It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I knew my mom was zealous about Romney, but...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Wow, no offense, but she is pretty ignorant to react that way and think you should vote for he she wants you too. We all have our political opinions. We all vote for who WE want to, not who pressures us to vote for. That is exactly how many countries fall apart. Because of ignorance like that.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
My dad asked me the same question. I simply chose to take the path of least resistance and lie. Honesty is not always the best policy, and I learned that feeding him the answer he wants to hear means that I get much more peace of mind.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
She scoffed icily at everything I said, and continued on to say that she never even heard of Gary Johnson at all... and then that I knew nothing of politics and couldn't possibly make an informed decision...

This is where you turn it around and ask her how she can make an informed decision when she never heard of a candidate that received over 1 million votes.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Ahh, its good to see the game being played out just like TPTB wanted it to "divide & conquer".

Here's are novel idea, don't tell anyone who you voted for! it's none of their business! seems to me like it would save a lot of heartache.
Time to leave the nest i think, stand on your own two feet

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
You made the right decision, do not be intimidated by your family or anyone else. No one can tell you how to vote and from it sounds like your more informed than your mother about politics. Keep up the good work

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
I never thought this would happen.

My mom (a Romney fan) and I went to the polling place. The wait felt approximately as long as the line for a semi-popular ride at Disney World during busy season. But none of this mattered much, because I was eager to add my vote for Gary Johnson.

In the line, I arranged a day out with my mom tomorrow. We would have a great time. Today would be a good day too. Vote for Gary Johnson, go home, get some coffee, relax.

But it wasn't to be...
In the car after we were done voting, she asked me if I voted Republican, and I told her the truth without thinking.
She-- blew-- UP.

She said some pretty creative things that I didn't think a person would ever be inclined to say to one's own daughter.
"You are so stupid"... "I feel like I have a traitor in my own home"... "I asked you to do this ONE THING for me"... (For a few minutes I thought she was going to kick me out of the house.) Her biggest rant was that I just wasted my vote, and that I basically gave one to Obama.

I made the point that a vote is only wasted if it's for someone you don't believe in. I also mentioned sadly that this election has divided everyone like no other, family member against family member. She scoffed icily at everything I said, and continued on to say that she never even heard of Gary Johnson at all... and then that I knew nothing of politics and couldn't possibly make an informed decision...

I'm alone in my room now. I'm kind of scared of how she'll act towards me. One thing's for sure, our nice day out tomorrow is probably called off.
I wanted so much to make the point that this country is based on freedom, and that includes the freedom to vote for who I want. But it wouldn't have made a difference.
edit on 6-11-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

Don't worry about it, she will be okay in about two weeks. Republicans are in a state of collective shock. They found out that America is not what they thought it was and they are just trying to cope with it. Watching the shock and horror on Fox News during the election was pure joy to me. (They are a terrible "News" organization) But they will have to understand America has CHANGED and will never go back to the days of the 1950's or 1960's. That is why Obama won. A divided house cannot stand and the Republicans found out the hard way. They should have never ran Romney anyway.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I hear you OP ... I'm not even American and I didn't even vote yet a number of my face book friends that voted for Romney were quite put out that I thought Obama winning was the better of two evils... Anger didn't even explain it and to top it off in there obvoisly emotional state they began to Rant
:

Obama is Soft on Terrorism....
Our soldiers will die....
My insurance....
Democrats are liars...
The recession was the Democrats fault....
2016 movie... (right wing propaganda movie)

I quickly replied with the facts:

Osama was killed on Democrats watch and was trained by the CIA on Republican watch.
Romneys plan to Police the world.
Her insurance... I'm not too sure what she was getting at as it probably would get higher who ever was in power.
Republicans never lie?... Anger fogging her judgement..
2008 Republicans were in office leading up to the recession...
No need to answer the right wing BS movie question that she treated as absolute gospel.

She then turned to berate my nationality and being British.... "What have the Romans ever done for us?" Monty Python reference and other abusive comments. Now I knew she was religious so I played the only card I could to try and offend her so much she might defriend me and rack off. "what did the Romans ever do for us?..... Well they invented that fairy tale bible you read Emperor Constantine I believe, Not God and Not Jesus". With that there was silence.....

I firmly believe Romney and his Romnites are a religious cult and it is such a good job he didn't get into office.

Op don't worry like posters said above she'll calm down... thats if she hasn't watched the 2016 movie then she has been endoctrinated...
fingers crossed

edit on 8-11-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join