It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantastic Community!! How do I start over & reset myself?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Hi,

This is a fantastic community and I've learnt a lot from various other articles and posts/replies on topics that aren't discussed anywhere else.

I've reached a point in my life where I forget who I was (29 years old) and I can't seem to kick myself into gear.

How does one start over and reset themselves, in an effort to forget everything that was ever learnt and start from scratch?

My mind and body have picked up a lot of bad habits over the years, and I've had enough! My mind is always conscious about others to the point where I'm too nice, and end up being walked over - either in a home or work setting.

I'm also a lousy communicator, due to a speech impediment, and I have a hard time trying to say what I'm thinking. I've tried therapy, and that didn't work, so now I need something else, and I'm hoping any of you can offer some assistance, as I think I'm after 'something else' to be re-born so to speak.

Please help this unguided soul!!

nt888

edit on 11/6/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice & you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***
ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! Be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let one of staff know by using the "Alert" function. This is for your safety, & for those both young and old on this ride with you.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
First it is important to embrace formal logic, philosophy, and the scientific method.
Wiki those topics and learn about methodologies.

Look up logical fallacies and learn to recognize when they occur.

Than set about researching everything and anything. Always be open to learn new ideas, and be willing to let go of old ideas that are no longer reasonable.

Question everything, so you can learn answers.
Question your own beliefs closely, double and triple check info just to be sure.

If you need anything feel free to ask. That's why I am here after all.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by notetaker888

Welcome to ATS notetaker888 and have a flag on me.

If you collect enough of them for posting awesome content, you won't have to look at all those annoying ads anymore.

As for resetting yourself, that one is easy. Just find the reset button on the back of your neck, switch it off for a moment, then back on.

Nothing could be simpler.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

A funny coincidence, I also use ' 888 ' in a lot of my screen names.
I like it because it represents infinity.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Thanks for the super prompt replies and advice!!

That is a great start for me, as I'm finding a lot of conflicting views with my family values, friendship values, personal values, cultural/religious values, and they are all racing inside my head when I'm trying to process something!

Do you recommend any books which might cover most of what I'm trying to find, or am I the odd fish out in the big blue sea?

I feel lie being reborn might be my only release.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
As long as you brought a pound of salt with you..you'll be fine here. Be careful not to believe all you read.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Ever had an out of body experience?

You can achieve it through meditation, deprivation tank, and a couple other ways...
edit on 6-11-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I'm also a lousy communicator, due to a speech impediment, and I have a hard time trying to say what I'm thinking. I've tried therapy

If it's a mental impediment, try a good hypnotherapist. If it's a physical impediment, well, I'm sure you've exhausted all avenues if that's the case. Good luck.

Welcome to the jungle.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

As you'll see my signature is............. Be special.....................Be yourself.
I genuinely believe it's simple truth.
I often take 'Codytime' to think,listen to music, and just enjoy being me.
When I wake up and look in the mirror I smile, that is a blessing.
Take time for yourself turn off the T.V. Find that special place you just know exists (trust yourself on that one) then sit back and enjoy the ride, there will be hits to take. But more importantly there will be laughs to be had and an inner truth to remember .............. Man I'm jealous what a ride you're in for. We'll be there waiting for you.
Mine's a pint

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by notetaker888
Thanks for the super prompt replies and advice!!

That is a great start for me, as I'm finding a lot of conflicting views with my family values, friendship values, personal values, cultural/religious values, and they are all racing inside my head when I'm trying to process something!

Do you recommend any books which might cover most of what I'm trying to find, or am I the odd fish out in the big blue sea?

I feel lie being reborn might be my only release.

On the most basic level Johnathan Livingstone Seagull
Then learn to fly
Good luck and enjoy the journey

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS.

I can sort of relate to what you are saying. I too have so much stuff running around my head and I have a lot of different aspects to my beliefs and thoughts. An oversimplification would be to say that I am a strange combination of logic and irrationality, science and spirit, straitlaced and sloppy. I believe a great many odd things, but do try to look at things in an intelligent and logical way.

Eh, whatever, I have no advice, just wanted to say "hi" and that I hope you enjoy it here!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Damn. I don't have a neck button. Maybe I lost it.

Oh, wait, I dropped it in my dog's food. OK, got it, it just needs a bit of cleaning.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Go to the gym. Work out. Run. Walk. Do whatever it takes to reinvent your body, and your mind will follow. Push your body to its physical limit EVERY day. Do it for yourself and no one else. In a year, you will be a different person, guaranteed. Strong body, strong mind. And haven't you heard? Strong is the new beautiful.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Howdy! Welcome to ATS!

If you decide you'd like an avatar of your very own, come over to our thread and we'll hook ya up!

Link is in my sig line (free of charge and all that good stuff
)

new topics

top topics

join