It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New uncertified software patches installed on voting machines...GOP trying to steal Ohio???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Secretary of State's Office admits direct reporting function of untested election software

Citizen concerns about untested software have multiplied since the Columbus Free Press broke the news that Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted's office installed uncertified and untested software on the central vote tabulation machines in up to 39 counties in the state.

Uncertified, "experimental" software patches have been installed on machines in 39 counties of the key swing state

Last week, Bob Fitrakis and Gerry Bello at FreePress.org reported an important story concerning what they described as “uncertified ‘experimental’ software patches” being installed at the last minute on electronic vote tabulation systems in 39 Ohio counties.

From what we have seen on the polls from the last 2 weeks, Obama has been gaining momentum and has a comfortable lead over Romney on most key states, so is this the GOP's last desperate attempt to win the the election?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
My guess is they will flip the vote to make Romney come out on top. I think the political and social backlash from that would work to the advantage of the shadow govt. Keep the whole country distracted and divided over a contested election where either way the people would have lost. The American people will argue and riot over it when neither candidate would have done squat to really help any of us 99%. Yes, they're actually going to allow someone to get caught manipulating the data.
With people able to vote online by email and fax I smell lawsuits a plenty coming post election too.

Sad situation but that's my official call on this election on a conspiracy theorist's best guestimation basis.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Patch as in software update?
I'm in Ohio. There were complaints from people saying that their vote for Romney would come out for Obama. They found the programs window for Obama extended a quarter inch down into the Romney screen field, so one had to be very precise, or have their vote go for the candidate they didn't choose.
I suspect it was difficult for the programmer to match up the programs windows to the screens windows. I haven't seen the screens yet, so I don't know if the Presidential vote windows are different in size than the other windows for other candidates.
The problem was reported several times, which is why I wondered if it was a software patch to correct the problem.
I'm not saying there was trickery involved, just a computer glitch. I'd like for all voter's to vote for the person they choose.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Flow101

Good luck with your post. I would think that people would care about vote fraud regardless which party is involved. It IS a conspiracy.

Anyway I posted this this morning and not very many people had much to say. I find that pretty disgusting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCounselor

If there are problems with the machines in Ohio you can put it squarely on the shoulders of the 4 election commissioners for your county and the Secretary of State. Cuyahoga County does not have touch screen machines. They have the fill and scan system. As far as New Jersey and New York allowing email and all this other stuff. While they are bound to have problems unless it is a Romney win they won't really complain about it much as they are pretty Blue States and pretty much unquestionably going to go Obama regardless. I don't see alot of legal fights over what they will be doing
edit on 5-11-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

They still have ESS tabulators and that is how the votes are counted. The software patch is for the tabulators. Not good news.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Flow101

It is going to court in the morning. They may not be able to use the software.

snip>
A local candidate says a crucial piece of Ohio vote-tallying software was not properly vetted by the state and could be hacked. A judge will hear to case on Election Day and decide whether to grant an injunction against use of the software Tuesday.

www.csmonitor.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
November 5 Press Conference: FEDERAL E-VOTING LAWSUIT FILED VS. OHIO SECRETARY OF STATE JOHN HUSTED GREEN PARTY PRESIDENTIAL AND CONGRESSIONAL NOMINEES REVEAL DETAILS
by Velvet Revolution
November 5, 2012 (Video)
www.freepress.org...
This could be a long drawn out nightmare and heads should rolls if corruption is found.
Thanks Ohio SOS and election directors.

Maybe next year we will know who actually won.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Thank you. I honestly don't know what type of machine I'll be facing tomorrow, but you make a very good point.
I'll see what happens.
I'm glad to see the software is being looked into. I really don't want any shenanigans.

new topics

top topics

join