Heffs ATS Barack Obama Victory Tracking and Celebration Thread!

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55 >>

join

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
(kicks at the floor)

Stupid elections!

Congrats to all that wanted Obama. *clap*

(sucking thumb and pouting)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well played sir!

Thank you for keeping your sense of humour throughout all this madness.

I wish there were more like you.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas
reply to post by beezzer

Well played sir!

Thank you for keeping your sense of humour throughout all this madness.

I wish there were more like you.

I think it was Othello who said, "I laugh, so that I may not cry."

It's not the losses that define people. It's what they do afterwards.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
If you're having world problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but MITT ain't one

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Dear Fellow ATSers:

I have many people in my family who are Republican, many who are unaffiliated like me, or Democrat.
I love all of them.

What I want most of all now, is to take this deep breath, take a moment to be grateful for the improvement in my little boy's futures (Obamacare has a direct, immediate and positive impact on my special-needs / medically fragile family), and roll up my sleeves to do the hard work of getting out of the rest of this mess our country finds itself in after the Economic Hurricane of 2008 left so many without homes, without jobs, with broken lives.

I want to take the hands of my fellow good-hearted Americans, whatever they believe in, whatever political point of view they have, whatever passionate opposites they embody (from beezer to Heff to SO to ?), and just start cleaning it all up. I know some think it is impossible to do this with Mr. Obama as our President - I say that we ALL have a stake in this country, we ALL need to shrug off the fog of partisanship and look at our kids, look to their futures, and by-God (or whatever you believe in), leave them a better world than we have now. It is in OUR hands. Who is stoping us from doing good in the world? What are we waiting for? We have met the enemy, and He/She is us. We have met the Neighbor, the Friend, The Solution - and that is us, too.

peace,
AB

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

(But you look so cute in your temporary Avatar!)

Seriously beezzer - while I'm sure we disagree on a whole slew of things - I like you. (I don't expect that to matter, but I might as well say it.) You are a good sport.

peace to you,
AB

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

If your theory were valid the republicans would never win and we know thats not the reality we live in.
I am not on the dole and I am a Dem. I dont look for or ask for any handouts. If you think thats all the dems are you need to get out and meet your neighbors and talk to people and find out the truth. The democrats are not all on welfare but you know what, many republicans are. Especially in the south were the poor are also super conservative. They voted for Romney because he will stop the baby killers. A much more important issue to them than jobs for instance. Keeping god happy is more important to them.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

Please try to remember that he won because he got more votes. That means the majority of the american people wanted him to be president again. You wont get away with calling the majority of american citizens stupid. We are not.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

No Saturn and I expected better from you. What I did was go in and not talk about the election at all. They didnt bring it up and neither did I.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

The little fella gets the respect he deserves thats for sure. We love the beezer even if he wanted Romney. ( he cannot be considered a republican if he lives in England can he? )

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

I didn't vote for either of 'em. But I'm not calling people who did stupid. That's not hardly the case. Hopefully, they voted their conscience.

President Obama won. Fair and square. Don't like it... No, I most assuredly do not. But you know what? I wish him well, and I hope that everything he does works out for the best.

I guess time will tell what it'll tell...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveBoard
Dear Fellow ATSers:

I have many people in my family who are Republican, many who are unaffiliated like me, or Democrat.
I love all of them.

What I want most of all now, is to take this deep breath, take a moment to be grateful for the improvement in my little boy's futures (Obamacare has a direct, immediate and positive impact on my special-needs / medically fragile family)

Obamacare will have a direct, immediate and negative effect on my family. I still voted for Obama. I'm covering your @rse and I'm proud of it. Be well, my friend.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by SaturnFX

No Saturn and I expected better from you. What I did was go in and not talk about the election at all. They didnt bring it up and neither did I.

Worked from my side. Seen my dad/mom/brother today..you would have thought the dog died 2 minutes earlier. the gloom was thick.

And nobody spoke a word (they knew I was not on the Romney bandwagon.)

Eventually it came up, and after me giving a very minor ribbing to them, I simply said that it doesn't matter much considering it is ultimately checked anyhow and nothing the reps don't want won't happen due to congress...this actually did brighten them up overall. sad, but whatever...I felt a bit better in 2006 when the Dems took over congress and stopped any crazyness that Bush had planned for the last 2 years...so, figured they felt the same now.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Oh Bunny...

What did they do to you?

I am so depressed. My kids, there kids, there future income all spent years in advance. And my fellow citizens, what were they thinking? Are we all alone out here?

No opportunity, no hope...

SERENITY NOW!!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by beezzer

Oh Bunny...

What did they do to you?

I am so depressed. My kids, there kids, there future income all spent years in advance. And my fellow citizens, what were they thinking? Are we all alone out here?

No opportunity, no hope...

SERENITY NOW!!

....yeah, bush did work a number on us

Maybe with four more years Obama can finish cleaning up his mess and get us back on track where we're supposed to be.... took 8 years to make the mess, it'll take 8 to clean it up.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Heavy sigh...

Rick, is that you?
edit on 7-11-2012 by kawika because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

What you talking about four years? He needs to get it finished in two so that we can have an awesome midterm election and get the house back. Then we get his bad boy gassed up and waxed the last two so Hillary can get behind the wheel.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by AboveBoard
Dear Fellow ATSers:

I love all of them.

What I want most of all now, is to take this deep breath, take a moment to be grateful for the improvement in my little boy's futures (Obamacare has a direct, immediate and positive impact on my special-needs / medically fragile family)

Obamacare will have a direct, immediate and negative effect on my family. I still voted for Obama. I'm covering your @rse and I'm proud of it. Be well, my friend.

My family thanks you deeply. And we do have private insurance, but it doesn't pay for anything regarding developmental disability, with the grateful exception of a portion of my son's medications. That's something most people don't know until they have to deal with the insurance issues directly. The medically fragile son is 100% on private insurance. We pay more for health care than for our mortgage, hands down. (And I'm grateful we can do both, even though it is a very humble home!) We pay taxes, too. Federal and State and self-employment, etc. We are ALL in this together, and I think the majority of Americans are doing the best they can with everything. Blessings to you. You bring hope and real help with your willingness to participate for the good of all, and not just your own.

peace,
AB

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
What does it say about us, as a society that we've had our voices heard and our will represented... and now so many feel a need to lash out and be obstructionist and negative about it???

This whole "If I can't have the America I WANT - then I'll make sure nobody can have the America THEY WANT either!!!' mindset is so sad. It makes me feel pity for those who think in these terms. I expect this behavior out of a toddler - not from adults.

At any rate...

Now that we've got the election behind us - I plan to make a point of continuing to make my voice heard beyond the simple act of voting. Email gives us all a chance to let our representatives know how we feel about current issues and how we'll feel about those yet to come.

This site is one I strongly suggest bookmarking - it will allow you to contact your representation easily.

~Heff

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55 >>

join