Heffs ATS Barack Obama Victory Tracking and Celebration Thread!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

What about the 2nd amendment?

I can buy any gun I could have 4 years ago. If I have a business liscense and my place is zoned, I can get my FFL and Class III and have a .50 cal machine gun if I want. I just have to do the paperwork and pay the taxes.

Heck, I don't even need a consealed weapons permit in my state.

So, I don't really see my 2nd amendment rights being taken away up here in Alaska by the Feds.

link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon

The answer that worked for me was simple. The right wants to eliminate social programs, the left does not. I hear much debate, here and elsewhere, about the lazy, good for nothing layabouts who abuse the system. But how often do we discuss the disabled, the sick, the weak and powerless?

Not so much. But these are real problems - and such people do exist.

In a world as amazing and wealthy as the one we live in? Well... compassion should be automatic. That is why I choose the liberal party and platform. Because I care what happens to the people who have no voice or who are not as strong as me.

In short, vote with your own conscience, either way. Forget the rest... all the propaganda and hyperbole.

~Heff

link   
Ok...ok...ok.

I voted my heart and mind and it's done. No, I did not vote for Romney or Obama.

I pondered it more than I thought I would but in the end, I voted for what I truly believe we need.

That being said...I could appreciate the positions of both candidates on a couple of different things.

I do believe we need fiscal responsibility. I feel we need to address the deficit and debt in realistic and practical terms...not false proclamations meant to stir passion in people and blind them to the fact that you actually haven't proposed a real solution.

I work in construction engineering. Putting aside the fact that I would like to see the contracts and the money flowing for infrastructure work for personal reasons...there is a real need to be doing this. After years and years of working in this field, I cannot drive under/over a bridge and not notice it's conditions. I can't help but notice when streets are closed due to waterline breaks. I cannot ignore seeping sewage into streams...frequent power outages in minor weather events.

Our infrastructure is in bad shape. Now...while money is still cheap...is the time to jump into it. You cannot just continue to put paint over crumbling steel...you can't just keep patching over holes running through bridge decks. Sooner or later, you have to seriously repair it...or replace it. Repair is generally cheaper than replace...BUT...if you keep putting it off, the costs soon get so great that repair is no longer an affordable option. So...on this ONE issue, I agreed with Obama. Not because I was licking my chops for windfalls of cash, but because I am old enough, smart enough and experienced enough to know "it needs to be done sooner than later". I happen to know what happens when you ignore these things.

Perhaps it is time to pull the Military Industrial complex and defense contractors into a quiet room and inform them "you are going to switch from military contractor to General contractor...you are going to build bridges instead of bombs".

Hey, look at the bright side....they will still get to suck the teet of tax revenue and we get our infrastructure back on par...and...we get a few million jobs to boot.

Just my opinion.
edit on 11/6/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon
reply to post by SaturnFX

Har har har...

Still waiting for convincing arguments....

I know how I am going to vote for the local issues, but Turd Sandwich or Crap Burger aren't looking so good right about now.....

Its really not anyones job to convince you. Your views and stances on issues is a personal thing. Your views on things like abortion, gay rights, etc..all of this is in the core of your mind..so, find some issues, decide thats what you will hold important, and note the differences, the consequences of both, from moderate to severe, and vote approprately and personally.

or don't vote. abstaining is a valid option also.

As far as voting for a turd sandwich or a crap burger, well, choose one, else one will be chosen for you I guess. Personally, I think sandwiches are more healthy than burgers...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon
When you vote for the "President" you are voting for a de facto leader. You and I do not live in the same United States.

And that's a good thing.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by TDawgRex

What about the 2nd amendment?

I can buy any gun I could have 4 years ago. If I have a business liscense and my place is zoned, I can get my FFL and Class III and have a .50 cal machine gun if I want.

Dude... You should really do this! There are plenty of threads about "what weapon is best in the SHTF scenario". I guess we have the answer.

So yeah, the 2nd is doing fine.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

You should lay off the "kool aid" until later in the day.

link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon
If you vote, you are a rebel against the de jure republic.

If you vote, you are keeping a de facto mafia in power.

www.pacalliance.us...

You are not electing a new President of the United States that our forefathers founded.

Remember that.

"Forefathers" are not some form of deity that you are trying to present here. We live in a practical world and we need a project manager. The project is the United States of America, and the manager is the President. It thought this was simple to understand.

If any "manager" created this kind of debt for their company, they would be fired. Instead, people worship the ground he walks on...oh well, I for one don't believe that he will deliver groceries to you when you can't afford them after the economy tanks.

link   

Originally posted by RedmoonMWC

Have you taken your meds yet today Heff?
It doesn't look like it.
It ain't over till it's over - around 7 or 8 pm
edit on 6-11-2012 by RedmoonMWC because: to add

pfft.

It could literally go on for days, even weeks if things are contested and the scotus needs to weigh in.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Har har har...

Still waiting for convincing arguments....

I know how I am going to vote for the local issues, but Turd Sandwich or Crap Burger aren't looking so good right about now.....

Its really not anyones job to convince you. Your views and stances on issues is a personal thing. Your views on things like abortion, gay rights, etc..all of this is in the core of your mind..so, find some issues, decide thats what you will hold important, and note the differences, the consequences of both, from moderate to severe, and vote approprately and personally.

or don't vote. abstaining is a valid option also.

As far as voting for a turd sandwich or a crap burger, well, choose one, else one will be chosen for you I guess. Personally, I think sandwiches are more healthy than burgers...

