Heffs ATS Barack Obama Victory Tracking and Celebration Thread!

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I am so glad this is over. I will be flying back tomorrow cheerfully. May the next 4 years be better than the last and I believe it will.

I am hoping congress got the message and starts working with the president instead of against him. If they don’t we will say goodbye to them soon.

This is a victory in another way as well. Congress did not set a precedent that they can determine presidential elections and hoodwink the public.

To comment on that...political scientists from all walks have been saying this election is hugely important to both parties, because whoever wins is going to see the benefit of a timeframe poised for things economically to really improve big-time, juat based on cycles and the current situation. I believe whoever won, we'll see unemployment dip to around 5-6% by term's end, amd be clicking very strongly thereafter...til the next downturn, of course. Its morning in America, again folks.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
The Illuminati won today

We always win.

Muahahahaa

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I am so glad this is over. I will be flying back tomorrow cheerfully. May the next 4 years be better than the last and I believe it will.

I am hoping congress got the message and starts working with the president instead of against him. If they don’t we will say goodbye to them soon.

This is a victory in another way as well. Congress did not set a precedent that they can determine presidential elections and hoodwink the public.

To comment on that...political scientists from all walks have been saying this election is hugely important to both parties, because whoever wins is going to see the benefit of a timeframe poised for things economically to really improve big-time, juat based on cycles and the current situation. I believe whoever won, we'll see unemployment dip to around 5-6% by term's end, amd be clicking very strongly thereafter...til the next downturn, of course. Its morning in America, again folks.

I strongly believe in a continued Democratic White House in 2016 based on this.

And we could even see big changes during the midterms, depending.

EDIT because I didn't want to make a new post:
I may call it a night here, friends, but I'll be back later if Virginia gets called tonight. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure Florida and Ohio are going to be tied up and contested and won't be definite yes's or no's by the end of the tonight.

We may not see a Romney concession tonight, and if no Romney concession, then no Obama acceptance remarks. It's not quite over yet, but tonight's been a good night.

Good luck and goodwill to everyone, especially the very cool Romney supporters who came over to this thread and accepted their defeat with grace. I hope those of us who've been supporting Obama can handle our victory with similar humility.

Peace out!
edit on 6/11/12 by Sink the Bismarck! because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
It's after midnight and it doesn't look like we'll be getting any speeches any time soon so I'm off to bed. Good night all. It was once again another fun election night on ATS.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Colorado goes to President Obama.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Gentlemen (and ladies), its been a pleasure weathering this US general election with you fine, fine people. No matter if the outcome was to your taste / political view or not, take pride in the fact we had a respectful & enjoyable discussion throughout. The partisan nature of ATS was put aside for a few hours which was sweet to participate in.

I could not have wished to have spent my time on any other board.

So in closing I will say goodnight & wish your President elect all the best in his second term.

Peace out from Ireland.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by marker3221
Gentlemen (and ladies), its been a pleasure weathering this US general election with you fine, fine people. No matter if the outcome was to your taste / political view or not, take pride in the fact we had a respectful & enjoyable discussion throughout. The partisan nature of ATS was put aside for a few hours which was sweet to participate in.

So in closing I will say goodnight & wish your President elect all the best in his second term.

Peace out from Ireland.

Beautiful words. I just hope the next 4 years are better than then the last 4!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Whelp fellas prepare for the destruction of the U.S..Obama will totally ruin the economy with more massive expansion of the federal government.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by restlessinMT

I think they will be. I think that this puts enough of the partisan rivalry to bed for those of us still sane enough to care to actually make the differences that the Tea Party and the Occupy movement were born intending to make.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by restlessinMT

I think they will be. I think that this puts enough of the partisan rivalry to bed for those of us still sane enough to care to actually make the differences that the Tea Party and the Occupy movement were born intending to make.

Gawd I sure hope so.

I think we're gonna see a more aggressive Obama these next 4 years.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by marker3221

Peace out from Ireland.

Thank You for joining us, and being interested in our electoral process. You are a wonderful representation of what ATS is all about...

Visiting your Beautiful Ireland is on my bucket list...

Des

edit on 6-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Dear Annee,

Hi, it's been a while. I'm curious about something you wrote:

How do you think the Republican House will react to that? It seems at least possible that they will get more aggressive in return and the gridlock will be set in stone.

For the last two years the Republican House has been blamed for gridlock, but that didn't hurt them in the election. Might Obama consider a less aggressive tone?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I have enjoyed this immensely. I predict the political forums will be hot for the next few days but will eventually calm down to a more respectful manner in time. I have been just as guilty as anyone as of late and I apologize for my actions to those I have offended.

Sanity is already returning to me so I look forward to debating each of you again and I will make a concerted effort to tone it down. I think every 4 years I come down with a case of temporary insanity.

I notice there have been a few names missing the past week or so from the forums. I am just glad I didn’t go so far as to get banned. I will give a toast to those fallen cyber warriors. LOL. I know I can be a real smart arse sometimes so again my apologies.

Goodnight all I have a long day ahead starting in a few hours I think I will get some rest.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Before I forget... Thank you ALL for participating in such a productive and positive way in this thread! I began it with the fear that it would get out of hand and be closed. ATS has proven itself above the cut once again, thanks to all of you!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Before I forget... Thank you ALL for participating in such a productive and positive way in this thread! I began it with the fear that it would get out of hand and be closed. ATS has proven itself above the cut once again, thanks to all of you!

Heff...from the depths of my Soul..I say this. You are the only member of all of ATS that could have pulled this off. Heff, you bring out the best in people...

Des

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by Annee

Dear Annee,

Hi, it's been a while. I'm curious about something you wrote:

How do you think the Republican House will react to that? It seems at least possible that they will get more aggressive in return and the gridlock will be set in stone.

For the last two years the Republican House has been blamed for gridlock, but that didn't hurt them in the election. Might Obama consider a less aggressive tone?

The Republican House HAS blocked and gridlocked everything. They deserve the blame.

But beyond that - - - it seems to me most presidents get more aggressive in their second term.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I think we should all like get badges or something for being here all day.

I like badges.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Heff...from the depths of my Soul..I say this. You are the only member of all of ATS that could have pulled this off. Heff, you bring out the best in people...

Des

I'm back because, like I said earlier, Virginia got called for Obama! Couple this with the fact that Nevada was called as well and I'm on cloud nine right now. All that's left is for Tester to win in Montana, but I get the feeling that won't happen tonight because their returns are literally trickling in.

More good news: recreational marijuana legalized in Colorado and Washington, medical marijuana in Massachusetts, gay marriage legalized in Maine and Maryland (and the suggested gay marriage ban in my old stomping grounds of Minnesota is very likely to be shot down tonight).

Wow, has it been an exciting night or what? Once again, thank you to all the polite and friendly Romney supporters who've joined us in a show of solidarity and THREE BIG CHEERS to Heff for this awesome thread. It was a truly awesome way to spend this day (I'm sure glad I had today and tomorrow off from work; very little sleep tonight) and everyone here has been so cool to interact with.

See ya'll later. Let's see where this takes us. I'm gonna go watch Romney's remarks (breaking news: Romney has conceded, which means no legal quagmires in Florida and Ohio) and then meditate or something, cause my nerves are fried.

Good night, folks.

link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
I think we should all like get badges or something for being here all day.

I like badges.

I want shoes...these shoes....

Des

link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

As time and consciousness permit... I'll open up GIMP and see what I can do about creating a badge!

new topics
top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join