It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Knight???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Is the black knight satellite real or just a myth?What is the "Black Knight" satellite? It is a mysterious satellite, of unknown origin, discovered in 1960 which shadowed Sputnik. It is believed to have been of extraterrestrial origin, and signaled back old radio waves from the 1920s and 1930s before it disappeared. In short wave patterns analyzed by astronomer Duncan Lunan, it revealed its origin as Epsilon Boötes (or the star system as it was 13,000 years ago).

In "Disneyland of the Gods", by John Keel, he reports in depth on this satellite:

"In February 1960 the US detected an unknown object in polar orbit, a feat that neither they or the USSR had been able to accomplish. As if that wasn't enough, it apparently was several sizes larger than anything either country would have been able to get off the ground.

And then, the oddness began. HAM operators began to receive strange coded messages. One person in particular said he managed to decode one of the transmissions, and it corresponded to a star chart. A star chart which would have been plotted from earth 13,000 years ago, and focused on the Epsilon Bostes star system.

On September 3, 1960, seven months after the satellite was first detected by radar, a tracking camera at Grumman Aircraft Corporation's Long Island factory took a photograph of it. People on the ground had been occasionally seeing it for about two weeks at that point. Viewers would make it out as a red glowing object moving in an east-to-west orbit. Most satellites of the time, according to what little material I've been able to find on the black knight satellite, moved from west-to-east. It's speed was also about three times normal. A committee was formed to examine it, but nothing more was ever made public.

Three years later, Gordon Cooper was launched into space for a 22 orbit mission. On his final orbit, he reported seeing a glowing green shape ahead of his capsule, and heading in his direction. It's said that the Muchea tracking station, in Australia, which Cooper reported this too was also able to pick it up on radar traveling in an east-to-west orbit. This event was reported by NBC, but reporters were forbidden to ask Cooper about the event on his landing. The official explanation is that an electrical malfunction in the capsule had caused high levels of carbon dioxide, which induced hallucinations.

So what do you people think? is it real or fake?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Check this thread out www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I don't know what to think, but I know someone who has a connection in Northrop-Grumman. I'm going to ask them to ask their connection.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Black night is a long way from hoooooooOooOooOooOme!

So yeah, Deep Purple must have had some interest in this incident I think! I would love to see some declassified documents from world leading natioins on this subject, because by reading between the lines of those pages, it might be possible to learn something more solid about the Black Knight incident.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jademegjosh
Is the black knight satellite real or just a myth?

Having read about this before, I'm of the opinion that its a myth.
Not a single one of the "facts" about it stand up to any scrutiny.

Examples...

discovered in 1960 which shadowed Sputnik.

Sputnik wasnt there in 1960. It was launched in 1957 and came down a few months later.

"In February 1960 the US detected an unknown object in polar orbit

Sputnik wasnt in a polar orbit, so the legend about it "tracking" sputnik can simply not be true.

If, as some say, a high inclined orbit (like the 65 degrees of sputnik) could be called "polar", then it could be tracking sputnik (but not in 1960), but then the bit about it being an orbit unachievable by humans becomes a lie.

etc...
And then all the bits about the shortwave signals is mysteriously vague and unreplicatable and lacking in any specifics whatsoever. It really has all the hallmarks of a bunch of crap somebody put together to sell a book.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jademegjosh

Sounds like it's probably true.

Did you expect someone like NASA, the MSM or the government to tell you about it?

Well, if they did, then they would have to change many other stories, and people might actually wake up.

Here is another article on the Black Knight Satellite, apparently Tesla discovered it as well:

Article about the Black Knight Satellite

Here are some more pics of it, which apparently NASA has labelled "space junk"

NASA pics of Black Knight Satellite

Another way to tell is by how many of the elites minions try to debunk this. If it is just a joke it will largely be ignored, if there is something to it they will be all over it.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
Another way to tell is by how many of the elites minions try to debunk this. If it is just a joke it will largely be ignored, if there is something to it they will be all over it.

Debunk it? Heavens, no. The story is such a useful fly-paper myth to attract victims of their own credulity. It's fun to watch them struggle to strut around stuck tighter and tighter to the glue.

Strut on! No debunking from THIS minion.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Even if you're a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy zombie....you can't ignore the supposed facts in the case. It's a cool story bro but, the whole issue with the dates and the orbit leads a thinking man to chalk this one up in the myth category. Always liked the story .....does not stand up to close scrutiny, as already pointed out by someone.
edit on 6-11-2012 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

By evading the question, Jim Oberg cannot be caught lying this time.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Debunk it? Heavens, no. The story is such a useful fly-paper myth to attract victims of their own credulity. It's fun to watch them struggle to strut around stuck tighter and tighter to the glue.

Strut on! No debunking from THIS minion.

So if it is such a silly myth why are you here wasting your valuable time debunking it (or mocking it or whatever you would like to term it) to such foolish gullible people?
edit on 6-11-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Awesome idea! I just LOVE thinking about stuff like this and while I cant say its fake or real, I can say its possible.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Ah one of my all time favorites.
I'm glad you're bringing it up again.
My feeling is yep there is an alien satellite
polar orbiting the Earth and the Moon on it's other trips.

Debunkers say there is nothing to the story
& point to the fact that NASA had polar orbiting satellites when
Black Knight was detected. But I found differing information
from NASA's website that said they tried but weren't successful
until years after the BK was spotted to get a polar orbiting satellite up.
edit on 6-11-2012 by sealing because: edit

Here It is. The dates certainly don't line up for the Black Knight to
be what debunkers claim is a NASA POES satellite.

