It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Links, Therorys and input requested.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hi,
we are forming a new paranormal research group (i.e. ghost hunter) in our area. Our goal is not the standard "oh my did you see that" or 15 second clip to gain followers or fame.
Our goal is to study and learn and try to answer the questions of how,what,why etc.

We have many theories to test and are trying to look at things from a new prospective.

Some of us are not new to the field, i myself have had a group before, but they were mainly interested in the cool factor of it all.
My long term goal is to find a location with activity, wire at least 2 cctv camera's in each room, as well as many other pieces of equipment to record data and do a long term study. Try to actually get to the bottom of it all.

I have personal reasons for wanting real answers rather than something cool to show friends, last year i was diagnosed with stage 4 liver failure due to Hep C, The doc told me i had 2-3 years max to live without a transplant, and since a operation like that is not guaranteed, and often never comes for ones that are wating,
(every day 18 people die while waiting for a liver transplant.). I want to learn as much as possible about the 'other side'.

So anyone with ideas, theories or links for good reading, please feel free to jump in. I am trying to gather as much knowledge as possible. I have been to all the ghost hunting sites, (had my own for a few years) and read their information. But i am looking for more, ideas, theory's.

Any and all input and info is appreciated, there are many many ideas and theory's on the paranormal, from mental condition to the standard of ghost from the dead, to string theory, and i am not one to rule any of them out. But i have personally seen and documented enough evidence to know that no matter how skeptic someone is, there is something out there, the question is, what is it, how is it,and why is it..

I hope to solve this before my time runs out.

Right now our group is small and we are in the research and equipment gathering stage, we will not officially start any investigations until spring, due to cold weather here and the effects on equipment. So we are in the learning stage, teaching them everything i know and searching for more information.

So i turn to ATS for added information, and before the flamers come along, yes i am searching on my own, but more than one brain looking is better and can find stuff that a single person may not think of or stumble acrost.

so anyone willing is asked to post links, or ideas they may have to help further the research.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Not to rain on your parade... but, the greatest paranormal investigators, magicians, theologians, and the like in history have all had your exact same goal in mind: gather information, formulate theories, test hypotheses, and learn "the truth" about the Afterlife.

They've all placed their coins beneath their tongues and crossed that river with the same amount of preparation as the rest of us: none.

You won't find your answers. Instead, you'll waste the last precious moments you may have to spend with the people you love, fixated on your own death. If anything is a recipe for an emotionally distraught discarnate entity remaining, it is that.

If investigating the paranormal is what makes you happy, do it. But don't live the rest of your life dictated by your fear of the next.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
There is a wonderful book that might interest you. It's called Ghost Hunters: William James and the Search for Scientific Proof of Life After Death by Deborah Blum.

The book is more historical than anything, but it basically describes how the first paranormal society went about looking for that proof. They designed some awesome experiments, and the results they got were fascinating. You might enjoy the read.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
If ghosts are going to be proven, it's going to be by some kind of scanning technology which reads their energy. Often spirits may be in abstract form, but sometimes taking on human-like forms. Imagine a sort of x-ray-type technology.

This would come about after a group of (likely well-funded) scientists develop a technology that can read conscious energy (a success within itself which would be revolutionary as it would change how many in modern society view reality.) Once accomplished, haunted houses and other locales could be scanned to detect consciousnesses outside physical form. Also, those able to leave their bodies could also be scanned (thus proving OBE.)

In the meantime, investigators will just rely on what Wandering Scribe points out. You could try out alternate ways of investigating but would risk being called unscientific (thus all following pursuits would fall under scorn even if your methods became more scientific.) But if you do it for fun, it might be a thrill to see what you find through video footage and EVP (with a great deal of patience.)

If I came up with any radical ideas I'd gladly share them with you. I've always thought it'd be fun to do investigations, myself. Amazing findings would make it feel worthwhile. If you were professional about it, you could help to bring more serious attention and respect to the paranormal in your area (which is good within itself.)

Even with loads of witnesses (even very credible ones) it can be hard to prove (to convince the scientific and skeptical crowds) that paranormal activity exists. Skeptics demand extremely—and I mean extremely—impressive evidence to prove such things. It never seems to be enough. Research Spring-heeled Jack to see what I mean. Even with hundreds of witnesses (including highbrow crowds) and actual physical evidence, such a creature would probably have to be somehow physically captured (or contained) to be physically and visibly examined by all the skeptics before it could be believed by them.
edit on 10-11-2012 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I am new to paranormal research and I am fascinated by the Spiricom. Being one that likes to approach research scientifically, I am impressed how the Spiricom came into existence. If I had more money and technical prowess I would love to try to recreate these findings. Below is just a small tid bit I copied and pasted about the Spiricom project. I highly recommend reading anything one can find on this subject.

In 1979, he (George Meek) and his colleague Bill O'Neil developed the Spiricom device, a set of 13 tone generators spanning the range of the adult male voice. O'Neil was psychically gifted, and he collaborated with his spirit friends while developing the large radio-like apparatus, which gave off a droning buzz that filled the room. When O'Neil spoke in its presence, you could hear his voice getting wrapped up in the buzzing noises of the Spiricom machine. He worked on the machine for months, and then a most amazing thing happened. Another voice began to get wrapped up in the radio sounds too—a voice belonging to someone who was present in the room, but invisible. The voice of a spirit.

Bill O'Neil and his spirit friend Dr George Jeffries Mueller had more than 20 hours of dialog through the Spiricom device which the two developed together between 1979 and 1982.

top topics

join