It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I VOTED"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
What a cluster . ID required everybody waiting in line had something wrong with their paperwork. Mine online map showed Sation #2 but the address was for #3 and #5 is only a block away from my house. My mailing address was wriong but the wifes was right but they didn't look at the mailed out card anyway just driverslicense and sign your name.

They kicked out a woman who claimed to be a poll watcher but couldn't show proof. Had to kick her out before letting us in she didn't like it but the other choice was this big guy in uniform was going to take her for a ride.

Huge cardboard 2 sided ballot use a felt pen to connect the arrows for your vote then stick into a machine from I'd say the 70's to do the count.

Gotta go to work have fun
edit on 6-11-2012 by mikellmikell because: (no reason given)

Sorry wrong forum unless were talking 70's techonoligy
edit on 6-11-2012 by mikellmikell because: Wrong forum

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I did too! It was sure of a dam good feeling seeing SO MANY ROMNEY supporters there.

I saw MAYBE 10 Obama nuts on the way into work. The Romney mania is in my area-Thank God.

Althought as most who know me know. I would have rather Palin be in this position but anything is better than this lying poor excuse for a respectable President. pffffff:

Obama isn't crying because he is going to get his butt handed to him today...
He is crying because of all the things Romney/America will find out what he really has been up to and all of the scandals (Solonda/Green Enegy companies; Fast & Furious, Lybia fiasco, GM Buy outs, Stimulus fraud.

GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!!

Don't for get to Vote today!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

i voted today as well. very smooth. no issues with machines or people or miscellaneous.
hoping the rest of america sees the light. romney is the wrong choice who has no plan, and has no integrity.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Lol only 2 Romney voters at my precinct this am made me happy to see so many Obama supporters coming out in droves. Fingers crossed for Obama

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Well you just be glad to know that the terrorists in Syria are rooting for Romney
I cant believe some ATS members are voting for Romney to prove Karl Rove.
edit on 6-11-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

You lost me at Palin.
I hope that was a joke.

Anyway, I will vote after work. My wife is not politically savvy, but Romney has scared her enough that she will vote for only the second time in her life. So we will go together.

I think she is going to vote Obama. I tried to talk her into voting for Johnson, but a guy can only do so much without pissing-off the wife.

Be safe and regardless of who wins, be thankful that we live in America.....where we can at least pretend the elections matter.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
First vote with new ID law. Didnt slow anything down. Everybody lined up in alphabetical sections with their ID'd in hand. Which they had always done anyway. Funny, seemed most everyone assumed you always needed to show ID to vote anyway. Every election Im in line with people holding their ID's.

Voted Johnson.

[snipped]

edit on Tue Nov 6 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Voted.

HUGE voter turn-out for our little town. I have NEVER seen this many people. Got there at 7:15 (15 minutes after polling began) and couldn't find a parking spot. Had to park across the street!

No matter what the outcome of this election THAT is a promising sign. People still care!

Two-thumbs up for anyone who votes today, no matter how you vote!

edit on 11-6-2012 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Done. I was the 66th in a town of about 250.

It was early and cars were continuing to stream in.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

I am really anxious to hear from the members who were/are affected by Hurricane Sandy, and how that went for them.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I hope people can just let this thread be a place where citizens who exercised their most powerful right in this nation to just say they did so.

Please don't turn this into a slamming contest of the candidates and the parties. Let's just celebrate being citizens who take this duty seriously.

Just asking.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
No problems at the polls in rural Alabama. It was the busiest I've seen it in my six years of voting here. I voted Johnson, and was dismayed at the number of races that were unopposed. On ALL the unopposed races I wrote in NONE. Had several ballot amendments to vote on. One anti-Obama care one I voted yes on. Voted yes on secret ballots for all elections including union, voted yes on lowering state legislature pay to state Median income. No on more debt.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Just got back from voting. I wrote in Ron Paul just for the hell of it. Everything else I voted for a third party canidate. My main focus was to vote on the proposals that will actually affect us here where I live. I realize the game is fixed at the higher levels but the local stuff we still have a say in. It went smoothly in my polling station as well. Everyone was polite and left political talk at the door. There was quite a line though but it only took me just under an hour all together.

It is saddening to be surrounded by people that we at ATS would consider lost knowing that they are probably maing their decisions by way of the MSM reporting. I believe that no matter how this goes we are still screwed. No matter who is elected the hammer is going to come crashing down soon. The only difference I see is how it would happen with each different canidate.

ETA: I was number 333 in my polling place thismorning.

edit on 6/11/12 by usmc0311 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/11/12 by usmc0311 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Can't vote and honestly glad that I have an excuse (moved during preliminaries so I couldn't change address) I couldn't get out to my previous voting area due to no cars and busses are a joke if you leave Pinellas and go to outskirts of Tampa where I'd have to go. But certainly glad I didn't have to go wouldn't want to.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
We were voters #10 and 11. Out of the 12 so far, 9 paper ballots and 3 electronic. We are in a rural area. Our precinct probably has 20 or 30 voters.
edit on 11/6/2012 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Voted already. I was glad but surprised to see few african american youngsters chatting that they voted for Romney as they had enough BS from Obama. They were talking amongst themselves. Hopefully they were not joking. Regardless of the party affiliations, please vote. At the least the next generation will learn a lot about history, politics, economy and the present and future economics. Flagged just for that.
edit on 6-11-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I showed up 15 minutes before the polls opened at 7am and stood in a long line in the cold, pouring rain.

ATL suburbs.

The poll worker said they had never had this much turnout so early.

But I won't complain.

Voting by flashlight in Staten Island, NY:

If you can vote, you should vote. Don't take it for granted...
edit on 11/6/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Everything went smooth where I vote in Michigan. Well, everythinge except I had to WRITE IN Gary Johnson instead of being able to pick him from the ballot. 48 states the guy is on the ballot, but in my state, the stupid Sec. of State decided she would show her bias and not let him be on the ballot.

Oh well, I got a big mouth and told a lot of people how to spell "Johnson"...lol.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Very smooth voting experience.. in and out of the poll location in 10 minutes..

I love the country

We had a choice of 5 parties for the President, 1 Senate race with 2 parties, and the congressional seat again with 2 parties.. and two questions on amending the state constitution..

We had the choice of electronic machine or paper ballot, I chose paper.. my fat fingers might of ended up casting a vote for Jimmy Carter and he's not even on the ballot

Weather is fantastic, had about an equal split of yard signs between the two major parties.

Hope everyone has a smooth day at the polls as well

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join