Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Heffs ATS Barack Obama Victory Tracking and Celebration Thread!

page: 55
<< 52  53  54   >>

join

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Apologies for bowing out early last night ... work and all, but I have a few lumps to take here. I'm a true believer in the left/right paradigm, but believe the guy who says he's going to leave me alone is the right choice in any election.

With that, my guy got beat ... soundly. I was wrong.

Heff, thanks for letting us right of center folks play here last night. Although we disagree on some very core issues, the interaction was fun.

On a brighter note, election day wasn't a complete loss ... my divorce judge got retained ... no sense changing that horse mid-stream

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by usmconslaught

In all honestly - I greatly appreciate that people from right of my position did participate! It's no secret that I am a former Republican - sharing in many of the economic conservative values. Where the party lost me was in social conservatism.

I do not think that these differences are so vast as to be insurmountable. Many do, but not me. I earnestly believe that if some measures were taken to resolve corruption in government and in business that we could all win - lower taxes AND better social services!

If we get the dirty hands out of our cookie jar? There will be a lot more cookies left for us to work with!

So, thank you for your participation! It's always welcome!

~Heff

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by usmconslaught

In all honestly - I greatly appreciate that people from right of my position did participate! It's no secret that I am a former Republican - sharing in many of the economic conservative values. Where the party lost me was in social conservatism.

I was never a republican but have fairly unconventional views, which is that the entitlements in the way they exist now need to be curbed significantly, while the healthcare needs to be made public (and those who can afford it can always go private just like everywhere else in the world), and in addition college level education be made more affordable. In my opinion, this would allow more people to become productive members of the society and reduce the entitlements burden.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Is Ted Nugent dead yet?
Jail?

Gone?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

I actually got updated on Ted this morning....He tweeted the following after the election:

“Goodluk (sic) America u just voted for economic & spiritual suicide. Soulless fools.”

Source

Yeah... Uncle Ted is a bit off.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Reply to post by beezzer

Don't worry, Beezer.

Mr. Romney would never have repealed Obamacare. There is no way that he would have taken away all those revenues to his insurance buddies.
The man basically lied every single time he was speaking. Not only did he flip flop years or months later, he actually did it on a daily basis! He tried to win a national election based on lies and fear. He wanted Americans to believe that anyone who votes for Obama wants free things? Is he kidding? Most of Obama's electorate is made up of laborers and blue collar union members who do more in one day than Romney has done in his whole life. The man is an absolute joke of a vulture and I for one think you should be extremely happy that he is nowhere near the White House.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Most of Obama's electorate is made up of laborers and blue collar union members who do more in one day than Romney has done in his whole life.

Verily, verily thou hast spoken. Romney has spent his entire life gaming the system without having created jack. Oh yeah, wait, he spent a year or two proselytizing. According to him, Israelites used submarines to reach the shores of North America. That's the sum of his life's work.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Romney's main game plan was to play this country like a game of Monopoly. Considering the current condition of the economy, chances were he was going to screw up. And there are certain things no amount of money can fix.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

That is because he had no real game plan. There was no way in hell he could get up in front of this country and tell the American people the George W. Bush plan would be full of win. So he danced around the policy, told lies and hoped for an economic downturn. I had this called back in the primaries really, as long as Obama did not have a major economic downturn and the economic news showed improvement he would win.

Americans have become spoiled children and expect instantaneous results, this was the driving factor in the midterms. Things didn't improve fast enough. The Republicans got up and told the people they could get it done faster and then started legislating social issues. When the disaster of the midterms became clear and our credit was downgraded Romney and the Republican party lost and lost big. The only reason they have the majority in the House that they do now is because of the Census and the following redrawn district maps, that is it. A gerrymandered position of strength. And they still lost seats, not many but they lost them.

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54   >>

join