posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

You are talking about Iran, right?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
reply to post by Swills

It`s the same thing, Netanyahu only wants to get rid of the Iranian actual regime, not the country.

I`m not exactly pro-Israel, but I`m anti-Iran.

No I disagree. The actual translation speaks of a regime occupying Jerusalem not an entire Jewish, Muslim, and Christian population currently living in the state known as Israel.

It's not the same thing no matter how much you want it to be.

re·gime/riˈZHēm/

1. A government, esp. an authoritarian one.
2. A system or planned way of doing things, esp. one imposed from above.

But it's obvious both regimes want each other wiped off the face of the planet. You can quote me
edit on 5-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Good no one cares. If we don't get the Zionist sock puppet elected, then Israel can write its own damn check.

American blood and Persian blood should not be spilled by one another, not on the account of any rogue state that wants to act as the Bully on the block.

Eh, Obama will not hold Netanyahu back if he is reelected and Romney will have no problems going to war with Iran if he is elected. Netanyahu's time in power may be running out and I think he means business. Our only real hope of anyone stopping him is from his Gov't, the IDF, & Mossad.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I was trying explain that if you are trying to justify Iran saying that they only want to get rid of the regime occupying Israel you have no reason to criticize Netanyahu, since he is only trying to get rid of the regime occupying Iran too.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Some of the comments on there are pretty much laughable.

link   
Quick, somebody give him a bayonet and a horse.

link   

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Swills

I was trying explain that if you are trying to justify Iran saying that they only want to get rid of the regime occupying Israel you have no reason to criticize Netanyahu, since he is only trying to get rid of the regime occupying Iran too.

I'm not justifying anything, just correcting a very common mistake used during Iranian/Israeli warmongering. Both regimes can go to hell, the USA as well, and just about every other form of Gov't on this planet.

I'm anti regime. F em' all.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Netanyahu's time in power may be running out and I think he means business. Our only real hope of anyone stopping him is from his Gov't, the IDF, & Mossad.

His time is probably not running out. He already called for elections in a very convenient time, and everything shows that he is going to be elected again.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Well, I agree that they can both go to hell. But I`m not not anti-government, people are not ready to govern themselves.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Swills

Some of the comments on there are pretty much laughable.

Ugh I just noticed those... that's not good, but it doesn't surprise me. There are Israeli's who are for war and against it, so let some time pass and let's check those comments later to see what blossoms... or withers.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hououinkyouma

That's why I said it may be running out instead of it is running out. He hasn't won yet and the it ain't over till the fat lady sings.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Without signing NPT , Israel still possess WMD , That is why Israel needs to be sanctioned .

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
1)I agree he should do it alone!

2)america has no business fighting another proxy war. Pretty sure we attacked iraq the second time as a favor for israel, because saddam had launched scud missles towards israel the first time, and israel wanted revenge. We did not attack for oil, we did not attack because of wmd(none were found other than small quantities of chemical agents).

3)israel is threatning iran, while iran only badmouths israel. Why can't israel simply badmouth iran back?

4)israel is creating hatred in the middle east because of its oppression of the palestinians. there is no reason for walls seperating palestine from israel. simply arrest hamas and absorb palestine in one state. make it a secular government.

5)jerusalem should be an independent nation. it is too important for muslims, christians and jews to remain part of israel.

6)put a reasonable two-state solution on the table. take it to the international courts and let them decide. make syria and jordan give up some land.

4) and 6) are viable options and mutually exclusive.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Swills

Well, I agree that they can both go to hell. But I`m not not anti-government, people are not ready to govern themselves.

The only Gov't I'm for is one that is totally and completely transparent, which is never going to happen under our current models. The only Gov't that will work is one that is truly for the people by the people.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

Exactly, they never signed the NPT, so they are not breaking any rules.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

If you notice...Iran is playing a very deadly game in that they Talk a LOT...but actually do little OVERTLY. Covertly they are very active. The U.S. is aware of the game Iran is playing and the U.S. plan is simply to wait Iran out. The U.S. Military will not be deterred by a few Iranian circa. 1945 Fission Bombs. This is where Iran has made a terrible miscalculation.

