It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heffs ATS Barack Obama Victory Tracking and Celebration Thread!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I step away from the party for half an hour...

Walked over to the City Hall and voted. I have never been in there before.

Holy crap that is a nice building. Now I'm pissed about my property taxes!

Voted for Gary Johnson. It's the best of both worlds.

Tommorw I can engage either side and say, "Well at least I didn't vote for HIM" Yep, I took the cop-out route.

Besides, with our measly solid red electoral votes it doesn't really matter here.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixswornsermon
Both candidates make me want to vomit.

Not sure what to do here.

Somebody convince me lol.

oh here you are.

Hey guys here he is. The undecided voter. LOL.

Didnt know there were any at this stage of the game. Anyone undecided should not call themselves a voter thats all.

link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by primus2012

Originally posted by gangdumstyle
Well in about six hours we should get confirmation on the president.

If I was an Obama supporter, i'd be biting my nails.

I hope you are right. I have a feeling however that this could drag out for a week or more. New Jersey is allowing email votes through Friday for example. Similar happenings with some absentee ballots I do believe.

Might not be hearing the typical concession speech tonight.

New Jersey can only allow voting on other ballot initiatives.

The presidential voting stops at midnight.

Federal law.

(unless I'm waaaay off base here)

It is the entire ballot, presidential included. Not that we're expecting New Jersey to go any way but blue.

link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

Originally posted by Zaanny
Of course the group that hands out free money is going to get the majority vote.

IF your on the DOLE and have not worked.... EVER

You should loose the right to vote.

Its no different than buying votes.

You'll probably find if you remove those votes...Obama still wins. And let's not forget, there's a lot more "free money" handed out besides what goes to welfare.

Though Heff, let's not call and end to the failed Reagonomics yet. Neocons still have control of the purse strings in the HOR. The next two years is key. A little further back from the brink of economic doom and people will start realizing how far we've come. Then, maybe, Dems will have enough control to set the nation on a path which benefits the citizens of the US more than it does the foreign-based, tax-dodging corporations.

For some reason I can't seem to find Zaanny's original post, so I'll respond to the post quoting him.

But, Zaanny, I work a steady job and neither I, nor anyone in my white, working class, center-left immediate family has ever been 'on the dole' (ok, correction, my mother was on stuff like welfare as a young child and my father has a military pension, but growing up we never received anything like food stamps or whatever) and yet I am still voting for Obama.

Therefore by my mere existence I've already disproved your thesis.

Oh, and you do know the majority of welfare and food stamps recipients are Southern, rural whites who will, in all likelihood, be voting for either Romney or Johnson?

www.sodahead.com...

and

kathmanduk2.wordpress.com...

If these rural whites receive money from the government, and, going by your logic, that means they should vote for Obama, rather than Romney, who wants to slash social spending.

And yet the real paradox is that, like I pointed out above, these rural conservatives will be voting for Romney because they're overwhelmingly conservative. There's too much conjecture that could go into -why- they'd vote that way, so that's for another thread, but suffice it to say your strawman argument isn't holding up.
edit on 6/11/12 by Sink the Bismarck! because: (no reason given)

link   
Heff...
Bold words. Be prepared to eat them!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm so glad I don't live in a swing State. To have been bombarded with all those campaign adds...I think I might have poked my own eyes out with a sharp stick....

Des

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well folks. Time for me to go back to the real world.

Thank you all from both sides of the isle for making this probably the most enjoyable thread I've been in for a long time. You have all reaffirmed my faith in humanity.

I hope your guy/gal wins and if not don't worry. I'm sure the galactic federation of light will come and save us.

I've just seen Slayer making it rain for Beezer on the pole...a mental image that I will never be able to get rid of...thanks!

Thank you Heff for hosting and by the way, you are out of Pringles...sorry.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Hope you are right, 4 years of bankers and big business controlling this country could drive us further into the ground.

By the way, hope everyone is enjoying their paid day off brought to you by Unions, fought for and won by collective bargaining. Let's hope today is a win for the middle class and workers of America!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
FTR:

I would personally love to see Paul or Johnson get their 5% so that the next election cycle might be more third party oriented and open.

