It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Amazing How Many Believe The Political Theater is Real...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Love the George Carlin video, The American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Could not agree more. All our political system is...Is life long theatre, we the populace are the "character actors" Who do not get paid nor top billing. But we the character actors keep the theatre rolling in profits. It all is bought and sold and we don't have a say.

As I write this reply, im listening to CNN talk about the Empire State building's lighting for tonight. Theatre, that's all it is.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This just about sums the election up.
reply to post by hawkiye

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I agree 100 % i like to tell people that Voting For Obama Or Romney is allot like voting for what pile of sh^T smells worse ..

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I agree, it's like boxing or wrestling, a power trip.
I think www.thrivemovement.com does a pretty good job at explaining stuff, BUT don't get too hung up thinking aliens are going to save us, because they aren't.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think obama and romney should split the presidency, obama can take mon and wednesday, and every other friday.... romney takes tuesdays and thursdays and every other friday.... The election is that close, and it don't matter who wins both of them are useless..... Might as well just let em both have it.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I wonder how far up the ladder the deception goes.
Do you think that even the president and candidates themselves think it's real?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by HAARPwatcher
reply to post by hawkiye

That is a great cartoon!

edit on 6-11-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
what do you mean its not real? Well , anyways this christmas i asked santa for a real president.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina

I've wondered this same thing before. I believe they use blackmail and bribery to weed out potentials and then groom them to believe they will win. Best way to maintain the illusion is to have actors who believe in their roles.

On the other side though if we as outsiders can see through the flimsy veneer I'm sure an insider would have to have a clearer picture of things.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina

That's a good question.
I'd have to guess that the candidates know it's fake. And there's probably a few members of the house and senate that know....but there's no doubt quite a few congressmen have no idea and actually believe the BS.

I do think Paul Ryan believes it's real. But Romney, Obama and Biden know.
edit on 6-11-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

They seem to set up situations that are hilarious when you know the truth.
Noticed how they like to talk about how smart Ryan is? It's because he's actually in the dark and they're mocking him.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

what do you mean its not real? Well , anyways this christmas i asked Santa for a real president.

Exactly. We are force fed from early on. Santa, the Easter Bunny, Superman...

In the beginning there was truth. And it was dashed for the first time in our little minds by Saint Fat Man who lives in ice, rides a sleigh and brings us presents. The first trauma to our soul is the reveal that Santa is not real. What a blow. Our world and its God are dashed. Why do parents do that to little kids?

Later we learn that all these icons and heroes are fantasy. By the time we grow up we don't care anymore. Shove a new savior down our throat, we eagerly jump and cheer.

I liken the presidential race to a late night talk show. Like Johnny Carson for instance. The time to attend comes, we turn on the TV, the lights go up and everyone cheers as the "host" (a figure head) struts onto stage and entertains us with flash and style under glittering lights. We eat it up. But it is all a carefully orchestrated play from script. Its "The Johnny Carson Show" but really its not about him. It's the propaganda, the indoctrination and the advertising.

Same with politicians who "run for office" in elections. They are MC's, hosts, showmen to tittle our palates and make us feel good about our selves. The media carefully constructs the "show" under glittering lights.

Like calling a race horse... " And now their down the home stretch! Its neck and neck! Who will win? We fall off our chairs.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by HAARPwatcher
reply to post by hawkiye

That is a great cartoon!

edit on 6-11-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

Vote lion.

Lion will fix the deficit. But Wolf is tough on terror.

There are some dangers involved...

Its totally rigged. Like WWE or boxing. I still wonder why people think this is real.

Its fake.
edit on 6-11-2012 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The bias media will cause Obama to win.The electoral college vote is being abused and has become bad for these days and exposed to much.Was good for its time and day.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
.I voted for the first time 4 yrs ago at 57 because i have never had a interest in the game of politics..I only voted because i fell for the Obama is our savior illusion...Well its not happening again..I see it ALL for what it is as a clear as a stary night sky and am blown away others don't see it..People have tried to shame me for not voting to..Oh well i am so ok with my it!.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Exactly, and this election just meant what?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePhilosopherKingSirPlus

It meant that Romney will project a subtext that says, "you owe the banksters whatever the congress says you do"

Obama projected "more government is more better"

Great thread. It reminds me of the first time I heard Rollye James, Allan Watt, or Alex Jones. That feeling that you're not alone.

I was wrong, They don't need Romney to get all of their money.

edit on 6-11-2012 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2012 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
It really does blow you away..

It shows you how dull and gullible people are.

I also think there is something else going on here..

There is a sort of fear and denial going on.. like deep inside, they see something wrong but it is much easier on their psyche if they choose to believe its all true and go along with it. To accept the truth is too devastating, and to take that position is too socially difficult, so there is a denial.

There is also the factor of going along with something (whether consciously or unconsciously) because they feel there is something in it for them. For example, many may know deep inside that the middle east wars are an offensive act of acquisition, however they will go along with the outward display (or 'act') and the *deceptive show* that it is for our freedom because they feel that there is something in it for them. i.e. it is to their advantage.
edit on 6-11-2012 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Its like Wrestling, Its entertainment. Well a teeny bit more important but scripted none the less.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nOraKat

Its rigged.

Bilderberg selected him months ago. This is a sideshow and bread and circus.

Stop putting your faith in "leaders" statists.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join