Iran does not have a Missile or Plane large enough to deliver what would be a MASSIVE BOMB that has little punch...most likely 4 to 9 Kilotons Max. Yield. Iran could put this bomb on a truck but U.S. Satellite detection capabilities of Nuclear Fuel are very good. If Iran attempted to sneak it in to Israel via road...the U.S. would detect it.

But make no mistake...if Iran was to either Close the Strait of Hormuz or declare publicly it had Nuclear Weapons...the U.S. would attack. It would attack using Highly Advanced Weaponry designed specifically for this scenario as U.S. War Planners have had decades to develop war plans for a possible Nuclear capable Iran. The one thing I am certain of is that the Iranian Military would rather back the Pro-Democracy Movement than tangle with the U.S. Military which would take the Gloves Off when dealing with possible Nuclear Weapons. I hope this does not happen as it would be a Blood Bath that the World would not like seeing as it would make Iraq look like a Training Exercise. This is why getting the Iranian Military to stand down is important.

If the Secret Military to Military talks work as they did to a great extent in Iraq...the Iranian Military could continue as the Guardians of a Free Democratic Iran. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I just mentioned this countries because they are in the same position as Israel, they do not threaten other countries without reason. Iran is the one saying that wants Israel out of the map, and the only one to be sanctioned.

Actually the statement that Iran want's to wipe Israel off the map is a mistranslation that just so happens to suit anyone who is Pro Israel and Anti Iran.

Iran's Jews reject cash offer to move to Israel

The following correction was printed in the Guardian's Corrections and clarifications column, Saturday July 28 2007

In the article below we reported that last year President Ahmadinejad said (quoting the late Ayatollah Khomeini) that Israel should be "wiped off the map". A more literal translation of the statement he made in 2005, at The World without Zionism conference in Tehran, is "the regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time".

I see this argument repeated by the Iranian apologist crowd quite often on ATS.

How exactly does "the regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time" and "wiped off the map" differ in this context?

On one hand "wiped off the map" implies the abolition of the modern Israeli state to be replaced by a greater Palestine.

On the other saying that "the regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time" is a more melodramatic reference to the abolition of the Israeli state to be replaced by a singe Palestinian state.

It means the same thing.

How about Iran stops sponsoring terrorist organisations and quits playing games with a nervous world regarding their "peaceful" nuclear ambitions?

Iran has done their part as well to bring the rhetoric and saber rattling to where it is now, to pretend otherwise is naive or disingenuous.

For the record I believe that diplomacy, not force is the solution to the current quagmire.
edit on 5-11-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I agree with your scenario. Opposed to many here I don`t believe Iran can stand a fight agains USA or even Israel.

But I don`t mind a preemptive attack.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Netanyahu: I Will Attack Iran Alone if Necessary

www.israelnationalnews.com

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu promised on Monday that by the time his term as Prime Minister is over, Iran will not have a nuclear weapons program.

Speaking to Channel 2, Netanyahu said that if it is necessary, he will lead an independent Israeli attack against Iran, even without the support of the United States.

“When former Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion declared the establishment of the State of Israel, was it with the consent of the Americans? When former Prime Minister Menachem Begin bombed the Iraqi nuclear reactor, was that with the consent of the Americans?” asked Netany
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 5-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

Ok , am I the only one wanting to make an avatar out of that pic ?

Over the years I have seen a lot of prewar hype and I would have a pretty tough time remembering anything even coming close to the coming attack on Iran hype that we have been treated to over the last many years .

And unless there is some grand plan with many new shinny weapons or fancy EMP pop off's over Iran , one has to wonder as to what type of response will see from Iran when attacked ?

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join