It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amateur astronomer puts NASA conspiracy to light, catalyst for 2012 nuclear explosion of the mind

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
What about the martian canals documented in the 19th and early 20th century. Where did they up and goto? I find it hard to believe different individuals from all over the globe documented these anomalies and now they are nowhere to be found. Smells fishy to me!
edit on 6-11-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

While the idea captured the public's imagination, the canals never really existed.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.space.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

What about the martian canals documented in the 19th and early 20th century. Where did they up and goto? I find it hard to believe different individuals from all over the globe documented these anomalies and now they are nowhere to be found. Smells fishy to me!

While the idea captured the public's imagination, the canals never really existed.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.space.com...

So why are they reported and documented throughout the previous centuries by the then scientific community? Even Galileo Galilei recorded there existence!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
!st thing why was NASA made should be everyones 1st question cause i dont really buy there story 2nd every patch NASA and around the world owns has 1 symbol off the same thing and it looks like this

(hopefully the image isnt too big)
everyone has the red part, so why?

Now you can buy a telescope witch can see the moons surface but your talking a hell load off money right there.

where can you see the images as i would like to see them?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFCG2012AFHS
...the government has lied all along. Not only that but other astronomers scan the skies of Saturn to see more and there too, they see beings roaming the surface. Talk about a 2012 nuclear explosion of the mind when humanity's focus was put on searching for life beyond our solar system when we actually have it right next door to us.

But... Saturn is a gas planet...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

So why are they reported and documented throughout the previous centuries by the then scientific community? Even Galileo Galilei recorded there existence!

Can you give a citation for that. I wouldnt believe that Galileo ever used a telescope that was anywhere good enough to see such things.

Edit - checking wikipedia, the first reference to canals appears to be more than 200 years after he was dead.

People who arent amateur astronomers perhaps dont understand how difficult planitary viewing can be, how the air messes up everything, and seeing ANYTHING at all, even so much as a dark patchy smudge, can sometimes be considered a good viewing.

edit on 6-11-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I cannot give you a link regarding Galileo Galilei and the canals on Mars. I see now that he only postulated life on mars. To be honest looks like i was misinformed and you are correct. The canals of Mars dont crop up until nearly 200 years later. But they do crop up. Many people in the 19th and 20th century seem to have witnessed and documented them over the years. Im just wondering where they went in such a short period of time or how so many different people from lots of different regions of our earth can be wrong in the same or very similar fashion?

"By the early 20th century improved astronomical observations revealed the "canals" to be an optical illusion."

If that is true then why can we still not observe them in this fasion today? What changed? Just asking.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

If that is true then why can we still not observe them in this fasion today?

You *can* still observe these today.
Its just that now we know what they are and dont have to invent silly explanations.

Right here is just one random blog posting from an amateur astronomer who observed them, after getting a bit of practise with his new telescope.

I swung the telescope around to look at Mars. A relatively featureless plain of the planet was presented towards Earth. I observed for about ten minutes and then I noticed something..... I could see Schiaparelli's canals! I called my brother over... 'ummmmm... I think I can see the canals!' ....
The so-called canals which 'do not exist' were very visible to me! I drew them. I let my brother have a look and he too could see them! The seeing conditions were truly optimal and the canals were clearly visible.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by geldib
reply to post by andy06shake

IIRC at one time people were seeing bright flashes of light on the surface of the moon this was before the space age. I have always wondered what they were seeing.

We still see them. They have been photographed and analyzed by experts and amateurs alike, the current consensus is that they are meteorite impacts.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by geldib
reply to post by UFCG2012AFHS

Not trying to spoil your theory but there is no telescope in the world that could see close enough to the surface of any planet, even the moon to see beings walking around.

Yeah beat me to it...

Yeah I was can say hold on there sparky...just how would an amateur astronomer (such as myself) photograph or even records real beings on the surface of the planet Mars.

I gets a little red dot on my scope and even the most powerful scope doesn't show much from Earth...
edit on 6-11-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join