It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Path of huge flood that caused ancient 'Big Freeze' located

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

They would resettle and rebuild, as have people who have lost cities to rising waters before. The point I believe Byrd was making is that such a civilization would have left traces of itself beyond the flooded areas

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by Julie Washington

But the time is off, Slayer is talking about 12,900 BC

No, he said 12,900 years ago, not 12,900 BC.

I stand corrected, 10,900 is still off the time line we are talking about

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

reply to post by Julie Washington

But the time is off, Slayer is talking about 12,900 BC

No, he said 12,900 years ago, not 12,900 BC.

Well... What time line are we talking about then?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Agreed and yet some locations do seem to spring up almost completely intact Sumer and Indus Valley come to mind. Although there is evidence of peoples living near those locations from earlier times/periods we see very little of the "Growth/development" stage/phase that lead up to their fully developed Civilizations.

Could evidence of those roots be submerged nearby or should we just assume that because there is evidence of people living in the region from an earlier period that those were the ones that that Civilization came from?

Hypothetically speaking, that's like saying the US developed out of the Mississippian cultures because there is evidence they were here first.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Sorry

DP....

edit on 6-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Might want to look here for a further explanation.

Cool looking book, thanks, will check it out.

Here are some free links with lots of info on ancient civilizations - that you won't find in a Google search - but there may be some "misinformation" thrown in as well, use your own discernment:

Ancient civilizations - the basics

A compendium of Ancient Civilization articles

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Many are beginning to realize ancient humanoid civilizations have been on the planet for many hundreds of thousands or millions of years; the Sphinx is believed to be over 1 million years old.

You need to stop clinging to the elites brainwashing/programming that no advanced humanoid civilizations existed much before 12,000 years ago.

All you have to do is go through some of these articles and you will learn we have been lied to.

Why no outcry from archeologists? Well, guess who provides their funding, and like most they care about what their peers think, and would much rather be part of a consensus than a black sheep.

Humans have been around much longer than we have been led to believe

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

And what caused this melt?? Surely could not have anything to do with the milankovich cycles and onset of this interglacial warm period.

Every glacial and interglacial period is linked to those orbital changes and we are currently overdue for another full ice age. This is what we should be preparing for instead of the global warming bull#.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I don't think it's a question of whether or not warming and melting are occurring, but more a question of exactly how much of it is human caused versus how much is naturally occurring pattern.

Yet this current so called warm period is colder and less significant than the ones we had earlier in holocene period with global temperatures slowly dipping on average over the last thousands of years.
If next cold cycle is deeper than the little ice age then that might very well bring on the full ice age that will last for tens of thousands of years.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
They have sussed the following, brand new analysis which ties together apparent conflicting cause and effects (nectar of the skeptics !)

1. A change in the tilt of the earths axis causes the norther hemisphere to warm up. Because of the tilt (seasons etc) the south warms up slower (conflict1)
2. The warming causes the ice sheets in the north to melt , but the south doesn't, the fresh water enters the northern atlantic.
3. All the fresh water alters the flow of ocean currents and causes the climate to switch with the north becoming colder (dryas period) and the southern hemisphere rapidly warms (conflict2)
4. The rapid rise in southern temperatures causes a release in CO2 which then result in a warming of the whole planet (conflict3)

They know this from sea sediment samples, ice core samples etc

FYI humans have released CO2 to cause step 1 which we know from the measurement of c12/c14 ratios.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

As always, I'm amazed at your ability to find these tidbits of news. Bravo! Secondly, here's a few similar articles about the study:

ScienceNews article

and

OurAmazingPlanet article

Also, here's Alan Condron's faculty and research pages at UMass with the second having links to the actual model files(which I've clicked on and apparently don't have the program to run lol):

Alan Condron Faculty Page
Alan Condron Research Page

edit on 11/6/2012 by Mad Simian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Hanslune

Agreed and yet some locations do seem to spring up almost completely intact Sumer and Indus Valley come to mind. Although there is evidence of peoples living near those locations from earlier times/periods we see very little of the "Growth/development" stage/phase that lead up to their fully developed Civilizations.

Could evidence of those roots be submerged nearby or should we just assume that because there is evidence of people living in the region from an earlier period that those were the ones that that Civilization came from?

