It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why electricity flows

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Ok, i dont think ive seen those videos,, i have seen the classic one of feynman describing how there is a limit to what we know about what magnetism is and beyond that point we have to just say.. because...
but i will check these for sure.....

let me put it this way...

what about the universe truly intrigues and fascinates you? what are you perplexed and bewildered by? what do you think of the universe, its laws, mechanics, properties, functions? what are you must interested in about it, ( i guess physics related) what are you really curious about regarding the universe?
just because there is a limit regarding what we currently know about magnetism does that mean the truth of magnetism, what it is, does not exist? it is pointless to further think or speculate about what it can be and how it can fit into the universe laws and mechanics?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
just because there is a limit regarding what we currently know about magnetism does that mean the truth of magnetism, what it is, does not exist? it is pointless to further think or speculate about what it can be and how it can fit into the universe laws and mechanics?
I've said it twice already, maybe the third time will sink in.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is exactly what is happening with the magnetic monopole hypothesis, which like any good science, involves searching for proof of what is hypothesized, in this case, the magnetic monopole.

But this, on the other hand, is pointless speculation based on Leedskalnin's idiocy:

Leedskalnin's PMH: Double Helical Magnetic Interaction

Discovering the magnetic monopole may advance the science of magnetism. Spinning a couple of springs, as seen in that video, won't.

reply to post by buddhasystem

Feynmann makes reference to how the universe looks to human beings who have tried as hard as they can to understand it.

One thing I have observed is that some human beings try harder than others in this endeavor.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
In the following documentary about the history of electricity there is a section that is talking about the 1850s when land-based telegraph wires were established but not yet a working transatlantic cable, and there was a project to connect Newfoundland with southeast Ireland. The video has annotations showing the narration. Starting at 1:18:08, there is information that made me think of this thread:

Over the next few days, several hundred messages were exchanged, but those arriving in Newfoundland became almost impossible to decipher - just a jumbled mess of dots and dashes. There was a serious problem with the cable and it was getting worse. Well, the 1858 cable was never fully repaired, and the end finally came when British engineer Wildman Whitehouse mistakenly believed that by increasing the signal voltage he could force the messages through to Newfoundland. The cable simply stopped working altogether.

At the time, increasing voltage by using more powerful batteries made sense. Most experts believed electric current flowed through a cable, like a fluid in a pipe. Increasing the voltage was the equivalent of increasing the pressure in the system - forcing the current through to the other end. But the telegraph was actually carrying pulses, or ripples of currents along the cable, not a continuous stream. . . .

By studying the effectiveness of underwater cabling, scientists were beginning to understand that electric current didn't always flow like water, but was also creating invisible electromagnetic waves, or ripples.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

By the way I hope you noticed that the animation in that clip, where they try to depict the motion of the electric current, is woefully inadequate. And the reason the first cable stopped working is most likely a short circuit somewhere which effectively fried it (imho). But a good post and good link to history!

By the way, Oliver Heaviside, the genius much maligned by all sort of woo-woos and kooks for allegedly falsifying some sort of "Pure Maxwell" theory, must be given a lot of credit for actually making the transatlantic telegraph work! What a genius.

Telegrapher's Equations

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Eric Dollard explains things. I don't know if every single thing he says is supported though, so be careful.

Theory of Anti-Relativity:

www.youtube.com...

Origins of Energy Synthesis:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
And I posted my own experiments here:

lunaticoutpost.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Windevoid

I just found support for some of the stuff Eric says.

Wikipedia knows some things about the guys Eric talks about, but on this website is an excerpt from a book about Steinmetz:

www.conspiracy.co...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I found a place to both read Steinmetz's works and to look at some other scientists and inventors of electricity theory and electrical equipment.

research.borderlands.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Windevoid

I got somebody telling me the device was actually a 1k ohm thermistor. Thing is, the resistance doesn't seem to affect volts and amps. Even for the normal resistor. Maybe the multimeter is messing up. No, I think it's still working right.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join