It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expanding Earth theory could mean increasing gravity?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Well since the Only thing that exists is energy, than it follows that IF there were an infinite, eternal God, than it would be composed of energy. Which makes sense semantically because the word God is defined as occupying all localities omnipresence, contains all bits of info omniscient, and contains all power omnipotent .

There are no recorded observations of energy being created or destroyed, so yes in a basic philosophical. sense, God = Energy.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

what utter twaddle

i explained exactly why any alledged increase in gravity has nothing to do with the OPs condition

further - i made no accusation of insanity towards the OP

try reading my post again - and actually understanding what is written

but as you insist that i am " uncivilised " - i will state that you are insane - and further are incapable of comprehending basic english

as for your " explaination " - it mostly agrees with what i stated - go figure

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

There is nothing for me to talk out of.

Check my quote closely, I said ' size ' increases, not ' mass '.

Dont make me call in Phage lol.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

further - i made no accusation of insanity towards the OP

Yes... quite right.

I guess I read into what you wrote in the beginning more than I should have, My apologies.

but as you insist that i am " uncivilised " - i will state that you are insane - and further are incapable of comprehending basic english

Well, for the moment, It would appear that I did misread what you wrote.

Fair enough

as for your " explaination " - it mostly agrees with what i stated - go figure

Yes.... indeed it does.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

There is nothing for me to talk out of.

Check my quote closely, I said ' size ' increases, not ' mass '.

Are you saying that you are arguing against the earth blowing up like a balloon?

Dont make me call in Phage lol.

Lol, it's not like he's any good at arguing.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

To blow up a balloon, one must have an outside force putting additional material inside of it in order to ' blow it up' . With the Earth, no one is blowing it up, the minute amount of accretion will not be sufficient to achieve noticeable differentiations. So its nothing like a balloon, its a poor analogy .

Also I didn't mention Phage because he can argue, but instead because he knows basic physics and can easily settle the dispute.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Also about natural accretion of meteors, etc; keep in mind we are a space faring civilization now, this means the opposite effect, anti accretion, is also occurring slowly. All of the probes we send out beyond Earth gravity escape permanently.

In time as our space programs increase, anti accretion will increase and eventually catch up with and overtake natural accretion. In theory.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by ignorant_ape

although i cannot make a diagnosis of what is actually wrong with you

I find your reply to OP's question to be wholly without merit, cause, or purpose.... and furthermore, to be uncivilized.

OP asked a simple, straightforward question, and you accuse them of having a mental illness?

You need to take a step backwards and re-examine your life, because you are failing at it poorly.

YES, the gravity of the earth is increasing.

Explained in my next post.

No it's YOU being stupid the OP said he had a joint problem hence the comment

"although i cannot make a diagnosis of what is actually wrong with you"

It seems that if anyone answers an OP an doesn't agree with them they are being rude or aggressive why don't you take a chill pill or just stfu altogether!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

To blow up a balloon, one must have an outside force putting additional material inside of it in order to ' blow it up' . With the Earth, no one is blowing it up, the minute amount of accretion will not be sufficient to achieve noticeable differentiations. So its nothing like a balloon, its a poor analogy .

But you were stating that the earth would increase in size, without increasing in mass?

I don't recall OP stating anything about hollow earth theory, so why would you talk about an increase in size without an increase in mass?

Also I didn't mention Phage because he can argue, but instead because he knows basic physics and can easily settle the dispute.

It seems that our point of contention is not based on physics.
edit on 6-11-2012 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

It seems that if anyone answers an OP an doesn't agree with them they are being rude or aggressive why don't you take a chill pill or just stfu altogether!

Already addressed it...

See: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

Already addressed it...

See: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes and well done star for you ,please don't think the worst of everyone because they don't agree with the OP or you thats what makes this place interesting!!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

please don't think the worst of everyone because they don't agree with the OP or you

Nope... I just jumped the gun.