Hypothetically speaking, that's like saying the US developed out of the Mississippian cultures because there is evidence they were here first.

Usually that is the case but like at Sumer we know a group call the Ubaid who had X culture were incorporated, conquered or blended with the later arriving Sumerians, together than gave rise to the civilization we know and love. I believe it was Kramer who estimated it took them 300+ years to go from neolithic villages to city states

Now someone looking at the US archaeologically would note the earlier culture, if they found DNA they would note some surviving DNA in the later popultion from the earlier and they would note artifacts from the earlier culture treasured and even place names used, ie the later culture overcame the earlier but did adapt some cultural aspects of it to include technology, ie certain crops, words,etc

What you'd want to pursue is where did the Sumerian come from?
edit on 6/11/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

You need to stop clinging to the elites brainwashing/programming that no advanced humanoid civilizations existed much before 12,000 years ago.

You need to stop clinging to what the fringe brainwashing tells you to believe - that everything we know is wrong and that they, and they alone know what happened - even without evidence, lol

All you have to do is go through some of these articles and you will learn we have been lied to.

Correct but the right article will show that the fringe is making up lots of stuff, open your mind to other information besides what you being told to read by the fringe

Why no outcry from archeologists? Well, guess who provides their funding, and like most they care about what their peers think, and would much rather be part of a consensus than a black sheep.

Incorrect you are simply repeating propaganda from the fringe, you obviously don't know how funding occurs. If what you were told to believe is correct nothing should change, it changes daily. Plus you seem to think there is a massive organization capable of controlling every archaeologist in every country?

LOL

Okay would you like me to list all the scientists and archaeologists who have found things that changed our view of history....why is that allowed? I always find that fringe beleivers think that not a single archaeologist anywhere has any honor - during the cold war people who believed in communism stole secrets and often died for this, free world people did the same, they were willing to give their lives - but not a single archy is and all that would happen to them is their peers would give them the stink eye?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
So the data points to about 12k years ago - wasn't their stuff about the star patterns (axis wobble) on the history channel a few years back? The Egypt pyramids, angkor wat, and others all pointing to the axis alignment of that time period?

Maybe the ancients put in place a warning of some sort (as mentioned in the history channel babble) for us to see?

But good news - the half-way alignment point is Dec 21 2012 - what could go wrong right? Nothing I'd imagine - the ancients only put in place a celestial marker to warn us and all for no reason whatsoever...

Good post OP - S&F.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Couple of points on this. The Laurentide ice sheet was vast - it covered a huge chunk of North America. When it melted, as land ice, it undoubtedly did raise sea levels.

Also look at the date it occurred. This falls into the correct time frame for various phases of freshwater pulse events in various locations around the world. No volcanoes or comets were necessary as the previous Ice Age had ended thousands of years before. The research actually indicates that the most probable cause for this amount of water pouring into the Atlantic is that the ice dam finally broke (again, the same as happened at other locations around the world).

The Barents Sea Region, for example, had at least 3 pulse events spread over 7'000 years - there was an awful lot of ice to melt! That time period allows for many civilizations to rise and fall and bear in mind this happened all over the planet.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

What you'd want to pursue is where did the Sumerian come from?
edit on 6/11/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

Black Sea Region for me. Aside from the sea levels rises, i have read that it would have been a haven region for wildlife, natural resources, etc, allowing farming to grow and cities to rise. All the early sites in Anatolia are not so far from this region - it would have been the natural migration region to escape the pesky melting ice sheets coming down from Russia and Ukraine.

Now i just need to find the evidence and gain worldwide archeological mythical status!
Mind you, that would then leave me with the question of where did the Black Sea people come from.......

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

The Sphinx is over a million years old? Any data to back that up? That is one hell of a claim to make without a source for it.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

edit on 7-11-2012 by kiwitina948 because: Oops I was on the wrong track, didn't read the thread title properly, sorry!!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwitina948

edit on 7-11-2012 by Flavian because: Deleted in defferance to above edit.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Yes I just re-read the title, and deleted my post hoping that just quietly no-one had had a chance to read it!! damm, sorry about that, hehe. Best I off to bed now!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join