It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Amazing How Many Believe The Political Theater is Real...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm not directing this at the OP or anybody at all, but with so many people whining about everything going on in the US, why stay? You have a choice & the freedom to move elsewhere. Don't know if it's loyalty, age, financials, comfort, or just ignorant bliss. But I feel people would rather just whine about everything & be miserable & NOT do anything than either try to create change (by other means than voting, because I agree with the OP that the whole process is just a front) or just move to a more favorable (to your liking) system in another country. I just don't understand it...
edit on 7-11-2012 by Dawnbreaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by hawkiye

You are correct but voting by the masses is done in every single country, as far as I know.

So is it a "reality show"? Sure. Are the participants "actors". Sure. Should we vote? Absolutely. Why?

Think of the consequences of not voting. The whole freaking world is watching the United States to see how our elections turn out. While you and others here may not vote because you think it's a dog and pony show, you are in the minority...in every single category and for every single participating country.

We lose credibility as a nation and as a leader on the world stage if we compromise what we stand for as a nation and a set of people. There are no options. The script has been set by TPTB and even if you don't follow it, it doesn't really matter. The masses will always do what they feel is right.

The same goes for societal organized activities such as church and school attendance. It's conditioning, sure, but it keeps things in order and prevents chaos. Until you and anyone else can come up with a viable option that the masses will follow, people will always gravitate to something they can identify with and pass down to generations.

It is what it is.

I understand what you are saying but I disagree. Its a good thing the Founding Fathers din't think their was nothing they could do and that the feudal King vassal system was their only option even though the majority still identified with it.... As one of our founders said and did...

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." --Samuel Adams

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dawnbreaker
I'm not directing this at the OP or anybody at all, but with so many people whining about everything going on in the US, why stay? You have a choice & the freedom to move elsewhere. Don't know if it's loyalty, age, financials, comfort, or just ignorant bliss. But I feel people would rather just whine about everything & be miserable & NOT do anything than either try to create change (by other means than voting, because I agree with the OP that the whole process is just a front) or just move to a more favorable (to your liking) system in another country. I just don't understand it...
edit on 7-11-2012 by Dawnbreaker because: (no reason given)

Many have considered this option however please show us a more favorable country/system? I hear this often and the reason we complain so much is we are watching the most favorable system in known history descend back into police state feudalism why would we want to move somewhere where it is already the accepted form of government?

Sure I have heard expatriots say they have moved to this or that country and it is more free oh except you can't have guns and the government happens to be a dictatorship but they leave you alone etc... No other country has the culture of and traditions of freedom America has and we want to fix it not move into some 3rd world crap hole and hope the dictator leaves us alone... When the SHTF world wide who do you think the natives of those countries will target for food etc? Yep the supposed rich Americans...

edit on 7-11-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleFluffyCloud

Welcome to ATS!

Actually, its not about optimism. Its about being you. If you are the kind of person that tries to enlighten people, then you really are a more caring person. You are willing to risk their disdain because you can see their ignorance or stubbornness and it bothers you. It bothers you to let them be uninformed. Thats so much better than the other kind of person who remains selfish or the kind even helps keep people down. Of course there is a fine line between helping and bothering. Just plant the seed. Maybe water it once in a while. Gently...

You care. I salute you.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

If you you didn't vote.... you're just LAZY.

If voting is all you do then that is lazy. I get your wanting to help. I respect that. Thinking voting is going to change the direction this country is taking (at this point) is ignorant. I been around long enough to realize that despite voting for or against a bill about this or that, this really only staves off the inevitable enactment of the policy or whatever the politicians are trying to implement anyway.

Measures on ballots are introduced because at first they give you a chance to vote on it, but really they will eventually do it anyway regardless of the voter results. Take gun control for instance. Over the decades the government has stopped even asking for people to vote on it. Now they just slowly steadily erode the constitution despite what anyone thinks about that or any other issue. Tell me that isn't so?

Tell me that the vote for president yesterday has or is going to change any direction this country is headed? It should be obvious for all to see. When Obama was elected to office the first time, it was because people wanted "change they could believe in" from the wars and economical plight of the "Bush Era". But what change did we get? Now the promise of more of the same is guaranteed by the slogan...

FORWARD

Americans just voted for more of the same. They had no choice really. The outcome would have only been different in the name and face of who sits in the Presidents office.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

I mean what in the hell!? I feel like this site has turned into a CNN message board.

Not if you keep saying what you just did in that post. Thats the difference between ATS (or the internet) nowadays and yesteryear where the only input you had was CNN, newspapers and what you told your friends and family.

So don't stop being the difference.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

I would just like to tell you that if you are "out of step with the world", then that is a good thing IMO.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

IG FARBEN and Standard Oil have been calling the shots since 1913
Nazis didnt lose the war they simply moved and opened shop under a new name
Nazis will never be found because it is too scandalous to think of,, they hide behind ashke-nazi. Its a no brainer.

There is absolutely no mistake
Obama sounds like Osama
His middle name is Hussein the last name of the lat Iraqi president
and Barak means lightning in arabic.
Knights of Jerusalem and the Hisham Arabic assassins or Maji allied

Fascinating to watch people eat up a delusion and swallow it whole as if they have been starving to death for years.

