It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why electricity flows

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Ah, yes, Ed Leedskalnin. One of The Giants.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by Mary Rose

Send a dollar by return mail and you will get an eight thousand word booklet, postpaid, and in addition you will get a folder describing what is mineral, vegetable and animal life, and a drawing of a perpetual motion holder.
It includes "a drawing of a perpetual motion holder". Sounds legit.

Anyone who wants to see the drawing, scroll about halfway down this page:

www.rexresearch.com...

Don't try holding your perpetual motion without it.

Indeed. On same page the amazed public will also find the following revelation:

Those magnets which are coming form the sun are hitting their own kind of magnets which are circulating around the earth and they hit more on the East side than on the West side, and that is what makes the earth turn around.

It takes an incredibly stupid person to take this remotely seriously.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

what is causing the earths rotation?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Inertia. It was spinning to begin with, and there's no reason for it to slow down - much. Some rotational energy is lost to tidal forces with the Sun and moon.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

There you go with your ridicule/name-calling again. A sign of weakness, again.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

The builder of the Coral Castle Ed Leedskalnin apparently posted an Advertisement in The Miami Daily News in 1945 with some very interesting statements about the electron.

I got the idea to post Leedskalnin's statements about the electron from the website leedskalnin.com, which is put together by a person by the name of Matt Emery, a researcher who is working on various projects. Emery believes we have a magnetic universe. On his YouTube channel, he states:

About Magnetic Universe

Double Helical Magnetic Interaction as described by Edward Leedskalnin.

Here is a description from one of his videos:

Uploaded by MagneticUniverse on Nov 26, 2009

Double Helical Magnetic Interaction: Man Made AC. Copyright © 2012, Unipole Theory by Matt Emery. 40359

Animations by www.beingstudios.com... 3D Animation + Motion Graphics

Note: polarity is determined by direction of forward movement making the individual magnets unipolar as opposed to dipolar.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I think that anyone who admits that there is a stream of miniature magnets coming from the Sun, hitting one side of our planet more than the other, and causing it to rotate, is weak. Like in mentally weak. Like in need of psychiatric care. Here, I go on record saying that this is completely, definitively and evidently, such a pile of nonsense that it takes a retard to assign any significance to this sort of crap.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Inertia. It was spinning to begin with, and there's no reason for it to slow down - much. Some rotational energy is lost to tidal forces with the Sun and moon.

why was it spinning to begin with?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

I think that anyone who admits that there is a stream of miniature magnets coming from the Sun, hitting one side of our planet more than the other, and causing it to rotate, is weak. Like in mentally weak. Like in need of psychiatric care. Here, I go on record saying that this is completely, definitively and evidently, such a pile of nonsense that it takes a retard to assign any significance to this sort of crap.

what do you think of him calling charged particles mini magnets? ( if that is what he was referring too)

what do you think magnetism is? and why do you think it occurs?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

From johnbedini.net:

. . . Tesla's Discovery and Application of Radiant Energy

Of all the great inventions and discoveries of Nikola Tesla, nothing stood out with greater potential benefit to the whole of humanity than his discovery of Radiant Energy in 1889. The series of observations that led to the discovery of Radiant energy initially grew out of experiments that Tesla had conducted in an attempt to duplicate the results that Heinrich Hertz had claimed to achieve in affirming the existence of electromagnetic waves, the discovery of which Hertz announced in 1887. . . .

In my opinion, everything electrical engineers think they know about electricity should be re-evaluated, if they want to truly be experts in the field.

Continuing:

Hertz Waves

. . . Hertz was uninterested in the practical importance of his experiments. He stated that "It's of no use whatsoever ... this is just an experiment that proves Maestro Maxwell was right - we just have these mysterious electromagnetic waves that we cannot see with the naked eye. But they are there."[3] Asked about the ramifications of his discoveries, Hertz replied, "Nothing, I guess." Hertz also stated, "I do not think that the wireless waves I have discovered will have any practical application." . . .

Maxwell's Equations

Using mathematical models, James Clerk Maxwell had earlier suggested that two different types of electrical disturbances could possibly exist in Nature. One type was a longitudinal electric wave which required alternating concentrations of densified and rarefied pulsations of electrostatic fields that moved along a single vector (today, we refer to these as standing waves or scalar waves). Maxwell ultimately rejected this idea because he was convinced that this type of wave propagation was impossible to achieve, but his assumption was erroneous and would later portend formidable consequences for Tesla and the world at large. . . .

