learn more

New devastating storm is coming to the region already ravaged by Sandy

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
SOURCE

Another Storm ?

While persisting gas shortages have kept New York and New Jersey running on empty, another coastal storm is approaching, threatening to set back the already-devastated regions when it strikes on Wednesday.

The National Weather Service has predicted that another storm could hit the Northeast on Wednesday and Thursday, causing additional power outages in regions that may get snow. Along the coast, the storm may be accompanied by strong winds, heavy rain, flooding, and temperature drops. A five ft storm surge could hit western Long Island.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
People are already suffering from the previous Superstorm sandy
It seems they have to face yet another one more time
All the concerned individuals should get prepared
I guess , the second storm will not be as devastating as the previous one
edit on 5-11-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMarine

My biggest fear in the coming freezing storm...people in being so cold, with no heat, electricity. Will start setting fires to try to get warm. Winds may whip those fires to destroy whole areas left standing by the hurricane. I Pray that doesn't happen. But, people will do desperate things, in desperate times.

Des

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I hope like hell the military hurries like they're heading to save the whole planet. I deeply fear what happens in New York City if power, law and a sense of basic order is missing ......when people start to shiver and are already dealing with empty stomachs and no idea of what the future holds. This has got to be terrifying for those who have no line to the outside but local gossip and rumor mills. Anyone who has been in a major disaster knows what I mean by those. The child game of telephone is a perfect and reliable communication method by comparison.

If nothing else, they need to bite the bullet on cost and deadhead every reefer trailer in the country that direction until they have capacity to at least seat everyone inside one. They are refrigeration....as everyone knows. What most people who haven't driven one don't know because it's rarely talked about is they go the OTHER direction too. It's been rare, but I hauled loads with 80 Degree required settings and I've blown my own reefer units on high heat to break the hard freeze after unloading meat or something else.

Line those streets in the dark and cold areas with trucks.....and they bring 200-400 gallons of diesel with them. (My truck carried 400 gallons on-board...plus 50 on the reefer) Each one of them. A reefer can run on the fuel it carries within it's own tank for 3-5 days though....MUCH longer if used carefully and not on full 24/7 run mode.

^^ My suggestion for a workable and IMMEDIATE solution that is literally parked right in front of everyone, all over the nation.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

What a great idea and heart-warming gesture! Truckers are awesome peeps!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I can see Al Gore and his global warming cronies pointing their finger.

Man caused this! Man caused this!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

...Having personally lived through "Frankenstorm" (NYC) and stared at his scars...the incomprehensible
is on meteorological reserve for Wednesday/Thursday of this week. There's barrage and violation
target-happy in this region...it's very questioning has seemed to overwhelm itself. The answers are not
forthcoming...this is rapidly becoming anomalous.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by UltraMarine

My biggest fear in the coming freezing storm...people in being so cold, with no heat, electricity. Will start setting fires to try to get warm. Winds may whip those fires to destroy whole areas left standing by the hurricane. I Pray that doesn't happen. But, people will do desperate things, in desperate times.

Des

Forget that... There's gas leaks everywhere!!! Those fires would light holy hell!

new topics

top topics

join