It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foundations are in place for Martial Law in the USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2002 @ 02:41 AM
link   
By Ritt Goldstein
July 27 2002

Recent pronouncements from the Bush Administration and national security initiatives put in place in the Reagan era could see internment camps and martial law in the United States.

When president Ronald Reagan was considering invading Nicaragua he issued a series of executive orders that provided the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) with broad powers in the event of a "crisis" such as "violent and widespread internal dissent or national opposition against a US military invasion abroad". They were never used.

But with the looming possibility of a US invasion of Iraq, recent pronouncements by President George Bush's domestic security chief, Tom Ridge, and an official with the US Civil Rights Commission should fire concerns that these powers could be employed or a de facto drift into their deployment could occur.

On July 20 the Detroit Free Press ran a story entitled "Arabs in US could be held, official warns". The story referred to a member of the US Civil Rights Commission who foresaw the possibility of internment camps for Arab Americans. FEMA has practised for such an occasion.

FEMA, whose main role is disaster response, is also responsible for handling US domestic unrest.

From 1982-84 Colonel Oliver North assisted FEMA in drafting its civil defence preparations. Details of these plans emerged during the 1987 Iran-Contra scandal.

They included executive orders providing for suspension of the constitution, the imposition of martial law, internment camps, and the turning over of government to the president and FEMA.

A Miami Herald article on July 5, 1987, reported that the former FEMA director Louis Guiffrida's deputy, John Brinkerhoff, handled the martial law portion of the planning. The plan was said to be similar to one Mr Giuffrida had developed earlier to combat "a national uprising by black militants". It provided for the detention "of at least 21million American Negroes"' in "assembly centres or relocation camps".

Today Mr Brinkerhoff is with the highly influential Anser Institute for Homeland Security. Following a request by the Pentagon in January that the US military be allowed the option of deploying troops on American streets, the institute in February published a paper by Mr Brinkerhoff arguing the legality of this.

He alleged that the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878, which has long been accepted as prohibiting such deployments, had simply been misunderstood and misapplied.

The preface to the article also provided the revelation that the national plan he had worked on, under Mr Giuffrida, was "approved by Reagan, and actions were taken to implement it".

By April, the US military had created a Northern Command to aid Homeland defence. Reuters reported that the command is "mainly expected to play a supporting role to local authorities".

However, Mr Ridge, the Director of Homeland Security, has just advocated a review of US law regarding the use of the military for law enforcement duties.

Disturbingly, the full facts and final contents of Mr Reagan's national plan remain uncertain. This is in part because President Bush took the unusual step of sealing the Reagan presidential papers last November. However, many of the key figures of the Reagan era are part of the present administration, including John Poindexter, to whom Oliver North later reported.

At the time of the Reagan initiatives, the then attorney-general, William French Smith, wrote to the national security adviser, Robert McFarlane: "I believe that the role assigned to the Federal Emergency Management Agency in the revised Executive Order exceeds its proper function as a co-ordinating agency for emergency preparedness ... this department and others have repeatedly raised serious policy and legal objections to an 'emergency czar' role for FEMA."

Criticism of the Bush Administration's response to September11 echoes Mr Smith's warning. On June 7 the former presidential counsel John Dean spoke of America's sliding into a "constitutional dictatorship" and martial law.

Ritt Goldstein is an investigative journalist and a former leader in the movement for US law enforcement accountability. He revealed exclusively in the Herald last week the Bush Administration's plans for a domestic spying system more pervasive than the Stasi network in East Germany.

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Aug, 2 2002 @ 06:28 PM
link   
is the USA imposes martial law canada will probably cause were too stupid to be indepent so we just follow the usa

jra

posted on Aug, 2 2002 @ 08:16 PM
link   
i highly doubt that Canada would follow. there would be no reason to do so. from what i see Canada doesn't "follow" the USA much at all.

posted on Aug, 2 2002 @ 09:06 PM
link   
actually the one that seems to be doing all the following is the UK. They'd probably do it too cuz of their foreign policy that states "we must be USA's biatch"!!

posted on Sep, 1 2002 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I sirously dought that marshall law will take effects on US soils this is why AMEICANS own the rights to bear arms in the United States "Incase our goverment ever trys to turn against us. we have the right to stand up for ourselves. For we the peopel are the goverment.
T�x�s R��ͣ out

posted on Sep, 1 2002 @ 12:36 PM
link   
T�x�s R��ͣ, you right, but you're a little bit to much optimist.
If a majority is agree with the gov, the minority who will not be agree will be in deep troubles. Constitution or not.