Sleep... need sleep.... lol

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Ok please go wiki the planet Saturn. its extremely large in size but its mass is incredibly low compared to other Jovian planets of similar size. Very low density.

So due to density, you can have the same mass occupy different sizes.

Like a sponge, it never changes mass but I can condense it by squishing it. Two different sizes, same material amount.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Ok please go wiki the planet Saturn. its extremely large in size but its mass is incredibly low compared to other Jovian planets of similar size. Very low density.

Where is the surface of Saturn?

So due to density, you can have the same mass occupy different sizes.

Are you implying that the earth is a giant balloon?

Or is that just what you have decided to argue against?
edit on 6-11-2012 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

We know how to transform the energy of an atom into a powerful bomb - increasing the potential of that energy - is this not creating energy?

A bomb releases the energy that is already contained within the atom(s). From lump of metal to incandescent cloud may look like a creation, but really we "create" nothing. Rather we destroy...

We "harness" that energy to kill.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Ahhh that's what it is. I thought I was just getting older and that's why I couldn't get off the couch... it's the gravity.

That is massive. We are born weighing less than 10 pounds and by adulthood we are over ten times heavier. So yah, our mass increasingly gets in our way.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Hi muzzleflash. Glad to see you shooting up the country side. I missed your broadsides.

You are correct mankind does not yet fully understand the nature of gravity,

Ahh, I disagree. I am fully aware of the gravity of my situation.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Europe's GOCE satellite flying right now was meant to measure earths gravity all around our planet.

There are regions with weaker gravity and regions with stronger gravity. Earth looks like a long weird potato according to their data, when viewed as where gravity is stronger or weaker.

In the last 100 years we've burned over a Trillion Trillion gallons of crude oil and natural gasses pulled from the earth. We've removed over a quadrillion pounds from this spinning ball and the few rocks and dust falling from space ain't covered the mass we've removed from the planet. By burning it off.

You are feeling your joint pain mainly from the energy pelting earth right now. Old people can feel storms coming long before the storms arrive. We've learned that these storms are events where the highly charged particles in the radiation belts are released onto the atmosphere.

The tethered satellites America now has in orbit could be used to tap into the highly charged particles in the radiation belts and release them over countries......giving their bodies some hurting to slow them down. Or worse. That's why many nations protested in the 80s when the US was tethering satellites with the space shuttles...they knew it was a weapon.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Earth's size continues to grow and with it, so does it's gravity. There is plasma at Earth's centre that creates matter from energy. The more energy that reaches Earth's core from the Sun, the more Earth expands. At the time of the dinosaurs, a number of them were very tall, over 40 feet. They were able to get blood to their head brain because gravity was much lower on Earth at that time. Today the tallest land animal is the giraffe and it never exceeds 17 feet. An 18 foot giraffe would pass out and fall down due to gravity being too great for it's heart to overcome. This was not the case with say a Brontosaurus, even though it was over 40 feet high. The efficiency and head capacity of a heart, can only stand so much demand for lift and then it stops lifting the blood, at least to the highest elevated point. Scientists are well aware that the Earth is growing and studies have been done to assess the rate. Other celestial bodies also grow, like the planets and Moon. Aliens from big planets tend to be small to adjust to the high gravity. Beings can adjust because planet growth rate is slow. Tall dinosaurs could not exist on Earth today.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by PerviusIn the last 100 years we've burned over a Trillion Trillion gallons of crude oil and natural gasses pulled from the earth. We've removed over a quadrillion pounds from this spinning ball and the few rocks and dust falling from space ain't covered the mass we've removed from the planet. By burning it off.
Mass doesn't disappear when you burn something. For instance, if you burn methane (CH4) by combining it with oxygen in the atmosphere (O2), you get carbon dioxide (CO2) and water (H2O), as expressed by the following reaction:

CH4 + 2 O2 → CO2 + 2 H2O + energy

Note that you start with 1 carbon atom, 4 hydrogen atoms, and 4 oxygen atoms. You end up with the same number of atoms, hence, the same mass.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join