It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night Sky in Houston

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Hi, playing with my night vision tonight, noticed what seemed to be lights/stars aligned in a triangular fashion.
Since I know nothing about constellations I thought someone might be able to tell if it was legitimate stars.
Triangle is visible around 10s

Night Vision monocular + Iphone 5
I guess this is only visible in 1080
Let me know what you guys think

edit on 6-11-2012 by artvandalay because: add more info

edit on 6-11-2012 by artvandalay because: More info

edit on 6-11-2012 by artvandalay because: More info

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
To be honest...it's not a great video mate.....but those are stars.

Chuck three stones on the floor....chances are they will form a triangle.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by artvandalay

I agree - stars. Some hints to help categorize what you see. If the lights are dim, in the sky and not moving more than 1/12 of the sky's width per hour, they are stars. If you see any really bright fast moving lights in the sky, it's probably a drone. If you see any really bright fast moving lights coming towards you near the ground -- get out of the street.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

More to the point WHY are we watching a video of a video

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Since I know nothing about constellations I thought someone might be able to tell if it was legitimate stars.

Then this will help you identify what you are looking at , just load it up and tell it where you are and your questions will be answered .
Stellarium
Or this ..SkyView Free ...for iphone

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

It is my iphone camera at the end of my night vision.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by artvandalay
reply to post by wmd_2008

It is my iphone camera at the end of my night vision.

Not the best method then.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Go into your app store, go to search and type in 'constellation' or 'star' finder, they have a few to choose from. I'm using a free version on my iPhone, it's not as impressive or fancy but it gets the job done when you have questions as to what you may be seeing in the night sky.
My advice to anyone who takes the time each night to actually WATCH for things, or simply to enjoy the beauty in the skies, get a GOOD constellation app so you have access to more information on various stars. Also, invest in a good satellite fly by tracking app so you're not getting worked up over something mundane! It's fun when you know to expect one, and you see it, and when none are expected, you see something genuinely mysterious! I'd like to find an app or a good informative site explaining what different military craft can do, how fast they go, the lights they use, etc.. I've seen some questionable maneuvers by what I WAS sure, we're planes... After a bit of digging, I'm not so sure! Good luck and keep watching the stars!

top topics

join