3 year old gets mom $2500 ticket? WTH?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+10 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Police today are just getting dumber and dumber... here is one incident where a little boy being potty trained couldn't make it to the toilet fast enough... So he pulled it out and peed in the front yard of his parents rural home... A policeman stopped and gave his mother a ticket for $2500 for public urination. This happened in Oklahoma. I guess this community needs to cut the police budget if the police have time to ticket a 3-year-old!

www.news9.com...

PIEDMONT, Oklahoma -
A three year old gets his mom in trouble with the law when he gets a ticket from police. Now the little boy's mother will have to pay thousands of dollars for what the toddler did in their own front yard.

The toddler is being potty trained, and he wasn't near the facilities, so he unzipped.

We are told before he could pee, a Piedmont police officer stopped him. It's a bathroom break that cost mom $2,500.

We all know the saying, boys will be boys. Dillan decided to be a big boy, stop what he was doing, so he wouldn't wet his pull-up.

"Dillan pulled down his pants to pee outside, I guess and the cop pulled up and asked for my license and told me he was going to give me a ticket for public urination," said the boy's mother, Ashley Warden.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
What nonsense!

That's a ticket, if it was me. that I would fight in court!

+30 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well it's not very often that I praise the cops on ATS. I know I should balance my critiscism with some ataboys more often. So here it is:

ATABOY officer do****bag for not shooting the kid!! You are a shining example of self control in a stressful situation.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

Wow! I'm almost at a loss for words!

It's just ludicrous!

I have a little boy and when he first started going to the bathroom, he wanted to go outside! And I would let him because I figured he was little and no harm to anyone else.

Now he's 7 and when we are at the park and he has to go( this park doesnt have restrooms!) we go down in this ditch.

I've never thought about the fact that I could get in trouble for letting him urinate in public!

This cop wasted his time and energy to even stop in the first place!! Ridiculous! I guess that cop doesn't have kids!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Forget about criminals, the public is now more scared of the police.

"Enforcing the law"? Yah right. These guys are armed revenue collectors for the state.

$2500 my arse.

edit on 6-11-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
That is crap.

There was probably a a drug deal going down on a street corner a few blocks away. Wasted resources.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Here's the Peidmont Police *HIGH QUALITY^ Mission statement

Didn't see anything in there about how they plan to control all the wild juvenile
delinquents and stop them from urinating on everything.

Piedmont Police Department Mission Statement

To maintain peace and order by providing high quality police services that are responsive to the needs of the community. We attempt to protect the life and property by apprehending those who commit criminal actions; by developing partnerships to prevent, reduce, or eliminate neighborhood problems; and by providing police services that are fair and respectful of the dignity of all individuals. Our police officers strive to attain the highest level of honesty, integrity, and professionalism possible.

If you want to call them and inquire about policy on their public unrination policies
here's their number: 405-373-1334 (non-emergency)

Of you would like to join up and become a highly trained Piedmont Public Urination Enforcement
Officer they are hiring.....

The Piedmont Police Department consists of 10 full-time officers and 6 reserve officers who provide 24 / 7 coverage to the citizens of Piedmont, covering approximately 43 square miles. On behalf of the employees of the Piedmont Police Department, we would like to thank the citizens of Piedmont for supporting us in our endeavors to make this community a safe place to visit, and a safe place for residents to live and raise their families. If you are contemplating becoming a citizen of Piedmont, feel free to contact us at any time for any information we may provide about our city or our department.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I really hope that cop is proud of himself. Also, being that he is a man, I sure hope someone catches him doing it.
Seriously, are they going to start patrolling the woods now, to catch hunters doing this?

My sons would have cost me a small fortune since we live out in the country and they played in the woods all day.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Nahhhhhh..can't be true. Must be more to this story than what is told. Maybe the mom threatened the cop with physical harm or something.

No way is a cop going to ticket a 3 year old for doing what is natural to them.

I call BS story.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Well its a crazy world we live in when a 3 year old kid gets a ticket for having a pee in there own yard. Whats the world coming to? As if that kid knows right from wrong. Ive got 2 girls and when they where potty training if they got caught short when we was out and not near a bathroom id find an out of the way place to let them go. There not like adults who can hold on until they get to the bathroom. Ridiculous!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Excellent example of..
The quest to generate $$$$$ has overtaken common sense.That's all it is.

Thnx for the post!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This just says it all about whats wrong with this world and the Police in general. I suppose his Mother should be glad that the Police Lucifer did not Taser the poor little sole!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Damn, if I got caught everytime I went outside to pee, I'd owe well over a million dollars by now. Seriously. I think I might go pee outside right now just because I like to go against the grain of "the system".

MOTF!
edit on 6-11-2012 by MessOnTheFED! because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Crappy.

I love peeing outside. Makes you feel free.

Guess I need to watch my back now.......

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This is just insane. Not only are the circumstances just ridiculous, but $2500?? You got to be kidding me.

An adult, male friend of mine got busted for public urination a few months back. He's got prostate issues btw, not an excuse but sometimes you really just can't keep it in. His fine was $50.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
Police today are just getting dumber and dumber... here is one incident where a little boy being potty trained couldn't make it to the toilet fast enough... So he pulled it out and peed in the front yard of his parents rural home... A policeman stopped and gave his mother a ticket for $2500 for public urination. This happened in Oklahoma. I guess this community needs to cut the police budget if the police have time to ticket a 3-year-old!

www.news9.com...

PIEDMONT, Oklahoma -
A three year old gets his mom in trouble with the law when he gets a ticket from police. Now the little boy's mother will have to pay thousands of dollars for what the toddler did in their own front yard.

The toddler is being potty trained, and he wasn't near the facilities, so he unzipped.

We are told before he could pee, a Piedmont police officer stopped him. It's a bathroom break that cost mom $2,500.

We all know the saying, boys will be boys. Dillan decided to be a big boy, stop what he was doing, so he wouldn't wet his pull-up.

"Dillan pulled down his pants to pee outside, I guess and the cop pulled up and asked for my license and told me he was going to give me a ticket for public urination," said the boy's mother, Ashley Warden.

If the officer is a Guy, someone needs to talk to him Mom! I bet she will be boggled!
I am sure she can remind him the he did it too at that age and even later!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Appropriate punishment. White trash. Absentee mother.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I imagine that whatever judge has to hear this case (hopefully Mom will fight it) will throw it out and chastise the ticketing officer. If not I would think that the judge would stand little to no chance of being re-elected.

Personally if it was my kid I would call any local media and raise a huge fuss. During potty training when they gotta go- they gotta go NOW! I don't think it would even matter if it were on public property, much less in their own yard.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

"Appropriate punishment. White trash. Absentee mother. "

Im sure the lady in question would find that remark both ignorant and racist! The little boy was in his front garden how was the mother an absentee? Dont your little ones go out to play?
edit on 6-11-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join