The only reason people like us can see it is because we are of the true royal bloodlines more superior than the commoner, the elite, and heavenly hosts and principalities of this age.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

You're right..... simply just voting is not enough.... people need to be involved in their local communities.

Tell me that the vote for president yesterday has or is going to change any direction this country is headed?

I agree that for positions such as POTUS are highly influenced by power, money, and corruption, and it's difficult to see change in that area.

BUT...that doesn't mean you don't vote.

There is a lot more to vote for than just POTUS ..... Colorado and Washington just voted to make Pot legal for recreational use.

That would not have happened if people did not get off their asses and vote.

I'm not going to budge on this.... voting DOES matter and it DOES help.

If you didn't vote...you're ignorant and/or lazy.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Finally! a thread regarding US politics I can agree with.

It's all a big show and your votes really count for nothing.

Those who believe change is coming, it surely will, but not the good kind.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Actually, voting is the problem.

Or, at least, a major symptom of the problem.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
reply to post by intrptr

You're right..... simply just voting is not enough.... people need to be involved in their local communities.

Tell me that the vote for president yesterday has or is going to change any direction this country is headed?

I agree that for positions such as POTUS are highly influenced by power, money, and corruption, and it's difficult to see change in that area.

BUT...that doesn't mean you don't vote.

There is a lot more to vote for than just POTUS ..... Colorado and Washington just voted to make Pot legal for recreational use.

That would not have happened if people did not get off their asses and vote.

I'm not going to budge on this.... voting DOES matter and it DOES help.

If you didn't vote...you're ignorant and/or lazy.

I care more about Colorado and Washington voting for legal weed than which puppet emperor goldman sachs selected for us.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
I wonder how far up the ladder the deception goes.
Do you think that even the president and candidates themselves think it's real?

maybe up until they ARE elected and then this happens.

Just listen to the fist minute and 10 seconds. Or the whole thing, but really only the first couple minutes is what I was looking for.
edit on 7-11-2012 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I am a conservative that has always believed in voting, but I am starting to succumb to the inevitable truth that it is all a charade. I no longer believe in the system that created a nation of people that are getting progressively less educated. I no longer believe in the integrity of the voting system. I may never vote again, at the ballot box. I think the better course is to vote with your pocketbook. I will no longer support people or businesses that support the status quo. By support, I mean monetarily, if it is a business. If it is a social interaction, I will terminate it. Let them get along without our participation. Shop at businesses and support people that reinforce your ideals.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Nice post OP!

For those who don't seem to "get it" yet watch this short animated film.

Plato lets Socrates describe a group of people who have lived chained to the wall of a cave all of their lives, facing a blank wall. The people watch shadows projected on the wall by things passing in front of a fire behind them, and begin to ascribe forms to these shadows. According to Plato's Socrates, the shadows are as close as the prisoners get to viewing reality. He then explains how the philosopher is like a prisoner who is freed from the cave and comes to understand that the shadows on the wall do not make up reality at all, as he can perceive the true form of reality rather than the mere shadows seen by the prisoners.

SOURCE

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I starred your post, because I understand where you're coming from. I even partially agree. I just don't think we'll ever get there until the people of this country unite, and hold the present system accountable by withdrawing their consent, and issuing an ultimatum along with it.

But I don't see that happening in our lifetime.

See you around the forums.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
about the only way to get back the country is to scrap the privately owned unfed b.s bank and not just of the u.s although it is the head of the beast.
qe3 to infinity - still waiting to hear that my mortgage has been paid.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Great points for sure. I've had talks with people at work about all this stuff. They throw the word "conspiracy" around, because that's what the media has taught them... taught them they ought not really question. It's as Carlin and Hicks told us, we have Owners. The elite inter-connected, multi-generational, robber baron families and their business interests run the show, they always have.

They don't need to fake the elections if they own everything, including both "candidates." The oligarchy gives us two oligarch tested, oligarch approved "choices," yet people continue to fall for the charade.

The History Channel has been airing a show about the industrialists, "The Men Who Made America" or some crap. Folks I work with mentioned how Ford, Rockefeller, DuPont and others had connections to the Rothschilds, and yet they don't see how if the Rothschilds financed virtually everything in our infrastructure: Oil, Energy, Banking, Steel, Transportation etc. etc. that how can people not clearly see who STILL owns us. It appears our industrialists were bag men for the elite European bankers i.e. J.P. Morgan. There is only one party: The Business Party.

Ah, that's enough ranting haha

"The elite ruling class wants us asleep so we’ll remain a docile apathetic herd of passive consumers, and non- participants in the true agenda of our governments- which is to keep us separate, and present an image of a world filled with unresolvable problems, that they, and only they, might one day, somewhere in the never-arriving future, be able to solve. just stay asleep, America, keep watching TV."
-Bill hicks

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
For your eyes only?

I like it.

This is sweet.

I'm sure many would agree.
As a Mother to a child.
As a ripple in the fabric of time.
It could matter as matter is only temporal.
What do you think?

edit on 7-11-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join