A paper never stopped any gov'. Even if this paper is the Constitution.

posted on Sep, 1 2002 @ 02:45 PM
link   
hehe , true that ultra , i donno , though i do doubt this marshall law coming , sure its good to prepare , but just live you life !

posted on Sep, 2 2002 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Well, that's what I do. I live my life.

posted on Sep, 8 2002 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I totally agree. I know that over here in Australia there is going to be a huuge stink kicked up if the attack on Iraq goes ahead, and Im presuming the same will happen in USA.

posted on Sep, 9 2002 @ 09:52 PM
link   
----------------------------------------------------"I totally agree. I know that over here in Australia there is going to be a huuge stink kicked up if the attack on Iraq goes ahead, and Im presuming the same will happen in USA. " ------------------------------

Why is there going to be a stinkup. It is every Australians patriotic duty to support our government in its fight against the chemical warfare stashing Iraqi's. If you simply "live your life" , you are never thinking about the big picture, in which millions are dying of disease, starvation and hunger all due to one mans stupidity.

Get your head out of the sand and your finger out of your ass, maybe youll realise there are things in this world worhth protecting.

posted on Sep, 10 2002 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Texas say's

I sirously dought that marshall law will take effects on US soils this is why AMEICANS own the rights to bear arms in the United States "Incase our goverment ever trys to turn against us. we have the right to stand up for ourselves. For we the peopel are the goverment.

If Marshall Law goes into effect you will loose your rights 'To bear Arms'! It would probably come to either turn in your guns or die trying to keep them.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Hi all. Im new here- not quite sure where to post this, but here goes. I have a brother who is a physician in Kingman, Arizona. His best friend is a Highway Patrol officer who related this disturbing story. Approximately 3 weeks ago, the Highway patrol Officer pulled over a white, unmarked semi with a double trailer. Apparently the driver acted "suspicious", and so the officer asked him to open the back of the 2nd trailer. Inside were approximatley 300- yes 300- guillotines. When he asked what they were for- the driver said he had no idea what was in the trailers, he was just transporting them to an old military base near Kingman.
Why in the hell are 300 guillotines being transported in an unmarked trailer to an miltary base? And what military base was he talking about? Kingman airport "used" to be a military base, but was turned over for joint civil/military use in 1948. Does anyone have any ideas on what the hell is going on??

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by awakeinaz

Death by guillotines allows for the bodies to remain uncontaminated so they can use the "spare parts".

I'll look around and see if I can find the bill that authorized them in the first place.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Georgia House of Representatives - 1995/1996 Sessions
HB 1274 - Death penalty; guillotine provisions
Code Sections - 17-10-38/ 17-10-44
A BILL TO BE ENTITLED AN ACT

1- 1 To amend Article 2 of Chapter 10 of Title 17 of the Official
1- 2 Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to the death penalty
1- 3 generally, so as to provide a statement of legislative
1- 4 policy; to provide for death by guillotine; to provide for
1- 5 applicability; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other
1- 6 purposes.

SECTION 1.

1- 8 The General Assembly finds that while prisoners condemned to
1- 9 death may wish to donate one or more of their organs for
1-10 transplant, any such desire is thwarted by the fact that
1-11 electrocution makes all such organs unsuitable for
1-12 transplant. The intent of the General Assembly in enacting
1-13 this legislation is to provide for a method of execution
1-14 which is compatible with the donation of organs by a
1-15 condemned prisoner.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Personally, while I found your thread interesting, I don't find it terribly alarming. Martial Law has been a threat for a long time and the government has had the ability and capacity to enact it any time they wanted.

They have not, but you might as why?

A few reasons I think:

1) The illusion of choice still holds.
2) The mainstream news is still trusted
3) Most Americans could not name any of the articles in the Bill of Rights let alone read the Constitution (or even say what it does)
4) If even 1% of the American's decided to fight, you'd have 3+ million members engaging in the largest and most well-armed gorilla campaigns in history.
5) Why alarm the populous by declaring martial law when they can just crush us slowly regardless of who we vote for?

These are just a few of the reasons.

Also, the foundation for Martial Law and tyrannical government were cemented during the Civil War and expanded greatly in the World War era.

The things these boys do nowadays is really nothing more than child's play mixed with massive theft.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
thanks for the information
I have been reading through other posts regarding this subject. it just hit a little to close to home

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar
Texas say's

If Marshall Law goes into effect you will loose your rights 'To bear Arms'! It would probably come to either turn in your guns or die trying to keep them.

Is Marshall Law something like the Marshall plan?

How will one LOOSE rights? What made them loosen?

I wonder how many decades it has been, that we are told any day now, we will have martial law, or that we will all be loaded up on railcars and sent to FEMA camps

[edit on 3-3-2010 by firepilot]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well, it's been nearly 10 years, judging from this topic alone. Way to bring it back from the dead.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Freaky.
A truck full of head choppers.
Just like the head choppers in Georgia I read about in 2002.
I didnt hear about them taking such machinery to military bases though.
when you hear about stuff like this its impossible not to have red flags go up all at once.

new topics

top topics

join