel threatened, with possible risk to myself of my family, to gather photographic evidence to back up an experience I wanted to share with people here. That's the job of a journalist or reporter, hence why I called the proper people.

You're on ATS, and you trust the media to do the job for you? You really felt intimidated enough not to take a photo, with all those people around?

Sorry, but you're not making yourself sound any more credible.

It's not Zimbabwe, I do not believe for one moment you were "scared" for your kids at a polling station. Sorry, I'm just not buying it.
edit on 6-11-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Feltrick

I'm sure then..anything you post and anything any other person posts today will have 100% proof and ABSOLUTE evidence to back every single thing said. (makes a note) Indeed...... Those calling for proof fit for a court of law will absolutely have that demanded OF them on ANYTHING reported.

Putting people down because the "proof" isn't to your personal standards is cheesy and cheap. Period.

First, how did I "put you down?"

Second, if there is voter intimidation then there must be proof of it other than ONE eye witness. Four years ago Fox News was screaming about how the Black Panthers were intimidating voters in Philly. This was actually investigated and no proof was ever found:

www.philly.com...

www.politifact.com...

Of course this can only mean that the Obama administration, Democratic Party and the entire MSM (except for our saviors at FOX) were co-conspirators to keep whitey down.

If you or anyone is going to accuse another of a crime, then you should have proof. I'm not even asking for "proof fit for a court of law", any proof will do. There is more proof of UFOs and Bigfoot than proof of widespread voter initimidation.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
I saw on Fox News this morning that there are Black Panthers at a Pennsylvania polling site. Good grief!

You watch Fox for news?

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

Sorry for laughing at you, but that is the only way for people to get the message that a "Entertainment News Network" will always lie. They will focus on their agenda period. If you want biased coverage then you watch Fox.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

While I did not plan on voting today I made a trip by my local polls just to check everything out.

What I discovered was appalling and shameful. There was a large group of what I would guess to be 20 or so people standing outside the entrance, complete with matching attire, confronting people that were approaching the polls. These polls are located in Racine, WI.

I would love it if the ATS community would chime in here if they witness any poll intimidation in their home towns and maybe give a generalized location?

I called my local corporate media outlet to report the issue and according to them it is not on the agenda today. So I wont be able to use them to find out if this is an isolated incident, or if there is more going on here.

Right, so you were intimidated, and you decided NOT to gather any photographic evidence of it? Good call

Sorry, but I'm calling partisan BS.

I don't care which side someone is claiming is intimidating others, if there is no actual proof of it, it's BS.

More like scared white girl sees 20 black men... whatevers... black people vote.. gasp... black people volunteer to help run the polling places.. gasp... honestly... there is a number to call if you were actually CONFRONTED otherwise.. its a public placd and people have the right to be there.. in line .. in matching t shirts.. go to any sporting event... men are crazy like that! lol

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
I've heard the reports and have to laugh. Why voter intimidation is moot:

example:

1. Go to my voting place, see black panthers outside.

2. Shout "Yea go Obama!".

3. Get treated like royalty.

4. Go inside and actually vote for Gary Johnson.

5. Leave while shaking hands, smiling, getting pats on the back, and spouting pro Obama rhetoric.

6. Profit????

Ahhh hahahhaa!! What a d!ck move. Good job.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by anoobgirl

Nothing in springfield Illinois. Although i heard the machine at the site near me had extra votes compared to signatures. A few judges had to take it down to the courthouse well after they were supposed to be done. Also heard couple elections judges were busted somewhere. We were scammed. No way Barry got 40+ % of Montana's and Arizona's voters. Everyone owns guns there. This is a steaming pile. Romney was the only candidate for TPTB that would allow such a lie of an election to be swept under the rug.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I guess their intimidation must have worked.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join