Heffs ATS Barack Obama Victory Tracking and Celebration Thread!

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55 >>

join

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

OK... now that ATS is mostly quiet... my one moment of gloating....

I CALLED IT!!! I CALLED IT!!! I called my shot and came out without being utterly humiliated and forever marked!!!

YAY ME!!!

(insert rhythmically challenged happy dance ~here~)

Now pretend this never happened.

Not to rain on your parade Heff but it was a 50/50 choice (before you get too carried away with your prophetic powers). All i am saying is don't go believing your hype and flogging your house to buy thousands of lottery tickets based on your predictive powers!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Originally posted by Hefficide

OK... now that ATS is mostly quiet... my one moment of gloating....

I CALLED IT!!! I CALLED IT!!! I called my shot and came out without being utterly humiliated and forever marked!!!

YAY ME!!!

(insert rhythmically challenged happy dance ~here~)

Now pretend this never happened.

Not to rain on your parade Heff but it was a 50/50 choice (before you get too carried away with your prophetic powers). All i am saying is don't go believing your hype and flogging your house to buy thousands of lottery tickets based on your predictive powers!

Umm, in terms of the electoral college votes it was a pretty convincing victory, better than most expected. The popular vote advantage is in the ballpark of 2.5 million, which is not that small a number when just 50+ million voted on each side.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I just wonder who Mickey mouse and friends voted for this time around. Lmao..... Well good thread Heff, was nice to see people having a good time. Slither's back into the shadows.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

No but it was still only 2 candidates to choose from (unless you think one of the Independents actually stood a chance?) - that makes it a 50/50 choice. Aside from which it was light hearted response to Heff's predictive powers.

Anyhoo, congratulations to Obama.......not that i think he will be able to achieve anything this time round either. When the system is broken, it doesn't really make much difference who gets the keys to the office.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

No but it was still only 2 candidates to choose from (unless you think one of the Independents actually stood a chance?) - that makes it a 50/50 choice. Aside from which it was light hearted response to Heff's predictive powers.

Agreed

Anyhoo, congratulations to Obama.......not that i think he will be able to achieve anything this time round either. When the system is broken, it doesn't really make much difference who gets the keys to the office.

Sometimes little difference can make a lot of difference. I don't doubt that Romney would slash funding for science and research. Obama still may do it, but on a different scale. For me, that matters.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I just think it is a shame. Obama offered such hope when he first won - unfortunately he then discovered what all new political leaders find out these days..........the system is pretty much tied up.

"You want to change this law? Sorry, such and such depends on that so there will have to be wholesale reform in that sector first."

"Oh, you want to start that reform too? Well sorry, but that would mean we need to reform this entire area too. Oh, and such and such will remove all their funding for that other project you wanted to start"

And so on............

ETA:

Sorry for being so cynical. Usually like to see the bright side but must have woken up on the wrong side of bed this morning!
edit on 7-11-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Hmmmnnnn...

It seems my psychic powers are on the Fritz lately...

Anyone know where I can go for a tune-up?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I hope he changes, for the better, of course.

My head hurts. Stupid alcohol.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Third and Fourth parties could have and should do better. Unfortunately The religious nuts have the Republican Party by the short and curlies and can not be allowed to win under any circumstances.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I honestly believe the Republican party has seen its last days.

The USOA has spoken again. We do not support big oil and privatizing SS and Medicare. We do not want that. We embrace scientific discovery and critical thinking. We embrace new ideas and we scrtutinize the old ideas that do not work (cough trickle trickle)

Forward

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

We will know at the midterms. If the Tea Party starts purging the Party again I have a feeling we will see the rise of a third party. The common sense reasonable Republicans will have no choice, but then that opens a whole can of worms because they were dying off when Regan pulled the religious right into the party to address those issues.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by spinalremain

We will know at the midterms. If the Tea Party starts purging the Party again I have a feeling we will see the rise of a third party. The common sense reasonable Republicans will have no choice, but then that opens a whole can of worms because they were dying off when Regan pulled the religious right into the party to address those issues.

The problem with the midterms is that Democrats have a crappy record of getting out to vote during the midterms.

Until Democrats understand that Congress is more important (or just as important) as the President and get out to vote during the midterms, the Republicans will stay relevant in Congress.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Come August 2014 I see the midterms changing. The President has learned to use the bully pulpit. He found out that when he speaks people are listening. And he learned Americans want to hear about policy. If the House is still obstructing the sitting Republicans are gonna be toast.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This thread has inspired me to write a poem.

Enjoy.

Ode to the 2012 Election

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Ooh hark at you Slayer!

Never had you down as a poet (what doesn't even know it). I like it a lot, particularly the air of cynicism.........

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

Originally posted by Polymath
reply to post by westcoast

Agreed X2. Did you, like me, exercise your rights as an American and not vote?

On a side note, my posts keep getting burried.

Off-Topic: Coast, I recognize your name when I was a long time lurker so maybe you can answer my question. I'll send you a U2U (I think that's what it's called on here) that way I don't go more off-topic.

LOL...pretty much. I exercised my right to write in a name: Ron Paul. I could not, no matter how hard I thought and tried, vote for anyone else. I just had to do it. Seeing as how it was all decided LONG before my vote is even counted.....I will sleep better tonight knowing I was not influenced or bullied into voting for the 'lesser of the two evils'.

I was thinking about doing that myself.

I get WHY they didn't count all the states but then does that mean that all of that "Your vote matters!" doesn't really...matter?

I'm going to have to look up this point system because I think everyone's vote should count. I don't think Florida was even counted until after they announced the winner so I'm even more glad that I didn't vote.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by xedocodex

Come August 2014 I see the midterms changing. The President has learned to use the bully pulpit. He found out that when he speaks people are listening. And he learned Americans want to hear about policy. If the House is still obstructing the sitting Republicans are gonna be toast.

That is true.

Obama was very absent from the 2010 midterms. I think he will be out in force in 2014, or at least he should.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Friends and warriors of the public political front, our valiant efforts to secure the future by election of a courageous and noble leader have been rewarded! This battle has finished, and victory is ours.

May President Obama show what he is truly made of in these coming years...for the blue team!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
You called it Heff

Well done!
Willing to admit i called it all wrong.
Not that we would have "won" either way)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Friends and warriors of the public political front, our valiant efforts to secure the future by election of a courageous and noble leader have been rewarded! This battle has finished, and victory is ours.

May President Obama show what he is truly made of in these coming years...for the blue team!

YAY!

And ya know what? Even though I could not even imagine the horror of Romney as president.

I voted for Obama for Obama. And I think many people voted for Obama - - for Obama.

new topics
top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55 >>

join