Heffs ATS Barack Obama Victory Tracking and Celebration Thread!

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Im in europe and people are really happy about Obama winning! That says a lot, they didn't trust Romney one bit. They even had voting parties going on in the bigger cities.

I think Obama could of done a lot more if it wasn´t for the House Republicans. I hope they leave him some room to move so he can get something done this term.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I guess I better sell my house before I lose it, no way I'll be able to keep up with the new taxes. Well, at least the Hate America First folks in other countries will be happy so there's that at least. No good news for us loser Libertarians at all, but please enjoy dancing on my financial grave as well as the graves of freedom of speech, expression and assembly which are likely to be curtailed. 8>D

Good night all!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I lean Republican but Obama's victory speech was pretty epic. It didn't come off like he was reading a prompter either, He's been a good speaker his whole time on the national level but this one came out especially natural and you could tell he was excited.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Obama wins!!!!

I think it will be better for ordinary Americans.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
The Illuminati won today

and if Romney had won ?
what would you have said ??

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Congrats from the UK, Iam happy for you all

Hope he does a good job for you all and for everyone on the planet.
Enjoy your day if you voted for him and Na na na na naaaaa! if you went for romney.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
....And the rest of the world breaths a sigh of relief.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Hurray for Obama, now we will see what happens with his two terms.

So close, had Romney not made his handful of gaffs he might of won. His arrogance did him in.

Not looking forward to another 4 years of birther threads, but at least I won't be complaining about Romney.

Let's all hope Boehner eases up on his stance of blocking legislation, now that he failed in his attempt to stop Obama from being elected for a second term.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
No more hope and change, just moving forward for more of the same.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
Why do all the Obama fans act like great change is coming?? We just had 4 years with Obama and the country is still in shambles, so I'm not sure how everyone is seeing this great change.... But let's be real, obviously a democratic president who gives free money out to desperate "entitled" folks will win, he's essentially buying votes... Well at the end of the day I'm allowed to complain over the next 4 years because I voted for Romney. All you Obama lovers can't complain, you got your wish so you I better not hear a peep out of you over the next term..

I felt extremely ill as I watched Obama's acceptance speech, which is a huge contrast from what I was feeling the night he won in 2008. I had voted for him, and I was so excited. I cried, and my family and I were dancing around the house. I honestly believed change was coming, the endless wars were done, and thanked God we were out of the Bush years. Little did I know.

Obama said, he wanted to bring change, but that change was not what I was looking for, and over the past 4 years, as I have matured, I have changed.

I will never vote for a president who gives us TSA in the airport. I cannot fly because I still suffer trauma from a rape, and do not want an agent to touch me. I cannot believe Obama allows this to go in our airports and allows citizens to be treated as if we are the criminals.

NDAA was another turning point for me. The cowardly drone attacks in Pakistan. This did it all in for me, as I sat one night looking at a photo of a man in a great deal of pain after losing his wife, newborn, and three children all in one shot, after a drone attack.

Strengthening Bush's policies and extending them. Need I say more?

This is not what I voted for and I did not give him vote again.

I hope he will go back to Washington with a backbone this time and look around at the mess he has created. But I doubt that he will. He is in too deep now and he won't stop the drone attacks, or the TSA's molestation at the airport, reverse some Bush policies, close the gulag etc.

Maybe next time, there will be a candidate who made me feel the way I did back on election night in 2008, but until then I'm just dreaming.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Well I couldn’t sleep I have to get moving in a few hours anyway.

Oh well it’s OK. I have to say this is the first election the guy I voted for won.

I believe things will get better from here on out. The people have spoken and Obama won.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Polymath
reply to post by westcoast

Agreed X2. Did you, like me, exercise your rights as an American and not vote?

On a side note, my posts keep getting burried.

Off-Topic: Coast, I recognize your name when I was a long time lurker so maybe you can answer my question. I'll send you a U2U (I think that's what it's called on here) that way I don't go more off-topic.

LOL...pretty much. I exercised my right to write in a name: Ron Paul. I could not, no matter how hard I thought and tried, vote for anyone else. I just had to do it. Seeing as how it was all decided LONG before my vote is even counted.....I will sleep better tonight knowing I was not influenced or bullied into voting for the 'lesser of the two evils'.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Excellent! Good call. Amid watching election results tonight I came across this fascinating interview and am sharing it because I think the information is necessary for the days ahead. To explain and share.

Encore Broadcast: On Winner-Take-All Politics
March 1, 2012

In this encore presentation, Bill Moyers investigates America’s economic disparity — how it happened and who’s to blame.

billmoyers.com...

BILL MOYERS: How can this happen? How could Washington turn its back on the broad middle class to favor a relatively few at the top in a democracy?

JACOB HACKER: What has really changed is the organization of American politics, particularly the organizations that represent the deepest pocketed members of American society.

What we've seen as an organizational revolution over the last 30 years that has meant that business, and Wall Street, and ideological conservative organizations that are pushing for free market policies have all become much more influential.

