It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide bomber kills 31 at army base near Baghdad

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

We either accept the fact that some cultures don't adhere to the same principles that we do

or

Dominate them entirely.

(Red pill or blue)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by MDDoxs

or

Dominate them entirely.

(Red pill or blue)

I don’t necessarily believe that is the appropriate alternative. This is not the colonial age, were we demand subjugation or dominate them via economic/military means.

There has to be freedom and liberty for people to do what they want.

However, I will add a note that you freedom cannot impose on others freedoms. Blowing up civilians would be an example of disregarding other peoples freedoms…

Who knows what is the best medium for governance, I don’t know, but it is interesting to discuss the possibilities.

Thank you for joining in Beez

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Cheers!

There is no right answer.

One the one hand, we have the UN, Human Rights, Amnesty Internat'l, etc. bemoaning the manner inwhich people are being treated by their government.

On the other hand, is it really any of our beeswax?

My opinion.

We should open our borders to anyone who wishes to enjoy OUR culture. Don't try to change OUR culture into yours. Don't play loose and fast with OUR rules, OUR laws.

Also, we should leave other cultures alone. We'll respect theirs as long as you (figurative) respect ours.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

We should open our borders to anyone who wishes to enjoy OUR culture. Don't try to change OUR culture into yours. Don't play loose and fast with OUR rules, OUR laws.

I agree completely.

For extroverted and aggressive governments (not naming any names
), one world government sounds pretty good, as long as it supports the ideals and beliefs of your (figurative
) culture.

However, the common problem is "one size wont fit all".

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Thank the West for this tranquil freedom lavished upon the Iraqi people! I'm sure they're eternally greatful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join