It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life extension

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well I put this here as I want to know what you all think about this subject as it is sure to be near the top of the list of those who wield ultimate decision making power here on earth.

My own ideas are only as advanced as a wondering mind can go and thats why I want your opinions on the who what where why type of knowledge on this subject

www.youtube.com...

Thats one introduction and I would reccommend Aubrey De Grey as a follow up in terms of learning about the subject.

I get the feeling that Aubrey is pissed off about the secrecy and withholdings of the elite and this subject.

It is the key to our species future really.
edit on 5-11-2012 by tekeen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
No one has a reply so I have a reply that I believe is correct in that these researchers of the Singularity institute are being allowed to go along with their program but the gov has much more advanced and aided programs by other offworld species that these people are wasting their energy and time.

Yes I am an asshole welcome to planet militarily controlled earth.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
No one wants to play with me but thats ok I am used to it.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tekeen

My poor lil member.

In the past I put this topic up and got the same results. So don't feel to bad.
Just be happy if you muster some flags and stars out of it.

Did you know that Henry Kissinger has been around since Ike was president ?

Did you also know his name anagrams to King Henry's Sire ?
edit on 5-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tekeen

I'll play...

This is about the metaphysical side of Life Extension, as opposed to the reality of the topic.

You want immortality..? It ain't gonna come from an ideology; it's gonna spawn from science.

Transhumansim, cryonics, nano-medicine...this is your heaven, this is your paradise; not some fallacy passed from generation to generation.

Buck up, or shut up...

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I dig it as one can see ships that pass out of our planet with our own genetics and think this is not real or you can think how in the hell do WE do that.

I agree that we are behind but we know damned well that we can do the same with some help or great minds.

If I told you my ideas they would be dismissed as unoriginal and undeveloped but then again we all have time on our side to one degree or another.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
forever fascinated, thank you italy and spain.

My brothers

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tekeen

I think that these "life extension" and "singularity" things are like the robot shows they did in the 1930's and 1940's. They had visions of robots helping people in their homes and in their hospitals in the 1960's and 1970's. They saw a world in the mid to late 20th century sort of like the jetsons with flying cars, moving sidewalks, robots that help people, talking computers with flashing lights all over them, and so on. But none of it really happened that way. Reality did its own thing.

We humans have believed and chased after some stupid things. But I guess this drive we have to achieve things needs to have an inspiration. It doesn't really matter what the inspiration is. It matters what the results are. And the results of all this is that people started a family and had children and put them through school and did various jobs and the world survived to turn another day. No, they didn't create the robot of their dreams, but they had some fun.

Having children and helping the world spin another day is all that really matters. These "singularity" and "life extension" and "jesus christ" things are just the fuel that pushes us forward.

People need dreams. A reason to live.

People who create a dream that many others adopt become famous.

Lastly, these "singularity" and "life extension" things are so far out there that it's easy to criticize them or to pick them apart. It's like an adult criticizing a 5 year old for their spelling. I could spend my life being a cynic and make lots of money because there're so many nuts out there spreading far out things. But the thing is, what's nutty today, in some distant time, will not be nutty anymore. When that time comes, I'm going to be the one that looks nutty. But, hey, it pays the bills.
edit on 1-1-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

join