From the site:
From April 1, 1960 to July 2, 1965 ten TIROS satellites were launched. The satellites ensured continuity of data throughout the early years. The first four TIROS satellites had an inclination of 48 degrees and the next four had an inclination of 58 degrees, thus they were not polar-orbiting. The last two TIROS were the first polar-orbiting meteorological satellites. The next series of satellites, named ESSA, for Environmental Science Services Administration, were launched from February 3, 1966 to Feb. 26, 1969. Nine satellites in the ESSA series were launched during this time. These satellites were also polar-orbiting satellites.

www.oso.noaa.gov...
edit on 6-11-2012 by sealing because: Link

edit on 6-11-2012 by sealing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This is a very fascinating topic here. One that I've heard of before but have not really done to much digging into. My question...Is this satellite still up there as we speak or has it mysteriously gone away? I mean obviously if it was still there we would have gone up to it right?

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

If you don’t think conspiracies exist, you are a joke for sure.
But let’s look at your “close scrutiny”.

The NASA Photos:
STS088-724-65
STS088-724-66
STS088-724-67:
STS088-724-68
STS088-724-69:
STS088-724-70

NASA's official statement is that the object is space debris. Yet no one on Earth has taken credit for making it. Or anything that looks like it.

NASA had the photos up on their webpage so they must think the photos are real.
Why would NASA take so many photos of space junk?

If it is space junk, what was it originally?
Why does it look like it has lights on it?
Why does it look like it is morphing?

Is this actually a secret American aircraft made form alien technology?
If so, why would NASA show it to the public?

Is it even associated with a decades old satellite?

“This mystery satellite was in polar orbit feat that neither the US nor Russian were capable of at that time. The soviet satellites were inclined at 65 degree angle with the equator. It was calculated that the weight object to about 15 tons, which is far too heavy for rocket of that era. It also traveled twice as fast as any known satellite at the time. The object was sighted and studied by many of the astronomers across the country.

This is what Robert L. Johnson, director of the Adler Planetarium had to say about the object,
“‘THE OBJECT,’ JUDSON SAID, ‘DOESN’T EVEN HAVE THE DECENCY TO MAINTAIN A REGULAR SCHEDULE, LIKE ANY OTHER HEAVENLY OR MAN MADE OBJECT HE’S EVER SEEN.’

‘WE DON’T KNOW WHEN TO WATCH FOR IT’ he says.”
It appears some nights, and some nights it doesn’t.

It was then photographed by the Grumman Aircraft Corporation. The military attached so much importance to this mystery satellite that they created special committee to gather information and study the mystery satellite.

The committee’s findings were kept secret and the sightings were forgotten.”

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

If you don’t think conspiracies exist, you are a joke for sure.
But let’s look at your “close scrutiny”.

The NASA Photos:
STS088-724-65
STS088-724-66
STS088-724-67:
STS088-724-68
STS088-724-69:
STS088-724-70

NASA's official statement is that the object is space debris. Yet no one on Earth has taken credit for making it. Or anything that looks like it.

NASA had the photos up on their webpage so they must think the photos are real.
Why would NASA take so many photos of space junk?

Now you're just showing off -- showing how happy you are with staying ignorant.

You have made a classic 'argumentum ad moron', defined as saying something must be true because the speaker doesn't know any better.

Can somebody else help Sp-Arch, since he obviously wouldn't believe ME if I explained to him exactly what NASA has always explained these photographs show.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Very interesting!

I've never heard of this myself but I believe I have seen 1 or 2 of the photos. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I plan on doing a little more research on this topic now.

The photos are a little odd, each one looks a little different in shape..

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Yes Jim, cos as anyone with half an eye for the politics of it all will notice how you let one of your flunkys decide what it actually is and then half sort of agreed with them whilst never quite totally committing yourself or stating from the outset that NASA had spent over $5000 of tax payer's bucks launching something they didn't want. For months,, you studiously avoided making any sort of commitment as to what the object was on this forum, in fact you blind sided and went off on any number of tangents when asked directly. Then, your flunky comes along with some "possible" reason and you piggy backed it. Well here we are again, you not actually stating it yourself, seemingly desperate for someone else to say it for you.
edit on 6-11-2012 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It certainly makes sense to use orbiting tech to monitor a planet , especially in conjunction with aerial craft. But the only way to prove this for sure is to get your hands on it , so has to be chalked up as unprovable.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This is for people to read and bare in mind when someone comes along and glibly says.."Oh it was junk they just threw it out"...

Space Junk

From the same site...

There are many thousands more uncatalogued objects larger than 1 cm — perhaps more than 50 000; no one really knows the exact count. Uncatalogued objects include bits of aluminium slag from solid rocket motor propellant and droplets of Sodium-Potassium coolant that escaped from Russian nuclear-powered reconnaissance satellites when they ejected their reactor cores. The really dangerous bits are intermediate in size, between 1 and 10 cm. These are hard to detect yet pack a kinetic energy punch sufficient to cause catastrophic damage. One cm is also the maximum size of debris that can be defeated by modern shielding technology; Space Shuttle windscreens have been damaged by flecks of paint as small as 0.3 mm in size travelling at a mere 14 400 kph. The fastest debris, at 50 000 kph, are travelling about 17 times faster than a machine gun bullet.

So, by all means, furnish us with the number and code from the catalogue for this piece of space debris so we can all clear this up.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
That's one scary video , makes you wonder how the hell we are going to get off the planet in the future.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join