And at the same time, a lot of the organizations that once represented the middle class, labor unions, broad-based civic organizations and, sort of, organizations at the local and grassroots level, including social movements, have all lost enormous ground.

JACOB HACKER: ...these large shifts in our economy had been propelled in part by what government has done, say deregulating the market, the financial markets, to allow wealthy people to gamble with their own and other peoples' money, and ways to put all of us at risk, but allow them to make huge fortunes.

And at the same time, when those risks have become apparent, there has been a studious effort on the part of political leaders to try to protect against government stepping in and regulating or changing the rules.

BILL MOYERS You write, ... our public officials have rewritten the rules of the economy in ways that favor the few at the expense of the many.

Why do the winners get policies that make their winnings even larger? You know, this is not a trivial change. If you say from the mid-90s to 2007, those top 400 tax payers, they've seen their tax rates decline so much that it's worth about $46 million for every one--

PAUL PIERSON: The Bush tax cuts in a lot of ways were written like a subprime mortgage. You know, they were designed to make people see certain things, and not see a lot of the fine print.

JACOB HACKER: Fully 30 to 40 percent of the benefits were going to the very top, of the income distribution. The top one percent. And when you broke it down, it was really the top one-tenth of one percent that did so well because of the estate tax changes, and because of the changes in the top tax rates, the changes in the capital gains taxes. And if you go to 2003, changes in the dividend tax.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
Well I couldn’t sleep I have to get moving in a few hours anyway.

Oh well it’s OK. I have to say this is the first election the guy I voted for won.

I believe things will get better from here on out. The people have spoken and Obama won.

Quite a relief!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchildren
I will never vote for a president who gives us TSA in the airport. I cannot fly because I still suffer trauma from a rape, and do not want an agent to touch me. I cannot believe Obama allows this to go in our airports and allows citizens to be treated as if we are the criminals.

It's not Obama. I hope one day you'll see that. There is hardly a person in the world who wouldn't empathize with your trauma. At the same time, it's not like nobody wants to blow up American airplanes. Sadly, there are people who want to do just that. As as grotesquely inefficient and intrusive as TSA is, we need it in some capacity. Wearing seat belts while driving is uncomfortable to many people, but it's necessary. A person with poor vision might want to drive, but they aren't allowed out of concern for public safety. There are many examples when the society cannot conform to your personal preferences, and I don't see why you chose to project your frustration from that simple fact, on a single person known as Barack Obama.

NDAA was another turning point for me. The cowardly drone attacks in Pakistan. This did it all in for me, as I sat one night looking at a photo of a man in a great deal of pain after losing his wife, newborn, and three children all in one shot, after a drone attack.

Once in a while I get to look at photos of people from our county who lost their lives fighting abroad. There seems to be a lot. Are you a soldier? Because if you are not, you better be quiet about calling people cowards. We would have been better off bombing Afghanistan instead of invasion, and arguably the people of that country would be doing better as well. Invasion is not cowardly but just as barbaric, despite meaning well and all. And if you have a recipe for a war-free world, made it known. Otherwise, let others do the dirty work and don't complain.

He is in too deep now and he won't stop the drone attacks, or the TSA's molestation at the airport, reverse some Bush policies, close the gulag etc.

Someone said once, "it's the economy, stupid".
edit on 7-11-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
OK... now that ATS is mostly quiet... my one moment of gloating....

I CALLED IT!!! I CALLED IT!!! I called my shot and came out without being utterly humiliated and forever marked!!!

YAY ME!!!

(insert rhythmically challenged happy dance ~here~)

Now pretend this never happened.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

OK... now that ATS is mostly quiet... my one moment of gloating....

I CALLED IT!!! I CALLED IT!!! I called my shot and came out without being utterly humiliated and forever marked!!!

YAY ME!!!

(insert rhythmically challenged happy dance ~here~)

Now pretend this never happened.

And I was right here with you from the beginning. I couldn't be more pleased. Obama won the electoral votes, won the popular vote and won more states. I don't know if this qualifies as a landslide, but as I suggested in my post on page 1, this certainly was a cake walk.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Obama done speech.
guy is a jedi of words.

...and that's a vast understatement. He's almost scary. I mean, if he set out to sell the Brooklyn Bridge to a few people, he might have just pulled it off. If he was selling used cars, he'd be a billionaire by now.

I heard same from people who knew people in Bill Clinton's inner circle. He could hypnotize you into almost anything.

Oh well, a job well done. Use the force, Barack.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Raining on the parade ...
The bad news ... four more years of Obama's lies and cover ups.
The good news ... we don't have to worry about a Pres. Romney LUV'n Israel too closely.
The really pathetic news ... third party candidates didn't stand a chance.

Hope you all enjoy your celebration but I'm not seeing much to celebrate. Voter fraud reports ... threats in the social media of riots if certain people didn't win ... lies and coverups being rewarded with a second term ... Romney being 'the best' that the Republicans had to offer (that's REALLY bad!!) .. third and fourth parties ignored.

edit on 11/7/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I don't think "celebration" is the right word...

Relief is probably more akin to what Americans (and the world) should be basking in ATM.

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join