It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"512 Paths to the White House"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
431 for Obama

76 for Romney

www.nytimes.com...

Interactive map exploring all the possible routes to the White House for each of the two main candidates.

Nine states are shown, but The Times rates only seven of them as battlegrounds. If Nevada goes to Mr. Obama and North Carolina goes to Mr. Romney, as The Times’s ratings suggest, the president will have four times as many paths to victory as his opponent.

Edge of Your Seat Possibilities
There are five paths to a tie. In this case, the newly elected House of Representatives would select the president (likely Mr. Romney) and the Senate would select the vice president (possibly Joseph R. Biden Jr.).

WTH?

Did anyone else know that last bit was even a possibility? 2012 has been so insane, I'm not ruling out the wacky possibility that it could happen.

Regardless, it's uphill for Romney.
edit on 11/5/2012 by Sergeant Stiletto because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Did anyone else know that last bit was even a possibility? 2012 has been so insane, I'm not ruling out the wacky possibility that it could happen.
Sure, but it hasn't been seen as much of a possibility so it has been shunted aside.

Besides, if Biden becomes Romney's Vice-President, I suspect Romney might tell him "Joe, I want you to supervise our Antarctic research stations from the ground. Report back every six months."

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Well, given the uber-tight polling data, it shouldn't be ruled out. LOL! It may be a squeaker! Especially since Romney has a vested interest in some of the voting tech.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

That is an awesome website.

As everyone can see, Romney has a very narrow path, exactly what I have been saying for the past month or so.

If Obama wins Florida, it is pretty much over. If Obama loses Florida but wins Ohio, again, Romney has to sweep.

new topics

top topics

join