Hundreds of Florida voters told election is Wednesday

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com... olitics-rss&Post+generic=%3Ftid%3Dsm_twitter_washingtonpost

Hundreds and potentially thousand of voters in Florida’s Pinellas County received automatic calls from the local supervisor of elections mistakenly informing them that they had until 7 p.m. tomorrow to cast their votes. Of course, they actually have until 7 p.m. this evening.
According to the Tampa Bay Times, the calls went out between 8 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday because of a phone system glitch. The calls had been intended for Monday to alert voters who hadn’t returned mail ballots that they still had time to vote. About 12,000 of those calls didn’t get through, but at least some of them accidentally went out again on Tuesday morning, Nancy Whitlock, a spokeswoman for the Pinellas supervisor of elections, told the paper.
“We stopped it immediately when we found out about it,” she said.
The office sent out a second message asking residents to disregard the earlier call and reminding them that today is, in fact, Election Day.

See?!! It's starting already. Florida will once again be the problem vote state that will tip the election.
GHA!!

I so wish we would know by midnight who won. But, we won't.

I also kind of wish I didn't care, and that I believed it doesn't matter. But, I do.

Thanks to Heff for the bing election site.

Anyone else finding early "glitch" problems? Anyone in Florida have some feedback here?

I keep seeing the MadTV scene in my head where the old lady stumbles into W's office and has to explain to him that he didn't really win.
Bittersweet comedy.

edit on 6-11-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Something similar happened in Arizona

Arizona’s Maricopa County tells Spanish-speaking voters to vote two days late

At least two official documents created by the Maricopa County Recorder’s Office misinformed Spanish-speaking voters in Arizona of the wrong election day and activists worry that the error could suppress Latino voter turnout on Nov. 6.

www.rawstory.com...

Of course, people that speak Spanish are predominately democrats, so it is no surprise.

edit on 6-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Sure ! Those pesky glitches are everywhere.
Well everywhere minorities or students can be found.
This one is from Joe Arpaio's famous Maricopa County.
Telling Spanish speaking residents to vote on the 9th.
Nice huh? They had the same "Typo" last time.
www.publici.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Even I know today,the 6th is your polling day.If they are that stupid that they haven't discovered this by now maybe they don't deserve a vote.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
Even I know today,the 6th is your polling day.If they are that stupid that they haven't discovered this by now maybe they don't deserve a vote.

Tuesday after the first Monday in November. Doesnt seem to hard, does it?

Maybe those who cant figure that out are better served doing something other than voting.

Reminds me of when I was in college. About this time of year.

A classmate asked "when is Thanksgiving this year?" To which another classmate responded "I think it's on a Thursday this year."

I laughed and laughed at the joke.

The dirty looks I got were a sign that it was no joke and I was quite possibly the only person in the room who knew that Thanksgiving is always on Thursday.

Made me question my choice in university.

join