It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Knight???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I love stuff like this, its the great "Steno Pool" debate that will never end but is always fun to read.

I often wonder how many Truths have been read and forgotten by secretaries and steno pool's back in the days before computers.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
Ah one of my all time favorites.
I'm glad you're bringing it up again.
My feeling is yep there is an alien satellite
polar orbiting the Earth and the Moon on it's other trips.

Debunkers say there is nothing to the story
& point to the fact that NASA had polar orbiting satellites when
Black Knight was detected. But I found differing information
from NASA's website that said they tried but weren't successful
until years after the BK was spotted to get a polar orbiting satellite up.
edit on 6-11-2012 by sealing because: edit

Here It is. The dates certainly don't line up for the Black Knight to
be what debunkers claim is a NASA POES satellite.

From the site:
From April 1, 1960 to July 2, 1965 ten TIROS satellites were launched. The satellites ensured continuity of data throughout the early years. The first four TIROS satellites had an inclination of 48 degrees and the next four had an inclination of 58 degrees, thus they were not polar-orbiting. The last two TIROS were the first polar-orbiting meteorological satellites. The next series of satellites, named ESSA, for Environmental Science Services Administration, were launched from February 3, 1966 to Feb. 26, 1969. Nine satellites in the ESSA series were launched during this time. These satellites were also polar-orbiting satellites.

www.oso.noaa.gov...
edit on 6-11-2012 by sealing because: Link

edit on 6-11-2012 by sealing because: (no reason given)

So what if NASA wasn't launching polar orbit satellites then? Thet weren't the only game in town, even if you seem to think so. Do some more research.

Which debunkers claim "Black Knight" is "a NASA POES satellite"? I must have missed that discussion.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Jim, if you know who WAS launching polar orbit missions, why dont you tell us? Set the information free! Shout it from the roof tops.

Of course, NASA might not have been the only game in town back then, but they were the only game in town worth playing or betting on. If thats not accurate, then fill me in bud!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Jim, if you know who WAS launching polar orbit missions, why dont you tell us? Set the information free! Shout it from the roof tops.

Of course, NASA might not have been the only game in town back then, but they were the only game in town worth playing or betting on. If thats not accurate, then fill me in bud!

I'm not the gate-keeper monopolizing space history knowledge. If you can't find out this stuff yourself, you'll be helpless in the face of the NEXT misidentified 'space UFO' picture. Learn to do your own research, and learn to demand that anybody posting such claims in the futire does THEIRS.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Re the series photos of a of weird-shaped black thingie, these discussions by a worldwide net of amateur space watchers may provide clues:

Discussion of the tracking of several objects dropped during a spacewalk during initial ISS assembly:
satobs.org...
satobs.org...
satobs.org...
satobs.org...
satobs.org...
satobs.org...

more messages on the monthly page
satobs.org...

selected imagery from EVA on STS-88
spaceflight.nasa.gov...

NASA's page of info on one of the pictures
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

Earlier discussion on ATS:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6-11-2012 by JimOberg because: typo

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Ah one of my all time favorites.
I'm glad you're bringing it up again.
My feeling is yep there is an alien satellite
polar orbiting the Earth and the Moon on it's other trips.

Debunkers say there is nothing to the story
& point to the fact that NASA had polar orbiting satellites when
Black Knight was detected. But I found differing information
from NASA's website that said they tried but weren't successful
until years after the BK was spotted to get a polar orbiting satellite up.
edit on 6-11-2012 by sealing because: edit

Here It is. The dates certainly don't line up for the Black Knight to
be what debunkers claim is a NASA POES satellite.

From the site:
From April 1, 1960 to July 2, 1965 ten TIROS satellites were launched. The satellites ensured continuity of data throughout the early years. The first four TIROS satellites had an inclination of 48 degrees and the next four had an inclination of 58 degrees, thus they were not polar-orbiting. The last two TIROS were the first polar-orbiting meteorological satellites. The next series of satellites, named ESSA, for Environmental Science Services Administration, were launched from February 3, 1966 to Feb. 26, 1969. Nine satellites in the ESSA series were launched during this time. These satellites were also polar-orbiting satellites.

www.oso.noaa.gov...
edit on 6-11-2012 by sealing because: Link

edit on 6-11-2012 by sealing because: (no reason given)

So what if NASA wasn't launching polar orbit satellites then? Thet weren't the only game in town, even if you seem to think so. Do some more research.

Which debunkers claim "Black Knight" is "a NASA POES satellite"? I must have missed that discussion.

I have great respect for you Jim.
Read threads and have seen you on the history channel.
This may be the only issue I may differ with you on.
In the last thread which was linked on page one, there was a big discussion
about how the black knight couldn't have been ours because there were no PO
satellites at that time. Then I believe Phage brought a link that said nope we sure did.
But in reading it, there is no way it was ours because of the time line. Also I know there was one other
player, Russia, but I really doubt they had PO satellites in 1960 as well.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

But in reading it, there is no way it was ours because of the time line. Also I know there was one other
player, Russia, but I really doubt they had PO satellites in 1960 as well.

Look harder. Prepare to be amazed at how wrong and uninformed were the assumptions you based your assessment on, and how much work you need to do before you're ever so confidently wrong about any other UFO story again. Accept this as a teachable moment.

Notice, too, the general miasma of shared-ignorance of the rest of the imaginative enthusiasts whose like-minded views encouraged you, unjustifiably.

Learn to do it yourself -- and the first step is to realize you NEED to do it, and you CAN do it. Trust me just this one more time, and charge forward.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I found this to be an interesting addition to the discussion:

ufoupdateslist.com...