Tesla discovered a fundamental flaw in Hertz's experiment: Hertz had failed to take into account he presence of air in his experiments. Hertz had mistakenly identified electrostatic inductions or electrified shockwaves as true electromagnetic waves. Tesla was saddened to bring this news to the distinguished academician, but felt scientific honesty was paramount if progress was to be achieved. Tesla visited Hertz in Germany and personally demonstrated the experimental error to him. Hertz agreed with Tesla and had planned to withdraw his claim, but reputations, political agendas, national pride, and above all, powerful financial interests, intervened in that decision and set the stage for a major rift in the 'accepted' theories that soon became transformed into the fundamental "laws" of the electric sciences that have held sway in industry and the halls of academia to the present day.

Doing research for my “Dr. Semir Osmanagic Regarding Pyramids Found All Over the World” thread, I’m fascinated to have pulled up this 12 page .pdf file: “Pyramids - guardians of primary cosmic vibration of the local densities” by an independent researcher from Serbia:

Abstract :

The intention of this paper is to point to an interesting relationship and possible global link between pyramidal structures and Tesla’s Non-Hertzian waves. . . .

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
what do you think of him calling charged particles mini magnets? ( if that is what he was referring too)

Why do you think he's referring to charged particles to mini magnets? I've read a few pages of his writings and there is not reason to assume he does.

This is our Universe, and we discovered that in it, there is the magnetic field. What's more, we found that the reality we live in, and specifically the E&M part of it, appears to be described by the Maxwell's equations. They work. The reason that you are reading this is just that. When we find somthing that doesn't fit, rest assured we'll revisit this. Until then, it's fruitless to talk about that.

I can't explain to you why gravity exists. You may want to meditate and speak to God, or any other divinity of your liking, and hope you will get the answer. In that, I admit I'm equal to the woo-woos (richly represented on ATS, and in this thread) who proclaim the magic of orgone, or free energy out of a soda bottle. I simply don't know why the magnetic field exists. It's safe to say nobody does. The difference between me and the woo-woos is that gravity exists (i.e. try stepping our of a 40th floor window), and that the New Age crap does not (i.e. there is no free energy coming out of a soda bottle).

edit on 17-11-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Why do you think he's referring to charged particles to mini magnets? I've read a few pages of his writings and there is not reason to assume he does.

This is our Universe, and we discovered that in it, there is the magnetic field. What's more, we found that the reality we live in, and specifically the E&M part of it, appears to be described by the Maxwell's equations. They work. The reason that you are reading this is just that. When we find somthing that doesn't fit, rest assured we'll revisit this. Until then, it's fruitless to talk about that.

I can't explain to you why gravity exists. You may want to meditate and speak to God, or any other divinity of your liking, and hope you will get the answer. In that, I admit I'm equal to the woo-woos (richly represented on ATS, and in this thread) who proclaim the magic of orgone, or free energy out of a soda bottle. I simply don't know why the magnetic field exists. It's safe to say nobody does. The difference between me and the woo-woos is that gravity exists (i.e. try stepping our of a 40th floor window), and that the New Age crap does not (i.e. there is no free energy coming out of a soda bottle).

edit on 17-11-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

I think mary rose posted a quote,, that was something to the extent of "magnetic materials" being "full of many mini magnets" which is why they work.....

im wondering,, what makes the material magnetic.... does it have to do with positive and negative charge? or electrons are only negative charge so does it not have to do with + or - charge,, but with the alignment of electrons.., and when the electrons are aligned in a material so that that material is "magnetic".... for the material there is a top and bottom,, a north a south,,, and for it to be magnet the electrons are aligned in a manner relative to this north and south.... following the idea that a magnetic material is full of many mini magnets.... perhaps magnetism is the mini magnets,, or electrons,, being repelled from the center of the material,, pushed out the ends,, and attracted to the opposite end/pole .... because the top north electron as a magnet once exiting the material would be attracted to the south side bottom electrons.....

or do magnetic fields exist without electrons leaving the material?

What are magnetic fields made of?

what is the process that causes 2 magnets to physically attract?

I hope you at least take an honest shot at all my questions,, and not just put me and others down....
edit on 17-11-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

The OP started a separate thread on magnetism, that may be a more on-topic place to discuss magnetism:

Magnetism, Magnetic Fields and what are they?

This thread is "Why electricity flows" so all the magnetism questions might be better suited to the magnetism thread. As I already said, part of the answer lies in whether or not the hypothesized magnetic monopole actually exists or not...I'm doubtful that it does, but I can't prove it doesn't. So far the closest discovery is monopole-like quasi-particles in condensed matter, but this is not the hypothetical monopole being sought.

Rotations and orbits seem to be by-products of the way gravity pulls mass together. This has been modeled and planets should have some modest rotation even without major collisions, and most of our solar system's planets do rotate in the same direction, with perhaps 2 exceptions. Nobody knows for sure exactly how all the planets got their exact rotation, but the most popular answer is that solar system formation is a chaotic process so in addition to natural rotations caused by gravity, there are also many collisions of proto-planets, of which there may have been as many as a hundred. It's hypothesized one of these popularly called "Thea" struck the proto-Earth off-center, knocked a fair bit of crust off and gave it some rotation (faster than it now rotates, it's been slowing down), and the crust that was knocked off and the remnants of Thea formed the moon. There's evidence for this hypothesis in analysis of the moon rocks and computer modeling, though I'd say it falls short of proof, but it's a much better hypothesis than Leedskalnin's idea, which doesn't even make sense applying the natural laws we know.

These proto-planet collisions might also explain anomalies like Venus rotating backwards or Uranus rotating on its side. Here's a computer model of a solar system formation (not ours) showing proto-planet collisions, just to give you an idea of how chaotic an early solar system is thought to be:

Planetary System Formation Simulation (200 AU View)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

The short answer: conservation of angular momentum - the original dust/hydrogen cloud was rotating. The spin is conserved.

The long answer: this is a fairly good link

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Single vector higher order (notice the location in which these pierce the torus):

The "snap-to" guides and piezoelectric effect of reality.

System of Truth

edit on 19-11-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist
System of Truth

OK, let's take a looksie:

From top to bottom you'll find the same model. The model... A torus formed out of some very basic math (1-9). Basically behind the scenes are donut shapes creating vortices. Black holes directed into white holes. With the elasticity of the torus magnetic currents or tentacles stretch out as a product of the vortices creating defined patterns. The two magnetic currents are the fabric of what is holding everything together in our Universe including the atoms themselves. Development or growth in nature is by means of magnetic centripetal and centrifugal forces of these two individual currents and the vector-based structures which continuously take shape. I've incorporated both physics and philosophy into my research now.

Jesus H Christ that's some very thick word soup right there... Tentacles.. Magnetic currents... All from top to bottom... Of course you need to call this nonsense "research", makes you feel good, dunnit?

One interesting topic to research is graphomania.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Jesus H Christ that's some very thick word soup right there... Tentacles.. Magnetic currents... All from top to bottom... Of course you need to call this nonsense "research", makes you feel good, dunnit?

I'm sure "doughnut" and "black holes" are not above your limit of comprehension, mate.

I saw worse in physics papers at ArXiv.
edit on 19-11-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

I'm sure "doughnut" and "black holes" are not above your limit of comprehension, mate.

Not when they come as particulate matter in that disgusting stream of verbal diarrhea.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

System of Truth

OK, let's take a looksie:

From top to bottom you'll find the same model. The model... A torus formed out of some very basic math (1-9). Basically behind the scenes are donut shapes creating vortices. Black holes directed into white holes. With the elasticity of the torus magnetic currents or tentacles stretch out as a product of the vortices creating defined patterns. The two magnetic currents are the fabric of what is holding everything together in our Universe including the atoms themselves. Development or growth in nature is by means of magnetic centripetal and centrifugal forces of these two individual currents and the vector-based structures which continuously take shape. I've incorporated both physics and philosophy into my research now.

One interesting topic to research is graphomania.

Right from the beginning I would have to take on a "general purpose" audience. Spiral arms (the grooves) tend to resemble... You might have guessed it - tentacles. Magnetic currents denote movement/ spin. Top to bottom... I linked to an illustration of M4, the fourth iteration of the construction process - Menger Sponge.

I'm not a Jesus freak, but I could get pretty freaky like when James Brown sings - "HEY!!"

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Right from the beginning I would have to take on a "general purpose" audience.

I think you are mixing "general purpose" with "those who have forsaken critical thinking and thinking in general". You see,

Spiral arms (the grooves) tend to resemble... You might have guessed it - tentacles.

...what? I've observed octopi and while they curl their tentacles once in a while, they don't wrap them around their bodies in spiral pattern (like what you observe in some galaxies).

Magnetic currents denote movement/ spin.

Movement and spin are different entities, and you didn't even bother to explain what the "magnetic current" is. But thanks for an object lesson on what graphomania may look like.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join