Heffs ATS Barack Obama Victory Tracking and Celebration Thread!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon
reply to post by SaturnFX

Our forefathers laid a great foundation for the country.

Correction.

our forefathers laid a great foundation for multiple countries.

No they didn't, the Constitution is heavily based on Magna Carta... Which indeed laid down a great foundation for many countries.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

A second term, I think, will see a much more assertive POTUS... as those initial worries become secondary to the need to truly cement a personal legacy in history.

~Heff

This is EXACTLY what I'm hoping for. Instead of "reaching across the aisle", like he did too many times in the last 4 years -- he needs to kick some GOP butt!!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

A second term, I think, will see a much more assertive POTUS... as those initial worries become secondary to the need to truly cement a personal legacy in history.

~Heff

This is EXACTLY what I'm hoping for. Instead of "reaching across the aisle", like he did too many times in the last 4 years -- he needs to kick some GOP butt!!

Can't wait to see that... Pass the popcorn!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund
reply to post by LewsTherinThelamon

You are not electing a new President of the United States that our forefathers founded.

Most of the founding fathers would have tried to enslave Obama so.......

Anyway, from your statement alone I can tell you've never read any tangible amount of literature written by them.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

What does enslaving Obama have to do with what I said? Nothing? Basically.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny
Of course the group that hands out free money is going to get the majority vote.

IF your on the DOLE and have not worked.... EVER

You should loose the right to vote.

Its no different than buying votes.
somebody call the wAMMBUlance

link   
I haven't posted very much in the last month or two because ATS has become a partisan bickering contest for trolls.

I'm totally surprised that Skeptic Overlord has allowed MODS to champion and encourage such behavior. This is unprecedented here at ATS.

Heff, you are entitled to your opinion, which you give about 20 times a day, but you should seriously be ashamed of yourself. This thread is garbage.

link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Correction.

No they didn't, the Constitution is heavily based on Magna Carta... Which indeed laid down a great foundation for many countries.

I was about to say this, but then realized he wasn't going on about multiple nations, but rather wanted to simply be pedantic about the term country.

So..decided to simply ignore it...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund

You are not electing a new President of the United States that our forefathers founded.

Most of the founding fathers would have tried to enslave Obama so.......

Anyway, from your statement alone I can tell you've never read any tangible amount of literature written by them.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

What does enslaving Obama have to do with what I said? Nothing? Basically.

Let me try to explain. Enslaving Obama is an example why people need to stop worshiping the "Forefathers" like there is no tomorrow. It's plain stupid. Credit need to go where credit is due, but same goes for debt.

link   

Correction.

Yes they did, and nice job avoiding the definitions from a Law dictionary which proved my claim.

The United States was a Union of countries/states. The Federal Constitution was an international treatise.

link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Mods have opinions as well...so what?

Butt hurt or something?

I don't have to agree with someone's opinion but they are entitled to have it.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

[SNIPPED]
Let me try to explain. Enslaving Obama is an example why people need to stop worshiping the "Forefathers" like there is no tomorrow. It's plain stupid. Credit need to go where credit is due, but same goes for debt.

This is a red herring argument. No one is worshiping the founding fathers. I merely pointed out that the current government that you participate in, is not the lawful government of the Union.

[Mod note: Once we get to around four levels of "quote within quote" it begins to look a bit much. It's also unnecessary when you are basically replying to the last quoted statement. Please either edit the quote down to that one (as I have done), or simply use the "reply to" tag and write your reply. Many thanks. ~Mike]
edit on 6/11/12 by JustMike because: Snipped multiple layers of quotes within quotes. The statement being replied to has NOT been edited at all. ~Mike

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q33323
reply to post by Hefficide

You should lay off the "kool aid" until later in the day.

Are you talking about Reaganomics?

According to scholar Rebecca Moore, early analogies to Jonestown and Kool-Aid were based around death and suicide, not blind obedience.[6] The earliest such example she found, via a Lexis-Nexis search, was a 1982 statement from Lane Kirkland, then head of the AFL-CIO, which described Ronald Reagan's policies as "Jonestown economics," which "administers Kool-Aid to the poor, the deprived and the unemployed."

