It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Bigger Down Under Obama or Rommney( Iam there let me tell you all)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Living in Australia land of down under ....let me say folks Obama appears the bigger of the two guys competing to impress the political gallery and the voters in particular.

The lenghth and breadth of his thrusting campaign has attracted the female vote espescially.
Rommney appears deflated in comparison his limp policys are alienating the eager headstrong workers of the USA...even Aussies can see his heart isn't in it.

In comparison Obama from afar can clearly seen to be pumped up solid for this torrid voting contest.
In Australia it is taken as given that Obama will come out on top..his tool of victory will not be shrunk no matter the temptations that the media try and place on this fine member of the democratic party.

Obama is the winner by a sizeable margin.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Good.

You Aussies can HAVE him !!

Take Romney, and all of DC with too.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Glad this isn't talking about anatomy

Do our third party people get any traction at all over there? They don't get much here so I was wondering if they get any at all in other countries.
edit on 6-11-2012 by scorpiosin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by scorpiosin

No their coverage is extremely small.
Hardly noticeable to be honest.
Down under there are only two candidates on show.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Thank you for proving what I've always thought: Obama's just a big d---. But clever work in your OP.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

The lenghth and breadth of his thrusting campaign has attracted the female vote espescially.

That sentence right there was full of comedy and made me laugh out loud.......

On topic, I always find it interesting how much other countries are interested in our elections........I understand why......but its still interesting because you dont see it much with other countries......

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
reply to post by scorpiosin

No their coverage is extremely small.
Hardly noticeable to be honest.
Down under there are only two candidates on show.

This is what I noticed too. But majority of coverage is Obama, and even then they don't explain what they stand for/against, just mainly little snippets about where they are travelling etc. But this is the more entertainment channels, ABC, sbs & foxtel (cable) news channels might go further in depth but I wouldn't know. Like someone else said, they make Obama out to be this super suave, handsome, husband and father of the year kind of guy.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

From a down under perspective and it probably applies to Britain and many other nations the American presidential candidates appear larger in life than our own similar politicians.

In fact everything about the USA appears larger than life to us downunder.

Its as if everything is a movie to put it simply.

Wheras in Australia everything is a cheap documentary.

Iam not trying to deflate any members who are Aussie here on ATS.

Its just as it is...Obama is bigger than say our PM Julia Gillard.

She just doesn't seem to rise to the big occasion its like she is so quick to bend to the whims and desires of the voters.
Whilst Obama appears so rock hard and firm in his aims.
He will not bend but always remain solid and firm in his convictions.

LIke an upcoming movie star he just oozes the right stuff.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

You're definitely right about that! Same applies to music, movies, athletes etc. All the blockbusters seem to be from the US and we just get continually reminded of bloody crocodile Dundee haha. But to be fair we only have 20+ million population compared to Americas 300+

Oh, and a LOT of people are bigger than Julia Gillard. She's a joke.

edit on 6/11/2012 by bkaust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I want to thank you for taking a moment to write this. You'd probably guess the facts you relay aren't ones to make my night the best on record....but hey, you aren't necessarily advocating. You're telling it like you are seeing it in Australia. Personally, I always find the way others view the U.S. fascinating and telling at times for what my nation is doing right....and wrong.

I am curious about something though. Here, I can find polls tonight from the majors that show Romney ahead by 1-2% then I can find polls, also from major names, showing Obama ahead by 1-2%. I'm not sure how it's being reported there, but up here it's reading to me like we'll be very lucky to have a clear winner tomorrow night...or even Wednesday.

So my curiosity and question is, given what you said about Australian certainty for an Obama win and his surprisingly high profile down there (more so than your own PM huh?) what would you foresee the reaction being if Romney does win? Call it a 1:Billion chance...if anyone gets their back up over the mere idea. Still though, if...just maybe.. How would folks react if, as you're saying, Obama's victory is taken as a foregone conclusion with no serious chance of upset?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You gotta take the Ranga though alright......that's a fair swap I reckon - R-Money for the Ranga.
(And Abbott - but we'll throw him in for free)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

That's not a fair swap........

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I'm pretty impressed by the world's ability to predict who America will choose. Not only did they pick Obama, they also predicted Kerry and Gore. 3/3...not bad world....not bad.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
In my little circle in the far north, sadly I am pretty sure that most people do not even know there is an election.

0bama has too much of a profile everywhere in 0z to not win.

Who is this Romney character anyway?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

S&F very clever OP and to stay in character through the Q&A.

Not flaccid at all.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Well played OP, that was pretty creative.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
To be honest,
I find we're purely a Murdoch media earset. Even our news papers are manipulated to a lesser extent.

We see a pro Romney view, purely because all we get are short snippets from places like Fox, CNN and so forth.

Yes, Foxtel and cable can get the full putrid appeal of Fox and Friends, but our 5pm news is usually following the Murdoch tune, and our news papers although don't go biased for either party, they do tend to show more of Obamas stuff' ups and so forth than they do of Romney s.

SBS news with Lee Lin Chin is the best, its straight down the middle.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Nice play on words OP.

To be honest, no one I know, or have heard anywhere I go in Oz gives a toss who wins the American election.

Many ask why is there so much about this election on our TV screens ? And I have to agree.

Some few people recognise that votes do not count.. you don't get real change from any Party Politics. Different faces from time to time but always the same groups behind the scenes pushing the same old agendas.

One thing I took from a documentary recently is:- All countries that have working free health care and education systems also have Governments that are afraid of their populations.

The same is not true for America, and sadly now not even in Australia. And you all allowed it to get this bad by not standing up in numbers to force the necessary changes.

Now you will get to see where your choices are leading you... and it won't be good.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I hope this isn't taken as a snide remark. I love Oz (other than that freedom of speech thing....that sucks pretty bad). They are like the wilder and crazier version of a Texan.

But that they know enough about our elections to have an opinion is just fascinating to me. I mean, I am not total moron or anything, and I don't know the name of any political figure in Australia, past or present. I read ATS and interact with the Southerners....but I never can remember the name of their leader.

I barely remember Canada's and the UK's (can I cheat and just say, "God bless the Queen!!!!" for both?)

But Australians have an opinion on our candidates. Our candidates, not our President in particular.

Very interesting. Does America's actions have that much effect on even another fairly large nation like Australia?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Glad you appreciated the thread

As outlined Obama thanks in no small part to the Female vote of admiration ( 55% to 45% of the national female vote ) came first...and Romney had to settle for coming second with a rather reduced appreciation of his efforts by both the female and Gay vote.

Obama has proved with this second coming that he has the staying power to satisfy the American public.

It was rather an easy contest to judge.

new topics

top topics

join