It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Not Voting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koros
reply to post by projectvxn

If Obama and Romney were the only two choices, you may have a point. But, they aren't. So, your moral grandstanding means exactly squat.

They are the only two VIABLE choices so grandstanding for third party candidates means exactly squat.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

If Obama and Romney were the only two choices, you may have a point. But, they aren't. So, your moral grandstanding means exactly squat.

They are the only two VIABLE choices so grandstanding for third party candidates means exactly squat.
A candidate's lack of ability to win is not a reason not to vote for him. A vote for a third-party candidate, in this election, helps guarantee future funding for that party and sends a message that a break from the two-party system is needed.

So, please, unless your only criteria for voting is being able to say you backed the winning horse, get out there and vote for someone.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The presidential race is a television program. It's validity is due to viewership, not because it has any meaning. It's fake, but it has it's superficial fans. I'm not a fan, so I'm not voting. People do not die around the world hoping to have a fake vote in their country. They want a real vote that matters. This does not happen in the U.S. presidential election.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by projectvxn
Basically I'm a Constitutionalist Conservative with a flavor of Libertarianism. Romney and Obama do not represent me.. So therefore I cannot cast a vote because it just doesn't matter.

With all due respect, I think that's a load of crap. People worldwide die fighting for the right which you chose to eschew. So get out and vote for a 3'rd party candidate...anything less is laziness. Further, by ignoring your right to vote, you abrogate your right to bitch.

Go vote.

Maybe on local elections you have a valid point.
But, we have an Electoral College system that ultimately decides and can supercede the popular vote.

If a third party were to win the popular vote, the Electoral College of the two-party stalwarts would negate it.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Well then have your cake and eat it too. Another cliche especially for you.

Well at least that one was cute.

I promise not to whine.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I live in a state that will almost certainly go to the republican. If I don't want that candidate to win, I still vote to show that someone wanted an different candidate to win. Apathy toward voting is not going to fix anything, only make it worse in time.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I was raised to believe that if you waste your vote by not casting it, then you would have no right to complain about the state of your country, because you'd be part of the problem.

I hope you change your mind OP.

Rev

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Koros

A candidate's lack of ability to win is not a reason not to vote for him. A vote for a third-party candidate, in this election, helps guarantee future funding for that party and sends a message that a break from the two-party system is needed.

So, please, unless your only criteria for voting is being able to say you backed the winning horse, get out there and vote for someone.

Choosing between "candidates" means nothing if the system that puts the vetted and pre-approved names on the ballot is corrupt and defunct. You can vote til you're blue in the face, you can fight to become a delegate, and you'll still keep getting officials who dance to the tune of the system. Always have, always will. It was set up that way. Voting validates that corrupt and defunct system. I wish it was otherwise, but if wishes were horses beggars would ride.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

If you don't vote, no argument you make in the future can be taken seriously.

I am of the firm belief that when you decide to not speak up through your ballot, you give up your right to speak out afterwards.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Ha ! You don't even know the difference between a statement and a question. Two questions you've just avoided with your childish monkey ass show boating pic. You really showed me with your grandstanding deflection. I have another dumb " stsatement " for you. How old are you ?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I never vote and here is my reason, Constantly governments have neglected the need to create jobs for voters so why should I care about getting any of them a job. Public servant don't make me laugh when was the last time and elected government served the people that voted for them.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

At this point, I can see that you are so convinced that the entire system is out to get you that I won't bother trying to change your mind. Enjoy living in your bubble of self-righteousness while the very people you espouse to distrust are given free reign to decide your fate with your approval.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

It really makes me frustrated that no one on here seems to realize what you've just said!!

It's up to the electoral college!!

We the people's vote-is just like a suggestion! The people who run all this just want us thinking our votes are being counted correctly and actually matter. It's hooo blah!

It's all crooked in my opinion. And I feel like I need to stop worrying about all this and live!! It's inevitable.

Edit: you say goodbye and I say hello
edit on 6-11-2012 by natalia because: (no reason given)

Edit: My opinion-I also was raised with the saying if you don't vote you don't have a voice! Well I think that's a load of bull! I don't have to vote because I'm not going to play into this corrupt game that's going on. And I have a voice-i can speak.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme
reply to post by randyvs

At least (if not more often) voting changes the president every 8 years.
I see things being changed about ever 2 years as a direct result of voting.

Do I like these changes? Most times no, but I do see the changes.

That's your answer ? That they change puppets ?

That's right they do. And when one goes rogue and deviates away from the agenda ?

You're obviously voting for murdering bastards and I think you're all extremely sick in the mind.
edit on 6-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

reply to post by frazzle

At this point, I can see that you are so convinced that the entire system is out to get you that I won't bother trying to change your mind. Enjoy living in your bubble of self-righteousness while the very people you espouse to distrust are given free reign to decide your fate with your approval.

You, otoh, are convinced that you must vote someone into power and give them your permission to further abuse you (and me) .... without recourse.

electionboycott2012.org...

Obviously we’re not a democracy, but many people seem to think that we’re a republic where we can exercise our supreme power through our elected representatives. Of course to exercise your supreme power through your elected representatives, you have to have supreme power over them in the first place, and I contend that the Constitution did not give the people of the United States any power over our elected federal representatives at all. None.

Got that? NONE.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Regardless of whether you are voting or not voting; the election results will be questioned in the courts and probably determined by the supreme court once again like with Bush/Gore.

The system is so flawed that it's hard to believe the results; then throw into the mix the electoral college, hacked voting machines, hanging chads, stolen ballot boxes and crooked election officials....what a mess!!!

I voted for Gary Johnson. I think it's the first time I have ever voted FOR anyone. I usually just vote against the Fascists, war mongers.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

reply to post by frazzle

You, otoh, are convinced that you must vote someone into power and give them your permission to further abuse you (and me) .... without recourse.

electionboycott2012.org...

Obviously we’re not a democracy, but many people seem to think that we’re a republic where we can exercise our supreme power through our elected representatives. Of course to exercise your supreme power through your elected representatives, you have to have supreme power over them in the first place, and I contend that the Constitution did not give the people of the United States any power over our elected federal representatives at all. None.

Got that? NONE.
So, the basis for your opinion is the opinion of another person? That is what you are going to go with?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Nice post there buddy. I am PROUD to call you my countryman, sir.

Show em that MuzzleFlash, Hell right.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by randyvs

When you do not vote the only message you are saying is " I will let someone else decide for me." At the end of the day even if your voice wasn't with the crowd that won at least you used it.

Used it for what ? To say I want the indigo puppet ? Or I want the white puppet. I think so and so will do a better job at following the agenda ?

What a waste of time. even if not one person voted, they would still put up the same numbers. It's a joke that they sit and laugh at us for believing.

Baaa !

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Koros

So, the basis for your opinion is the opinion of another person? That is what you are going to go with?

So the basis for your post was not to refute the opinion of the "other person". Because you can't.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join