Drinking the Kool-Aid

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The current Government is the lawful government of the United States. The Constitution is a living document - that is to say that it changes over time and adapts to modernization - just as the Framers intended.

The system needs major reform and is corrupt as Hell. But it is legitimate and legal.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
I haven't posted very much in the last month or two because ATS has become a partisan bickering contest for trolls.

I'm totally surprised that Skeptic Overlord has allowed MODS to champion and encourage such behavior. This is unprecedented here at ATS.

Heff, you are entitled to your opinion, which you give about 20 times a day, but you should seriously be ashamed of yourself. This thread is garbage.

Please use the proper form for posting this

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
[Mod note: Multiple quotes within quotes snipped. They may be found in this post by SaturnFX ]

I was about to say this, but then realized he wasn't going on about multiple nations, but rather wanted to simply be pedantic about the term country.

So..decided to simply ignore it...

I was not being pedantic about the term country.

People falsely believe that the collective of the states form the country of the United States.

This is false.

The United States is a union of countries. The states are the rightful countries of this Union.

That is the point, because it is the basis for nationality.

Washington D.C. is defined as a state in the Union according to the United States Code.

The name of "United States" is applied to Washington D.C. in the United States Code.

In that sense, just using the most fundamental law of logic, the law of identity then:

If the states are the rightful countries of the Union, and if Washington D.C. is defined as a state in the Union, and the term "United States" is applied to Washington D.C.

Then it is logically appropriate to claim that the "United States" is your country, although it may be misleading.

Do you know what it means to be a RESIDENT?

RESIDENT, persons. A person coming into a place with intention to establish his domicil (implying that his/her domicil is established elsewhere) or permanent residence, and who in consequence actually remains there. Time is not so essential as the intent, executed by making or beginning an actual establishment, though it be abandoned in a longer, or shorter period. See 6 Hall's Law Journ. 68; 3 Hagg. Eccl. R. 373; 20 John. 211 2 Pet. Ad. R. 450; 2 Scamm. R.

[Mod edit: when the layers of quotes within quotes are getting a tad too much, either edit them down (as I have done) or use the "reply to" tag. I have left the most recent quote untouched, and for reference given a link back to the post being replied to. But the "reply to" method is generally the most efficient for ongoing exchanges like this. Many thanks. ~Mike]
edit on 6/11/12 by JustMike because: Refer to mod notes above.

link   

The current Government is the lawful government of the United States. The Constitution is a living document - that is to say that it changes over time and adapts to modernization - just as the Framers intended.

The system needs major reform and is corrupt as Hell. But it is legitimate and legal.

~Heff

When ever I hear that the Constitution is a "living document" I pause and wait to hear what that person wants to change.

link   
Mod note: very large quote removed by staff and replaced with: reply to post by SaturnFX

Priceless!

[Mod note: there is no need to quote a large post in its entirety just to make a minimal reply. Please just use the "reply to" tag. Thanks. ~Mike]

edit on 6/11/12 by JustMike because: See mod notes above.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Heff !!
if Obama wins lets go drink a beer and celebrate

im paying

If Romney wins .. you pay the beer to all ATS Romney supporters lol

i guess i will have to pay you beers tonight

would be my pleasure !!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

~Heff

Correction.

The current government works outside of the "living" constitution.

www.pacalliance.us...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

[Snipped]
I was not being pedantic about the term country.

People falsely believe that the collective of the states form the country of the United States.

This is false.

The United States is a union of countries. The states are the rightful countries of blah blah blah more nerd stuff that is inconsequencial

Sorry if you didn't understand when I used the phrase country when discussing the constitution.
So..
Now that your aware I am talking about the united states, what is your thoughts on the content of my statement about foundation and whatnot...

or did you want to start breaking apart the term foundation instead of commenting?

[Mod note: excessive quote within quote (etc etc) material removed. Please just edit the quote down to the minimum required or use the "reply to" tag! Thank you. ~Mike]
edit on 6/11/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join