It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Not Voting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Fine and dandy. Don't vote, however don't come on here and whine either. ATS members have pretty good memories.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
To all those that choose not to exercise your right to vote then the government you get is the government you deserve. Trust me this is what happened in Canada, people stopped voting cause the result was always the same, a minority Government. But the last election no one voted, this allowed a Fascist regime to seize power, and they are wasting to time rewriting every law Canada has in favour of corporations, decimated all the environmental laws, its been a travesty. Get out and vote! Choose the lessor of the two evils cause if you don't, like in Canada's case you will get the greater of the two evils!

Read the article in this ATS OP
edit on 5-11-2012 by brice because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2012 by brice because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I merely think that part of the plan is to make alot of folks feel as you do, and by staying home and not to at least vote on all the other state and local issues on the ballot, only helps to bring their plan to fruition

You seem naive with this but I know you are informed enough not to be. It's just that I see " their plan " always comes to fruition by keeping us occupied and divided.

I know you didn't accuse anyone Jack. That's why although I felt a need to clarify, I didn't accuse of you any accusations.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The major division IMO.. is to alienate the folks who could actually throw a wrench in their plans...

As evidenced here on a daily basis, there is no lack of staunch Left/ Right supporters.. and their game of putting down each other...

It's those of us who are so sick of it, that we are willing to disconnect and stay home as protest to avoid the noise, are actually falling in line with both side's efforts to keep us pissed and silent...

your mileage may vary of course, this is just how I feel about it..

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Fine and dandy. Don't vote, however don't come on here and whine either. ATS members have pretty good memories.

Even tho I never whine. I'll remember you as one who makes use of cliche's. And if I do choose to whine anyway ? I will, because it's my right. No matter what you tell me I can and can not do. Not voting doesn't mean I wave any rights.
edit on 5-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Jack
All good on agree to disagree.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Why not vote for Gary Johnson and help the Independent Party get the 5% of votes they need for Federal Funding? Based on what you said your issues are, he seems a good match for you. I'm voting for him even though my State will go to Obama anyway.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by brice
To all those that choose not to exercise your right to vote then the government you get is the government you deserve.

Even worse.
You get the government that someone else deserves.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

Voting is the only way to change things peacefully.

Time after time after time after time after time. How many times do you have to see it. When has voting changed a damn thing ?
Then war is definitely in the future.

Kali

Why not vote for Gary Johnson and help the Independent Party

Lets all vote for someone that will lose no matter how many votes they truly get.

At least it makes just as much sense as voting period. Nunya !

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Why not vote for Gary Johnson and help the Independent Party get the 5% of votes they need for Federal Funding? Based on what you said your issues are, he seems a good match for you. I'm voting for him even though my State will go to Obama anyway.

I'm also voting for Gary Johnson but he is a member of the Libertarian Party not the Independent party.

Perhaps I'm old fashioned but voting is a ritual that characterizes what is good about America. It's just a shame that our choices most of the time just suck!

I was honored to vote Libertarian this time for a man that seems to have a sense of honor. I hope that Johnson gets enough votes to put the fear of God into the Republicans and Democrats. We need a voice!

edit on 5-11-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I would love to have enough faith in our gov. that I could vote. Things as they are, I said it before and will say it again.

I'd rather drink turpentine and pee on a brush fire !

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well then have your cake and eat it too. Another cliche especially for you.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I wouldn't loose sleep over it because the elections are rigged. They just want to make people believe that they have the power to vote when that really wouldn't make one slick of a difference.

At the end of the day the president is just the puppet that answers and represents those that shape society but do not want to be seen or known. The president always makes a great fall guy so he is instrumental to 'them'.

Besides not much to choose from. Either way it spells disaster.

Just like Randyvs says...........total mockery.

edit on 5-11-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Time after time after time after time after time. How many times do you have to see it. When has voting changed a damn thing ?

That has got to be the dumbest statement I have ever seen on ATS. Congratulations.

I could list about a thousand things voting has changed but at this point I don’t think it will help.
edit on 5-11-2012 by Grimpachi because:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I starred you for this. We agree, can you believe it?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

I understand.
But the choice isn't real.

I'm going to live in reality.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Miracles do happen. Lol.

I agree with you on some issues and give you stars but that can stay our secret.

Thanks for the star and back at ya.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

At least (if not more often) voting changes the president every 8 years.
I see things being changed about ever 2 years as a direct result of voting.

Do I like these changes? Most times no, but I do see the changes.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Congratulations OP. If you're smart enough to see through this illusion and fake facade they would would have you believe you have a say in ? Then you move to the head of the class as far as true patriotism goes in America.

When you can't win at a game where losing could mean everything? Then don't play the game. Good for you.

SnF

I refuse to vote no matter what illegitimate sense anyone tries to make of it.

Very nicely said (I especially like the last line). I also can't help but feel the whole voting system is put into place to make the people feel as though they have a voice. I think things on the smaller scale may be decided by voting; like more localized politics and decisions, but not so with the big stuff.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

You were just shamelessly star seeking and I obliged you. This thread wasn't the first time for me either.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

That is what I meant to type.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join