You hit the nail on the head with that post!

You aren't voting on the issues that matter, you are voting on civil issues. When you get down to the issues that matter, they are the same, they just distract you with the personal issues.

link   

Don't count my man Gary Johnson out just yet!!

He got my vote today!!

Better receive more than just my vote.......

link   

Originally posted by superman2012
[SNIPPED]
If any "manager" created this kind of debt for their company, they would be fired.

I don't know. You see, it's quite common for a company to run debt (massive at times) before turning back to profitability. We had a surplus before GWB came to be the chairman, you know what happened next...

[Mod note: please only quote the minimum needed. As you're directly replying to the last post, either simply quote that one or use the "reply to" tag. "Quotes within quotes" going multiple layers deep just look messy. Thanks. ~Mike.]
edit on 6/11/12 by JustMike because: Snipped to remove quote within quote within quote. The quote relating to the response has been left exactly as it was. ~Mike

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Folks, sorry, but I just heard that voting for Obama will cause face cancer in rodents.

Please don't vote, and save a bunny.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Gotta love the statements about meds and Kool aid!

I've put myself out there, to the very edge of the limb because I believe in something. I might well end up having to eat humble pie before it's all said and done. But that's fine by me. I have the integrity to do so if it turns out that way.

But I've also stated why I believe and why I feel the way I do. That is infinitely more important, IMO, than empty rhetoric and cheap shots.

No?

~Heff

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I have compassion for people, but at what point is enough enough?

Obama seems to be more of a centrist and not much of a leader IMHO.

All I have seen under his term is blaming the other guy, increased size of government, ridiculous deficits, and what I believe to be a smug attitude as a result of his belief that he needs to change the fundamental foundations of America.

I agree, America needs some change, but what are we changing into?

I know it's not all Obama's fault btw. I get that he has inherited a mess, as did the president before him What I mainly dislike is the lack of strong leadership from his administration.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I hear ya.

This is why the local issues are more important to me.

I doubt either figurehead makes a difference at this point.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Companies may run a debt for the first couple years before they become profitable, but the US hasn't been debt free in the last century. How long before the "company" goes bankrupt? I don't think too long.
Link

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

It's odd that the right wants to elimiate social programs. If you look at the elecorate map:

And then compare it to the percentage of people on food stamps....

It looks like quite a few southern "red states" are some of the highest food stamp users!

I don't get why Republcians in red states whine about food stamps and social programs, when they are more likley to be the ones using it!?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I know it's not all Obama's fault btw. I get that he has inherited a mess, as did the president before him What I mainly dislike is the lack of strong leadership from his administration.

It is my fervent hope that a second term will embolden Obama. Being a lame duck can be a positive thing IMO.

Sadly I think that Obama has a weight in his own soul, based upon legacy, that doesn't serve the nation well. Being the first, at anything, can create undo pressure... as one is always aware that their performance, in such a situation, will be used as a yardstick for those who come after.

A second term, I think, will see a much more assertive POTUS... as those initial worries become secondary to the need to truly cement a personal legacy in history.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Our forefathers laid a great foundation for the country.

Correction.

our forefathers laid a great foundation for multiple countries.

Bouvier's Law Dictionary

BODY POLITIC, government, corporations. When applied to the government this phrase signifies the state.

2. As to the persons who compose the body politic, they take collectively the name, of people, or nation; and individually they are citizens, when considered in relation to their political rights, and subjects as being submitted to the laws of the state.

3. When it refers to corporations, the term body politic means that the members of such corporations shall be considered as an artificial person.

NATIONALITY. The state of a person in relation to the nation in which he was born.

2. A man retains his nationality of origin during bis minority, but, as in the case of his domicil of origin, he may change his nationality upon attaining full age; he cannot, however, renounce his allegiance without permission of the government. See Citizen; Domicil; Expatriation; Naturalization; Foelix, Du Dr. Intern. prive, n. 26; 8 Cranch, 263; 8 Cranch, 253; Chit. Law of Nat. 31 2 Gall. 485; 1 Gall. 545.

NATIONS. Nations or states are independent bodies politic; societies of men united together for the purpose of promoting their mutual safety and advantage by the joint efforts of their combined strength.

2. But every combination of men who govern themselves, independently of all others, will not be considered a nation; a body of pirates, for example, who govern themselves, are not a nation. To constitute a nation another ingredient is required. The body thus formed must respect other nations in general, and each of their members in particular. Such a society has her affairs and her interests; she deliberates and takes resolutions in common; thus becoming a moral person who possesses an understanding and will peculiar to herself, and is susceptible of obligations and rights. Vattel, Prelim. §1, 2; 5 Pet. S. C. R. 52.

STATE, government. This word is used in various senses. In its most enlarged sense, it signifies a self-sufficient body of persons united together in one community for the defence of their rights, and to do right and justice to foreigners. In this sense, the state means the whole people united into one body politic; (q. v.) and the state, and the people of the state, are equivalent expressions. 1 Pet. Cond. Rep. 37 to 39; 3 Dall. 93; 2 Dall. 425; 2 Wilson's Lect. 120; Dane's Appx. §50, p. 63 1 Story, Const. §361. In a more limited sense, the word `state' expresses merely the positive or actual organization of the legislative, or judicial powers; thus the actual government of the state is designated by the name of the state; hence the expression, the state has passed such a law, or prohibited such an act. State also means the section of territory occupied by a state, as the state of Pennsylvania.

COUNTRY. By country is meant the state of which one is a member.
edit on 6-11-2012 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum