It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sounds in the sky? Raleigh, NC Edition.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
So bout 10 mins ago I heard these noises that sounded like dinosaur rawrs or something odd it was def loud like coming from outside possibly the sky. I decided to go check it out and I heard a different noise, i constant noise like an aircraft just hovering above somewhere. I can't say if it was an aircraft or not though cause all I seen in the sky were stars and the moon. Soon afterwards though like 2 mins ago I heard jets fly by I think. I think something strange is going on around here. I wish I had good audio recording equipment to show you guys but I don't. I guess all you can do is take my word for it.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Well, nice description. Shame about the lack of cameras in your house.

Good luck

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Do you have anything at all? A cell phone? How about a microphone laying around from an old sound card or your computer? They all seem to come with the little throw away plastic stick mics these days. Anything would work. If it's the same type as others have recorded, you aren't even hearing the most important parts to look at later anyway....so I wouldn't assume cheap stuff wouldn't record it. Got ANY cheap stuff? You're the second one I've seen in a week talk about this.....after apparent silence for a good long time

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Do you have anything at all? A cell phone? How about a microphone laying around from an old sound card or your computer? They all seem to come with the little throw away plastic stick mics these days. Anything would work. If it's the same type as others have recorded, you aren't even hearing the most important parts to look at later anyway....so I wouldn't assume cheap stuff wouldn't record it. Got ANY cheap stuff? You're the second one I've seen in a week talk about this.....after apparent silence for a good long time
I wish I did but I don't have anything. The sound is probably gone by now anyways. its been well over an hour since I heard it. I just wonder if today being election day has anything to do with it.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

That could very well be, actually. The best cases I consider from what I've collected info on going back to the summer before last were before the U.N General Assembly in New York City. End of September, 2011. Those were reported by members right here on ATS and from inside New York City proper. Middle of the night...but everything matched. The vibration, which people describe as feeling more than hearing the 'noise', the nature of the noise itself and the time frame with very slow but steady shift in another direction away.

That example (2 reports as I recall from the same event) was over some of the most secure and heavily monitored airspace on Planet Earth. Recall, at the time, General Assembly was happening which meant every major world leader was in New York at the time. ..........so just how would a UFO be there, slowly hovering past the city as if it were a Sunday stroll through a park?

...........unless people aren't hearing UFO's.
Thanks for reporting what you heard and I hope everyone else who DOES hear one, posts it with as much detail as humanly possible. If this crap is starting up again I sure want to get enough data to track paths and patterns this time.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well I'm glad I can be of help then. I know what I heard though so people can try to derail the thread all they want but I am sticking to my story no matter who tries.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

It wouldn't derail too far... Your FAR from alone. I see names posting today in fact, that I also recall talking about hearing the sounds themselves. One comes to mind as having been a serious skeptic....until he heard it himself and experienced what hd seemed impossible.

Sadly...for me..I've never heard them personally. I know reports have put them all around where I'm at. Little Rock...Tulsa for a couple days running.... St Louis multiple times...but no one seems to want to play for me here.

It's annoying to no end because I've got a damned good idea of what people are hearing and how to verify that. ...but I gotta be under one first.

edit on 6-11-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yea I can imagine how frustrating. I, for a long while, use to wanna experience something strange out of the norm and whenever I would read threads bout how people see a ufo or hear odd sounds I would be jealous and wonder why I never got to see or hear anything myself. I finally got my wish though. Though I wish I could've got hard evidence for everyone. Money is tight though so its hard to get anything to record stuff with.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
If you don't have anything to record with, grab a piece of paper and a pencil and sketch the sound wave of what you're hearing (like below) then maybe somebody who has knowledge of sound waves can make a YouTube video of themselves deciphering the sound wave and mimicking it vocally.

new topics

top topics

join