Seems this discussion has been going on for some time..........

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jademegjosh

Very interesting story. I have heard of the name dark knight befor and not just in Star Wars either I would like to learn more about this did you do an ATS search for Dark Knight ?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

But JimO....we pay our internet service fees so we can be entertained. Removing supposition from the unknown is a pure entertainment killer!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I'm going with real. I've read all the threads and all the "debunking" and you can sign me up for the tin foil hat brigade on this one. Until I see a better debunk, that is.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

Yes, Im in that camp on this one too. I would also comment that if the photographs show common or garden "space junk" then it is potentially lethal to any manned space vehicle, and would have been extremely alarming to the astronaut taking the picture.

The fact that back in 1960, the object was orbiting in the opposite direction to any other satellite, twice as fast, and on some days didnt show up at all makes for one very unusual piece of 'space junk'.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
My humble opinion is that this is a genuine strange case.

Most of us have heard of it, it was definitely up there, the only question is who did it belong to?

Well put it this way, the military committee set up to investigate may have kept their findings secret because it was found to be secret American hardware, and release of details could jeopardize national security.

But if the details are still tightly guarded (I am unaware if any FOI requests have been submitted in relation to this case), I would bet its more than likely not engineered on earth - with the possible exception that its part of a secret space program that was more advanced than any in the public eye, and is still unknown to us today.

I myself hold the belief that both are true - we are being engaged by another civilization (wherever/whenever/whoever they are) and some powers on earth have conducted secret space missions, with hidden technology and the only glimpses we catch of it are brought by people like Ben Rich, and the statements he made.

I reckon the Black Knight probably belongs to someone else, because of the morphing form, the relaying of old earth transmissions , and the secrecy surrounding the findings by the military - if it was ours we wouldn't have even heard about the committee's investigation.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
I'm going with real. I've read all the threads and all the "debunking" and you can sign me up for the tin foil hat brigade on this one. Until I see a better debunk, that is.

I tend to agree with you on that. I have argued with Jim before about his "Moon Pigeons" explanation.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Why do you ALWAYS have to come on here and talk down to people like you are too good to back up what you say with simple links? You always tell people to do it themselves yet this is a discussion forum! Why not provide information for those of us who are interested in reading it and finding out the truth? If you "know" so much please share it, otherwise why do you come to this site?! If someone asks you a question your response is always "do it yourself." That isn't what people do on a discussion forum. We come here to DISCUSS. If someone asks me for a link or information in a post I make you bet your behind I'll give them what they ask for instead of skirt around the question by telling them to do it themselves.

Now on topic. OP I never heard of Black Knight til I joined ATS and I became very interested in it esp with all the mystery surrounding it. I guess it could be just about anything but from what I've read over the years nobody really knows.

As for it being an alien satellite why not?! I believe in aliens and many other things related to other worldly beings possibly "watching" us. We send rovers to Mars, why wouldn't another race of beings do the same? I can't say 100% what it is but I have my theories and thoughts.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Why do you ALWAYS have to come on here and talk down to people like you are too good to back up what you say with simple links? You always tell people to do it themselves yet this is a discussion forum! Why not provide information for those of us who are interested in reading it and finding out the truth? If you "know" so much please share it, otherwise why do you come to this site?! If someone asks you a question your response is always "do it yourself." That isn't what people do on a discussion forum. We come here to DISCUSS. If someone asks me for a link or information in a post I make you bet your behind I'll give them what they ask for instead of skirt around the question by telling them to do it themselves.

Now on topic. OP I never heard of Black Knight til I joined ATS and I became very interested in it esp with all the mystery surrounding it. I guess it could be just about anything but from what I've read over the years nobody really knows.

As for it being an alien satellite why not?! I believe in aliens and many other things related to other worldly beings possibly "watching" us. We send rovers to Mars, why wouldn't another race of beings do the same? I can't say 100% what it is but I have my theories and thoughts.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Strut on! No debunking from THIS minion.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Some people are so desperate for a conspiracy!

as alfa1 pointed out Sputnik was launched October 4th 1957.....it remained in orbit until January 4th 1958 when it burned up on re-entry.....how then did Black Knight track it when Black Knight wasn't (allegedly) discovered until 1960?

Simple Google Search
edit on 6/11/2012 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
A thread just a couple of months ago:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The story of the mysterious satellite has grown and been distorted more and more over the years. As is typical, a number of things with no apparent connection have been connected to make a fine tale.

There were polar satellites in 1960 and, in fact, the one in question was identified.

The images are from STS-88 and are assuredly items released during a spacewalk.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

OK,

What are these items that were released?

If you can show us anything we take into space that resembles those pictures I might consider your point.

The supposed lack of PO satellites belonging to us at that time is one of the verifiable facts of this case.

What about all the other anomalies?

And I concede that not all of the sightings of "black knight" were necessarily of the same object, but I am in no doubt that some reports are of genuine unknown craft.

And I can deduce this from the proven fact that something more advanced than what the public is aware of has been traversing our skies and space for decades at least, coupled with the gems of Ufology that demonstrate behavior that would fit a visiting civilization (not to mention the UFO occupant reports), that whoever is responsible for operating these craft would most certainly place monitoring platforms around our planet.

So this case is probably a mish-mash of different incidents, but I am certain that some of these reports are of a genuine anomalous object, and even if they are not - we still have plenty of incidents that are irreproachable and show we are being engaged by someone other than ourselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join