It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I VOTED"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I voted last week. I knew who I was voting for/against and my positions on the various ballot initiatives so it was smooth sailing.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I voted about 30 minutes ago. It was about a 5 minute walk to my local neighborhood poll station. Only waited about 5 minutes in line to. When I got there, they said about 500 people have voted all together today.

This is the first time for me voting in a presidential election. I also got my little "I Voted" sticker.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Got it done, here. Waited about 15 min in line took about 10 min to vote since there were three pages to the ballot. No problems and everyone was in a good mood. No protesters or even signs out front. The only people on the side walk were a guy who asked where the police station was (on the other side of the block) and a man going to the dentist on the corner. The guy asking for the police station looked happier. The ballot reader seemed to work fine (once I put the ballot in right
). I was number 525 at my precinct.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I voted! It went smoothly, but we already have a voter ID law in place, I have always needed it, and it never slows anything down. Everyone was friendly and nonpartisan as usual. They even had a chair for my son to sit in right next to me.
I am honored to still have the freedom to speak my own voice! Kudos to everyone else who takes the time to take care of their responsibility to speak their mind!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I voted in NC last Saturday, #9129.

Went pretty smooth, No ID required, Just gave my name and address and signed an affidavit.

Only stood in line for about 45 minutes...

Not bad considering it was the last hour of the last day of early voting here...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

edit on 6-11-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I voted today.

Mine wasn't so much about the big guys,but more for the local politics and school boards.

You gotta start from the bottom to get any where.

RAND PAUL 2016!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Smooth voting here. Stood in a single line, handed over my ID, signed a paper and cast my paper ballot. It was the fill-in-the-bubble type I had to slide into a machine when I was done. I live in a town with a population less than 3000. The sign on the door said that by 3:30PM 760ish people had voted. I cast my ballot at about 5:15pm.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
WORST VOTING EXPERIENCE EVER!!

From start to finish it took me 1 hour and 20 minutes to cast my vote.

Here's how it went: I walk in and wait on a short line to be directed to my correct district. I had to repeat my address 5 times to the imbecile at the desk, and she was so incompetent she needed assistance from the even bigger imbecile sitting next to her. The big imbecile then proceeded to send me to the WRONG district, let's call it E.D. XX.

I try to find the line to get my ballot and run into CROWDS of people in no distinguishable order. They crammed SEVEN districts into one tiny elementary school basketball court, and chaos wouldn't even begin to describe it. After asking several random people what district they were waiting for I could make out the lines for E.D. XW and XY. Common sense would dictate that the line for "XX" would be between "XW" and "XY" right? WRONG.

Anyway, I sensed that I had been sent to the wrong district and I wasn't about to wait on a crazy long line only to be told that my name wasn't in the book. I got on line for "XW" and called home to double-check. Turns out I was actually in district "XW". Come to find the big imbecile at the front desk did that exact same thing to several of the people in my vicinity.

So I'm finally on the right line, and I think great, I'll just be patient and everything will be fine. Wrong again. I swear, the line moved 5 feet for every 15 minutes. Not only that, but they were so poorly organized that they intersected with other lines. After 40 minutes of waiting on line XW it made a sudden right turn, and me, following the people in front, as one does when they are on a line, somehow ended up on line XX!

Thankfully a poll worker realized the problem and restored order, sorta. I retained my general place in line but there was a lot of line cutting, and pushing. It was madness and I swear this one lady tried to pick my pocket. For the most part the people around me handled it well considering the circumstances. No altercations broke out while I was there, though several people made comments that one might. The lady behind me commented that this years turn out was waaaay more than the last election.

Finally, at long last it's my turn to get my ballot. I hand the lady my ID which very clearly has my name on it and she goes, "So your name is E-R-O-W-A-N-M?" Oh God. Really? I applied to be a poll worker and never heard back. I think they only employ illiterates, apparently.

So I get my paper ballot and I'm happy, but how the hell am I supposed to fill it out? I went to the Board of Elections website prior to coming to the poll site so I would know what to do. They were supposed to give you a "special marking pen." BS! Not even a damn BIC was provided. The lady was like, "Well, maybe you can get a pen from someone else."

I did get to borrow a pen from a nice random woman and proceeded to fill out my ballot up against a damn wall. The little privacy booths were stationed right in front of the massive throngs of people waiting to get their ballots, and I felt it was pretty pointless to push my way all the way back there again. Regardless, filling it out was pretty easy as I already knew who I was going to vote for. But let me tell you, the print on the ballot was super small, and many of the elderly and vision impaired must have had a difficult time reading it.

The last leg of my journey involved inserting my ballot into the scanner. This was the quickest and easiest part. I was expecting another long line, but all the scanners were actually free. I just slid it is and it said something like "Thank you, your vote has been recorded" Sadly, I can only go on faith that this is so.

I am exhausted now, and if this were my first time voting I probably would never vote again. I've never experienced anything like this before. I need a nap. Wake me when this election is all over.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join