It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin dismisses defense minister after scandal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Putin dismisses defense minister after scandal

www.reuters.com

Russian President Vladimir Putin publicly dismissed his defense minister on Tuesday after a multi-million dollar corruption scandal and appointed a longtime ally to oversee military reforms.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
With the planet focusing on the US election, another Political event has occurred across the ocean in the other great super power of this world. Is this an attempt by Putin to further solidify his grasp on power over the Russian Government.

Serdyukov's replacement in a job which had been long eyed by rivals, former emergencies minister Sergei Shoigu, is untainted by corruption and popular among Russians. Shoigu has also proved immensely loyal and shown few signs of political ambitions in nearly two decades in senior posts.

That’s a interesting statement.. “Sergei Shoigu, is untainted by corruption” and “proved immensely loyal”

Not corrupted by non-putin related policies perhaps? Also his loyalty to Putin has been brought up and is yet another caveat to this developing story.

With the potential for a new stronger US government and Putin’s attempt to strengthen his role within Russian government, are we headed towards a new tenuous age between these two nations that once stood on the brink of nuclear war?

Thoughts?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The economic warfare started a couple of years ago.

The financial debacle....my opinion is that it was created for us by those who agree that the time of the petrodollar might need to sunset.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Personally, I'm glad for these world leaders that are not boot-licking pushovers. Adds some balance.
And I have to say, I do get a kick out of it when Putin, Ahmadinejad, Gaddafi used to - just tell the truth about things no one else mentions, and everyone freaks out. Acts...scandalized or something...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

'It has begun!!'

Prophetic or eventual...

'Its the end of the world as we know it!!'

Do you feel fine...

Live*

∞LOVE
mayallsoulsbefree∞

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

I am all for complete transparency as you have mentioned and these outspoken leaders such as Putin, are good examples.

However, I mirror the sentiment of much of the Russian people, particularly the middle class, that Putin himself has been the subject of much debate with respect to corruption and heavy handedness.

He seems hell bent on making Russia stronger both economically and militarily, on the labors and pains of the Russian middle class. This is evident by the public demonstrations upon his re-election to the presidency.

This recent dismissal has further solidified Putin's position within the government and earned him even more allies to assist in molding the future of Russia, good or bad.
edit on 6-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

This is evident by the public demonstrations upon his re-election to the presidency.

The Majority those who have demonstrated against Putin are western liberals, communists, Neo Nazi Far left and Far right parties.

The Majority Of them have been getting there funding from USAID.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

and how does that effect the state of Russian Government?

I apologize if i missed the point of your post.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Russia fired a defense minister over a few million pilfered??

We don't do anything about such low levels of corruption. We haven't even bothered to investigate the Billions pilfered in the Iraq war and its ongoing waste.

We operate on the premise of being able to print money forever, don't waste your time investigating the crooks. Plus our crooks have technology at their fingertips to stop anyone who tries to blow the whistle on them.

Russia's next defense minister would do himself good to get the dictatorship tools America's crooks wield.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Dont forget about the Trillions? "misplaced by the Federal Reserve

This touches back to my original point, perhaps Putin using these scandals to bring in more politicians loyal to him and his cause.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
I am all for complete transparency as you have mentioned and these outspoken leaders such as Putin, are good examples.

Putin is NOT transparent by any stretch of the imagination.
Remember he's KGB.

However, I mirror the sentiment of much of the Russian people, particularly the middle class, that Putin himself has been the subject of much debate with respect to corruption and heavy handedness.

Remember he's KGB.

He seems hell bent on making Russia stronger both economically and militarily, on the labors and pains of the Russian middle class. This is evident by the public demonstrations upon his re-election to the presidency.

His reelection is questionable.
Remember he's KGB.

This recent dismissal has further solidified Putin's position within the government and earned him even more allies to assist in molding the future of Russia, good or bad.

Among the old guard.
Remember he's KGB.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Russia fired a defense minister over a few million pilfered??

Yeah pretty lame huh...

I think it was a setup to place somebody "immensely loyal” to Putin. Meanwhile, those millions will probably end up lining the pockets of Putin supporters...........

After all, there is some money "Missing"
edit on 6-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

ex KGB indeed. Could have saved some time and kept it to a one liner.

Putin is NOT transparent by any stretch of the imagination.
Remember he's KGB.

I should have used a different word, "Outspoken" would have been more appropriate.

Sometimes we see non western leaders offering up truths (supposed truths
) that our western politicians wont bring up.

An example of this is Russia's condemnation of the Syrian opposition executing prisoners, whom the west is currently supporting
edit on 6-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Outspoken is one thing but Transparent?

Yeah, he's that alright.

I don't trust Putin anymore than I do those talking heads in DC.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Agreed.

Do you feel that this could be more of a "covert" attempt to re-organize the Russian government to all "Yes-men" completely Loyal to Putin?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Agreed.

Do you feel that this could be more of a "covert" attempt to re-organize the Russian government to all "Yes-men" completely Loyal to Putin?

Honestly,
I wouldn't put anything past Putin. KGB, ex-KGB, makes no difference. These guys don't play around, they play for keeps and rarely lose, they are just like the CIA. It fits. Take the money, blame the guy you want to replace. then use the money taken to pay off those involved.

Position consolidated.

top topics

join