Also FTR - I'd would LOVE to see the RNC and the DNC both move towards a compromise position and drop the extremism on both sides.

IMO we need to start thinking about the generations to follow and try to put aside some of the rhetoric and dogma so that we can leave them with a society that is cohesive, well structured, and stable.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
BTW...Dan Rather called it for Mitt Romney on MSNBC, today.

www.theblaze.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Well to be fair to me, I am decided at the local level.....

Is it that wrong that it's hard to decide between what one sees as two lousy options?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I haven't looked for the link, but I think it is something like $180 million spent on Ohio between the Romney and Obama campaigns. This does not include the PAC's and other misc groups (or local elections) It is H*LL living in Ohio right now (more so than normal
) Other day got 6 things in the mail box, all political ads and one of them was a (I kid you not) 20 page 8 1/2" x 11" booklet on Obama's economic plan. Imagine what could be done with that kind of money to help feed starving children. It is crazy. I have rediscovered my cd player in my car and now have a very close relationship with my DVR

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
Heff...
Bold words. Be prepared to eat them!

I am prepared to do so if my instincts prove to be wrong. No matter who wins tonight, I'll be back here tomorrow fighting the good fight... Even if I am doing so with a mouthful of humble pie!

~Heff

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I'm so glad I don't live in a swing State. To have been bombarded with all those campaign adds...I think I might have poked my own eyes out with a sharp stick....

Des

I live in a swing state/swing county; Ohio/Hamilton county (Cincinnati)...It is going, overwhelmingly, for Romney down here. Huge Republican turnout!

link   
Dow Industrials
+133.24

Nasdaq
+12.27

S&P 500
+11.13

Somebody likes what they're seeing.
I wonder how much will be moved in anticipation of the results?

edit on 6-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by LightWarrior11

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
Heff... Obama wins we lose!
Romney wins we lose!

hopeless change ......

Exactly. There is nothing to celebrate, I'm so surprised at how many people on this website are still supporting the red & blue system. It's like why the f** are you even here?? To read about Ufos????

None of the red & blue folks care to answer to why their guy supports
NDAA, drones, trap wire, patriot act, etc.

Nothing to celebrate?
Lower tax rates for the wealthy have always harmed those of us earning less than $500k/year.

A Romney presidency is essentially a mandate for a $2T war with Iran.

As far as "why are we here...?" um...you must be mistaking ATS for some other, strictly political forum. Generally, yes, people are here to discuss, you guessed it, CONSPIRACIES!

Sure, most of the people here, whether supporting Obama or Romney would prefer to have a government devoid of corruption, and without a secret agenda which seems to go against us all, BUT, within that box we find ourselves in...is there anything wrong with making a decision, based on knowledge and experience, which is in our (selves and nation's) best interests considering the circumstances? If a football team needs two TDs with 30 seconds to go, do they just walk off the field, or do they get as close as they can to the ideal state (winning?)

There are those who believe if you can't reach your ideal state all at once you should simply curl up into a ball and cry (or die), but the majority of us believe progression is preferable to regression.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon
reply to post by Hefficide

Many people do not realize that there are more than 50 states in the Union, Washington D.C. is also a state in the Union.

Speaking as someone who was born in Washington, DC and who is now a resident of a state, I can say that DC is not now and never has been a state. It's a district. There's a huge difference in power and structure.

This difference has occasionally caused me problems when I'm asked for the state of my birth (On most forms they list DC in the same category as Puerto Rico -- as others here who were born in DC can confirm.)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Hey Des. Swinging Virginia here. Yes the TV ads were unrelenting, the visits to town and the traffice tie ups were horrendous but I kind of liked being courted. This has been a very exciting election period no matter who wins. ( But I voted for Obama )

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I move to instate a policy that ALL political debates have to be in rap battle form..

By the power invested in me by this giant bald bird, the president shall not be the shiniest of 2 turds..

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I am leaving work now.
Going to go cast my votes.
Then I am going to get loaded.
I will check back in, but I refuse to post in a drunken state.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join