Sandy Gas Woes Continue: People Trading Gas For Sex On Craigslist

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I guess sex can be used as a trading tool during survival mode?
It is truely sad what many people retort to during natural calamities and crisis. I would assume this would work for all genders these days?

Long gas stationlines and empty gas pumps have plagued drivers across New York and New Jersey since Superstorm Sandy slammed into the East Coast last Monday, leaving a gas shortage across the region.

Stories of price gouging and fights at gas stations have also been commonplace. But now it seems people — men in particular — are finding new ways to take advantage of gas-seeking Tri-State residents: Sex.

Men have been taking to the personals on Craigslist, trading gasoline for sex.

LINK

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
I guess sex can be used as a trading tool during survival mode?
It is truely sad what many people retort to during natural calamities and crisis. I would assume this would work for all genders these days?

Long gas stationlines and empty gas pumps have plagued drivers across New York and New Jersey since Superstorm Sandy slammed into the East Coast last Monday, leaving a gas shortage across the region.

Stories of price gouging and fights at gas stations have also been commonplace. But now it seems people — men in particular — are finding new ways to take advantage of gas-seeking Tri-State residents: Sex.

Men have been taking to the personals on Craigslist, trading gasoline for sex.

LINK

Oldest trade in the world. Now, imagine if it was a food shortage verses a gas shortage...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Well now, there we go.

Just fill up a five gallon federally approved container and head to New York for fun!
edit on 6-11-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
hey now..... I said a couple days ago I couldn't live with myself heading up there with the 100 or so gallons my pickup can carry to gouge people on prices for profit. However... now... this isn't money... and.. well... (wide grin) It IS only a 13 hour drive and I'm sure sexy ladies need gas too!

....Okay, I couldn't resist. Aside from a monk or a priest, show me a male who HONESTLY didn't think that at least once as a passing though.

In the true sense though? Damn... This speaks louder than any media report for how desperate things truly are. I think giving one's body for a commodity is about the last line of outright desperation most normal people can imagine to cross and give of themselves. I can think of additional lines...but also hope it never gets far enough to be the topic of a thread, too.
I really fear for the folks up there. This keeps getting worse...and that damn storm isn't paying much attention to how badly people need it to be elsewhere.
edit on 6-11-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

The article makes a faulty implication that the pumps are 'empty' or that gas itself is in short supply. It's being reported there is plenty of gas available but there is no electricity to operate the gas stations. National Guard units have actually been giving away gas to help out. Chalk it up to a side effect of our interdependent infrastructure - no electricity = no gas. Maybe one day we'll have a smart grid using multiple sources for power - wind, solar, geothermal, hydro, etc., especially at the neighborhood level, instead of an antique grid based on remote (sometimes out of state) power stations. Solar-rechargeable electric cars would make this type of story a thing of the past.

BTW, sex was the first type of currency ever 'invented'.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think the real question is, has anyone actually 'payed up' for this gas? I see lots of adverts but no bids...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
In 2012, women will give it up for a shot of Patron and a slow ride past their house.

Gasoline is one of the better reasons I've heard about.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I am sure the idea of trading gas for sex is ok right up until some fat greasy dribbling 300 pound oil smeared trucker stands waving a 5 gallon can of juice at you.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
"In related news, former president Bill Clinton is on his way to assist tri-state residents with fuel relief"

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hey, how come Canada never gets any natural disasters??

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
after reading this thread, I feel like my a$$ gas or gra$$" bumper sticker is a little out dated. does any one know where i can find a "gas for a$$" bumper sticker?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This is funny, but not funny.

I wonder what happened to the " Oh it was just a cat 1.. it was soooooo overhyped.. dunno what youre whining about ": folks went..

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
I think the real question is, has anyone actually 'payed up' for this gas? I see lots of adverts but no bids...

You dont "bid" on craigslist. Its not Ebay. You call or email and arrange a trade or sale. You dont see whats being done or not done by just looking at the ads....

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Cause we had to suffer snow 4-5 months and that's If you are in the furthest south of the country. Probably year around snow for North.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Oh, my mistake. I've never used it, sorry.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsawWHATtheyDID
after reading this thread, I feel like my a$$ gas or gra$$" bumper sticker is a little out dated. does any one know where i can find a "gas for a$$" bumper sticker?
go for it...sell it...you'll become rich
At the same time, ever wondered if someone just cuts one after sex...and scams the service provider about 'free gas' in exchange for sex?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
"Fill er up!"

new topics
top topics

join